Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

I got my Z!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2003, 08:21 PM
slaponte

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking I got my Z!

After lusting over other's Zs for many years, I finally got my very own for the first time. I started a family early and had to sacrifice to station wagons and mini-vans. Now, at 42, the excuse of a mid-life crisis is all I need to get my Z.

I went to Universal Nissan in Orlando. They had 4 touring/6Ms in stock. 2 red, 1 white, 1 orange. Only the reds had spoiler, and only one of them had the dark leather, so there she is.

After bought and prep, drove home to Miami for 3.5 hours. Great ride. Started noticing the behaviour of the Bose system, been reading about it today.

BTW, paid a few $$$ over MSRP (not much).

More pics :

Old 01-21-2003, 02:48 AM
Sz28r

Funny - mid life crisis - I'm there too, 43 with kids in their middle teens but I plan on having 3 or 4 crisis's before I get over it - lol

I've always wanted a Z since my brother-in-law had a 240Z when they first came out but just couldn't swing it - - I got my CS Performance just before Christmas, managed to make it through the break in period (4000 rpm max for 1200 miles) - - The car is awesome - enjoy your Z (and your family)

Steve
Old 01-21-2003, 06:59 AM
cotmfk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats! Enjoy it!
Old 01-21-2003, 09:19 AM
Impostor

That red looks pretty SWEET! Congrats!

Impostor
Old 01-21-2003, 10:11 AM
slaponte

It really draws a lot of attention. Not that many out on the streets yet, I get a lot of people asking me what is it...

The ex saw it last nitgh. She says it looks like a woman's car. One more reason I am glad she is the ex...

My son (20) thinks it is :
I had to break to him the bad news that he is NOT on the insurance and can't drive it...

My daugther (21) thought I was lying when I sent her the picture. They really think the car of my dreams was a mini-van... NOT!

All of the sudden, everybody wants to go to lunch with me.... hummm... what could it be....
Old 01-21-2003, 10:25 AM
2k3silver350z

i'm only 21 and i already had my midlife crisis. the Z is my new toy also. congrats and welcome to the fam
Old 01-23-2003, 07:49 PM
sA'X

What Street On FL, MIami do you live? is it SW, Or NW, but the look of the neighborhood it looks SW.. I used to live down there... i was by 24st 93 AVe , i LOVE MIAMI.. To bad i had to move up here to WI because of financial problems .. Love the Z.. Congrats
Old 01-23-2003, 08:07 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Congrats on the car.

At some point give your kids a shot with it. Part of my fun has been having my boys drive our Z. Won't turn them lose w/o me along though. My youngest (19), who could care less about cars,
was comming in every night to go take another manny tranny lesson. He had fun on the twisties during our camp/drive trip last week before going back to school.
Old 01-24-2003, 06:38 AM
cobf32

Congrats on your Z!

I would be very unhappy with that dealer sticker on the back of the car though! If you paid MSRP + why advertise for the dealer! I would have them remove it now so it doesn't ruin the paint!

Just my 2 cents

Silverstone Performance
Phx AZ
Old 01-24-2003, 04:14 PM
slaponte

Sax, S.W. 160th or so...

The dealer sticker will be off soon. Those pictures are the morning after, didn't even have time to think about.

The MAIN reason to take that sticker off is it is a Nissan/HYUNDAY dealer... I really do not want the word Hyunday on my Z...