Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

Potter's GT-350Z

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 10:04 AM
JDMZ-33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn..your is Z is so Fat..love it

Last edited by JDMZ-33; 09-28-2006 at 10:16 AM.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:14 AM
HARRYPOTTER

really?.....thanks man...I appreciate it....everybody who saw me driving around with the kit for a year when it was just primer...stock rims that were WAY WAY inside of the fender........use to laugh at me, and say my car was a Joke, but I told them that this kit has a lot of Potential if you do it correctly, and I’m glad that this shop was capable of doing exactly what I designed/created.
Old 09-28-2006, 12:08 PM
GTNPU Z
VERTEX Army CEO

Not bad. This use to be CS right? I think I remember seeing how your car looked before. Definitely looks better than before. Since you opened it up for suggestions, here are mine (take it as you will):

- Paint the mirror bases so that it matches the top half of the car (unless you plan on completely upgrading it).

- Take out the "GT-350" badge on the side. To me it just looks cheezy. Then again, I like my LadieZ completely shaved

- I love the wheels but I feel you should've gotten a more aggressive offset/setup. I would've gotten wheels that'll go completely flush with the fenders. From the pics, it looks like they're still slightly tucked.

- I'm pretty sure you set this up so you can drive it around the shop, etc...which is fine but it'll visually look 10x better for carshows if you lowered it until you fill the gaps in between your tires & fender.

- Now for a car like this, I'd definitely upgrade to the 06 Taillights/Headlights. You can also black these headlights out as well like what some members have already done.

- What spoiler will you be running? With your widebody, it looks like it's missing something back there. You want an aggressive spoiler but not one that will overpower the entire car.

- Still not feelin the front bumper for some reason but I like what you did to it with the paint scheme. I think I don't like it mainly due to how boxy it looks but as long as you like it...that's all that matters.

Overall, it's looking good though. GL with your project & keep us posted. Interested in what's under the hood as well

Last edited by GTNPU Z; 09-28-2006 at 12:10 PM.
Old 09-28-2006, 12:36 PM
Red Dragon

Nice wheels but car is what ever
Old 09-28-2006, 01:00 PM
groovin_350z
Sleeps in 350Z

nice car man
Old 09-28-2006, 04:15 PM
bbs350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice z, derfinately liking the gas cap. wut color is that 9paint code 2 please) im looking to repaint my car cuz its currently in the same shape urs was in. primered lol. car looks agressive.

suggestions --> more vroom vroom
Old 09-28-2006, 04:21 PM
NJDAN

It looks ok, I have seen better. LOL
Old 09-29-2006, 04:19 AM
HARRYPOTTER

hahaha...Dan....I know where you live you better be nice....lol

The paint is a VERY VERY high metalic paint code.... it is from the 2007 Toyota Camry, and the code is 1G3...alot of body shops might not have it yet, because it didn't register in the Computer at my shop, so I had to call BASF to find out what exact mix it was, but it might be ok now so....but the color is really really nice, and it works so well with Black or any other color....that's the reason I chose Gold rims...i'm not even a fan of Gold rims, but I knew it would look good with the paint colors.
Old 09-29-2006, 06:14 AM
S.E.

I can't belive people are talking messy about that thing. The only thing I saw was one of the things the respectful guy said, about the headlights. May as well switch them out to projectors or wahtever. Kit, wheels look incredible.
Old 09-29-2006, 06:30 AM
HARRYPOTTER

oh sorry didn't catch that Post...ok in response to your Post Mr. GTNPUZ:

I agree with Painting the inner part of the mirrors to match the Top...I painteed the mirrors themself, but you're right non-the-less.

The GT Badge has to be on the car...it may look stupid in Pictures, because I think it does look dumb in Pictures, but when you see the car in person it looks totally different.

The Wheels are Gorgeous, and the Offset is already an extreem Negative offset... but once again you are right...iForged got it as best they could as far as the measurements I gave them, so I have about 5mm of space...I'l just run 5mm Spacers in the front and the rear, and thet will correct the problem. ( I can do that since I have the Nismo Extended Studs.

As far as the Suspension goes...you are right I just use the stock to get around the shop, but I will be going with the Tein Drift Spec Setup in the future with Jic Links.

I will be running the DO-Luck Carbon Fiber Spoiler since it's SUPER wide, and Very Low (which is what I like).

I will not be upgrading the Headlights, because I already did Mat Black the inside, and the Bottom of the Head Light is carbonfiber...it looks really really good. The tail lights I will Upgrade (I agree to that).

You pointed out the one thing that I really didn't like about the Kit (The front Bumper) but I knew it had potential to look Great....So I tried this paint sheme to make it look a bit more "round"... it worked out really really good, and I'm pleased with how it came out...I really wish a lot of you could see the car in person.

Under the hood is the Turbonetics Single....and More

thanks for all your replies, and You suggestions have helped me improve my car. I likw what all of you had to say

Potter
BRS
Old 09-29-2006, 09:00 AM
NA350Z

So will you be coming out to the TSZ33 meets in LI with us again? ? ? We meet every Wednesday night. DONT HAVE TRAILER QUEEN ! ! !
Old 09-29-2006, 09:05 AM
Vamos_Rafael

interior pics?
Old 09-29-2006, 09:08 AM
HARRYPOTTER

YES!!!!....can't you see the TSZ33 Decal on the Window of my car?....lol.....I will be there in 2 weeks my friend....wait...Wednesday? ....that's freakin' crazy...I live in Bayonne N.J....by the time I get there through trffic....the meet is over....I guess I'll have to see you guys on the weekends...lol

My Bad
Old 09-29-2006, 09:09 AM
HARRYPOTTER

interior is Gutted....nothing to see, but I will do a little something to make it look nice
Old 09-29-2006, 09:54 AM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Wow! That's hot! Does that qualify you as a baller?
Old 09-29-2006, 10:00 AM
HARRYPOTTER

I'm def. up to PIMP STATUS, but i'm not quite a baller yet:

Groupie: Person that rides in your car and wishes he had one like it ( )
WannaBees: Person that has a Crossfire and thinks it's a Z
Stocker: Person that has a Z, but just likes to keep it factory tuned
Modder: An enthusiest with a light passion for cars
Tuner: An enthusiest with a heavier passion for cars
Pimp: (ME) A person who has heavy mods, and an extreeeem passion for cars and chicks
Baller: Just insane
Old 09-29-2006, 11:16 AM
synth19

what were you before, and how are you accomplishing this? Changing out the barrells? Are those iforged?

Originally Posted by HARRYPOTTER
Fat 6 inch lips coming up!!!!
Old 09-29-2006, 11:31 AM
HARRYPOTTER

huh?...I'm not changing anything....

You must be getting confused with the Racing Hart C4's that I had.....
yeah these are iforged...they are SUPER wide 19x12.5 the lip I had befor was only 3 inches...now my front is 5 and my rear is 6
Old 09-29-2006, 11:54 AM
CG 350Z

Yo Ed, what's goin on bro, this is Chris, Rhea's friend. We met a while ago during that summer bbq a while back. Anyway, i'm glad to see you got everything going now. Ya I remember when alot of people were talking about the wheels all the way in the fender and the prime paint, but I'm glad to see it that you got it all working out now. Ya bro we need you out there at our TSZ33 meets hehe. But if you can't make it on weekdays some TSZ33 guys meet in NJ near paramus. Hope to see you out there bro, and congrats on the hard work. Peace
Old 09-29-2006, 12:03 PM
Mazinger Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn, I don't care what other people say...that car is tight~ Great job Harry Pothead!