Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

Anybody have a big pic of the jumping 350Z?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2003 | 10:26 PM
klee.007

Default Anybody have a big pic of the jumping 350Z?

You know that pic of the 350Z getting airbourne? I want to use it as my desktop!

Keith
Old 03-09-2003 | 07:56 AM
Butterfly20

I took a pic of a nissan mag pic. Not that great but something at least.
Attached Thumbnails Anybody have a big pic of the jumping 350Z?-jump-res.jpg  
Old 03-09-2003 | 08:44 AM
travs_z

Hey Keith,

I noticed in your signature that you are a Prelude owner who is considering a Z. I used to post a lot on hondaprelude.com/preludeonline.com before one went under and the other started charging $$$ to post. Anyhow, I sold my 95 Prelude VTEC (Azure/Blue, Tan Leather) for a Daytona Blue Enthusiast 350Z.

Powerwise the Z is a totally different ballgame: very linear power delivery and rear wheel drive, plus quite a bit faster. Forget revving up to 5500RPM to get power! The ride is definitely more harsh in the Z versus my Prelude. I would equate the ride to being in a slightly lowered 'lude.

The two things I miss from my Prelude are the leather, and the sunroof. The leather will be remedied by a Katzkin kit, but the sunroof is not going to happen it seems. Still, with the looks/perfomance of the Z, I don't regret parting with the Prelude that much.

Anyhow, I know this wasn't what you were asking about, but perhaps feedback from a previous Prelude owner will help you a little in making your decision. Good luck!
Old 03-09-2003 | 01:16 PM
SkyMan

Cool

i also came from preludeonline.com, and traded in my 01' SE prelude for a silverstone 350z. Im also a Canuck too, Ottawa represent.
Old 03-09-2003 | 01:29 PM
klee.007

Thanks guys... yeah, I tried a 350Z yesterday... it was so different. First of all, I have a performance clutch on my 97 base lude with LSD. The clutch on the 350Z seem like it was soft and took a little longer to catch. My lude is also lower but I think the Lude is lower over all than the 350Z. Rear wheel drive and all that torque was a pleasant surprise. One thing I wasn't use to was the low revving experience... I am use to driving my Lude to 7300 rpm and I hit the rev limiter 2-3 times on my test drive. But I'm still undecided... maybe you guys can lean me in either direction...

I still am curious to how the S2000 drives. But one thing I was debating against the S2K was the known syncho issues (like the 5th gen lude) and the usable powerband at 5-6000rpm +. But now I am reading that the 350Z has tranny issues too... I had my share of tranny issues with my Lude and I don't want to go through that again.

SkyMan, I was originally from Montreal, Canada but move to St. Louis, Missouri since then. Tell me.... I heard the 350Zs are a limited production run in Canada... is that true?

BTW travs_z, I'm a moderator at the 'other place'

Last edited by klee.007; 03-09-2003 at 02:22 PM.
Old 03-09-2003 | 01:31 PM
deltaboxr1

I also came from hondaprelude.com,I traded my 2000 prelude sh for a chrome silver enthusiast Z.What a joke the prelude was compared to the Z!
Old 03-09-2003 | 02:09 PM
WtB350z

im from vancouver prelude club. now im gonna sell my 2000 prelude and order a Z.
Old 03-09-2003 | 02:35 PM
SkyMan

ya keith i remember ya, your the guy that had those sweet JDM hookups, i still have those pics of the chopped ITR that u tooka pic of. ya the Z's are pretty rare here, but there are still quite a few, more than the U.S. has there right now. the thing Nissan did in Canada was not allow U.S. dealers to buy Canadian Z's.. so Canadian dealers have quite a few, while i hear the U.S. is in quite the shortage...i also heard that the price of the Z's is goin up $4,000 each year, as the z is only a three year model and then it will be extinct much like the previous z cars. The value of the 350 is also supposed to appreciate instead of depreciate, where rare colours will be worth more (silverstone, le mans, redline). Those colours are rare because when people were ordering the z's they didn't know how they would look, so they played it safe with chrome silver, or black...anyway,..i have rambled on for long enuf...
haha
Skyman.

Last edited by SkyMan; 03-09-2003 at 02:45 PM.
Old 03-09-2003 | 03:58 PM
Stone Z

Arrow

Awww....what the hell. I came over from Hondaprelude.com and Preludeonline.com as well. I was originally going to sell my '93 Si this spring and get a Z, but after it was stolen in December, the thieves took it upon themselves to expedite the process a bit. I still post once in a while to Preludeonline.com under the nick 'Type Si'.

Here's a picture of my car from last summer after I just got some new RH Evo's.
Attached Thumbnails Anybody have a big pic of the jumping 350Z?-93-lude.jpg  
Old 03-09-2003 | 04:07 PM
travs_z

That's a NICE 4th Gen Lude!
Old 03-09-2003 | 04:22 PM
Stone Z

Originally posted by travs_z
That's a NICE 4th Gen Lude!
Thanks a lot....it was MINT! I really miss it, but I'm sure I won't miss it as much once my Z gets here. My insurance company hooked me up quite well with all the aftermarket equipment I had installed. I settled with them for $9411....blue book on the car was high 6K's.

Here's another.
Attached Thumbnails Anybody have a big pic of the jumping 350Z?-93-lude-2.jpg  
Old 03-09-2003 | 04:24 PM
Stone Z

Here's an interior shot....
Attached Thumbnails Anybody have a big pic of the jumping 350Z?-dscf0004a.jpg  
Old 03-09-2003 | 04:26 PM
travs_z

Thanks guys... yeah, I tried a 350Z yesterday... it was so different. First of all, I have a performance clutch on my 97 base lude with LSD. The clutch on the 350Z seem like it was soft and took a little longer to catch. My lude is also lower but I think the Lude is lower over all than the 350Z. Rear wheel drive and all that torque was a pleasant surprise. One thing I wasn't use to was the low revving experience... I am use to driving my Lude to 7300 rpm and I hit the rev limiter 2-3 times on my test drive. But I'm still undecided... maybe you guys can lean me in either direction...

I still am curious to how the S2000 drives. But one thing I was debating against the S2K was the known syncho issues (like the 5th gen lude) and the usable powerband at 5-6000rpm +. But now I am reading that the 350Z has tranny issues too... I had my share of tranny issues with my Lude and I don't want to go through that again.

SkyMan, I was originally from Montreal, Canada but move to St. Louis, Missouri since then. Tell me.... I heard the 350Zs are a limited production run in Canada... is that true?

BTW travs_z, I'm a moderator at the 'other place'
LOL! Keith, I guess I am just to cheap to pay the $5.00 to post. PO.com is a great site, I still browse the General forum from time to time there to keep up on the Preludes. Damn Honda for cancelling its production!

I am not going to BS you, you will miss some things about your Prelude, because it's a NICE car. Heck you have a 5th Gen, so you will probably even miss yours more than I miss my old 4th Gen. I mainly miss the sunroof, and the trunk. (And you thought 4th Gen trunks were small!)

Performance-wise, I think the Prelude and Z aren't even close. You're talking almost 2 seconds difference in the 1/4 mile stock vs. stock. And a modded Z will be something to fear.

If you were coming out of a Civic, there would be no question in my mind that you would soon forget you ever owned one. However, since you are in a Prelude, you'll miss it from time to time for sure.

With all of that said, I say get the Z and be happy. It's a great handling, powerful, and sharp looking true-sports car. There is nothing in it's price range that's near as nice.

Oh, and this car causes more people to comment on it than I've ever seen. You'd think I was driving a Ferrari or something! I went to Costco and this old couple asked to sit in it! (I let them) LOL

Hope my rambling helps! Good luck on your decision!
Old 03-09-2003 | 04:28 PM
travs_z

Here's my old Prelude VTEC.
Attached Thumbnails Anybody have a big pic of the jumping 350Z?-interior_1.jpg  
Old 03-09-2003 | 04:30 PM
travs_z

Outside shot:
Attached Thumbnails Anybody have a big pic of the jumping 350Z?-outer_1.jpg  
Old 03-09-2003 | 04:30 PM
Stone Z

Question

Hey travs_z,

Where are you from in WA? I grew up and lived there for 27 years before I ended up on Long Island of all places.
Old 03-09-2003 | 04:44 PM
travs_z

I live in Silverdale now. It's across the sound from Seattle. Funny thing is I'm from Savannah, Georgia originally!
Old 03-09-2003 | 04:52 PM
Stone Z

Talking

Originally posted by travs_z
I live in Silverdale now. It's across the sound from Seattle. Funny thing is I'm from Savannah, Georgia originally!
Lol...I grew up in Bremerton!
Old 03-09-2003 | 05:29 PM
klee.007

Thanks Travs...

I'm still on the fence... I still love my Lude but I just think it's time for something new and refreshing (that has a warranty). As well, I'm sick of trying to get my Lude to be fast... I would rather just get a car that is fast right off the truck. Know what I mean?

Mind you, I have LSD + OEM leather seats + S2000 Steering wheel along with a wack of other goodies...

Keith
Old 03-09-2003 | 10:04 PM
SkyMan

mine was pretty much stock except for mugen exaust/header.. plus springs and fogs that were just never installed.

good car it was.

Quick Reply: Anybody have a big pic of the jumping 350Z?