Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

New Seibon Hood and 30% Windshield Tint Pics - 56k Beware

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 05:21 AM
SweetDreamZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Seibon Hood and 30% Windshield Tint Pics - 56k Beware

Well, Finally got some pics snapped of the car w/ all the tint on and the new seibon hood installed. The hood will eventually be painted to match the car...w/ the vents left CF. But that will happen when the rest of the body kit comes in. She's a work in progress...but here's where she stands for now...

I was a little disappointed in the hoods fitment...but i'm gonna wait and see if the body shop can make it a lil better when they do my body kit...take a look above the wheel wells tho...by the headlights...the hood bulges above the lines of the fender...and it also comes up a bit short of lining up w/ the front bumper...we'll see how it turns out in the end...

Tell me what ya think...

Old 09-29-2006, 05:30 AM
SS728

nice! how much weight did you save doing that?
Old 09-29-2006, 05:31 AM
Zexy

... ehh......
Old 09-29-2006, 05:32 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZeetheBest
nice! how much weight did you save doing that?
You only save a few pounds over the stock hood, because the stock hood is so light.

SweetDreamz Thanks for your business. PM me and I can give you some pointers on the fitment.
Old 09-29-2006, 05:39 AM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I hope you are replacing the OEM wheels very soon. That hood looks completely out of place on an otherwise stock looking car.
Old 09-29-2006, 05:41 AM
Silkk

Would look hot with some gunmetal or diamond black wheels...
Old 09-29-2006, 05:44 AM
Dubai

looks nice. wheels should be next..!
Old 09-29-2006, 05:48 AM
savvy

thats a dark windshield...how is the visibility at night?
Old 09-29-2006, 05:52 AM
SweetDreamZ

Yeah...i have my eyes on the ever-popular Volk GTS wheels...see my Sig.

I think i'm gonna go Mercury Silver...w/ the aggressive 19x9.5 +17 and 19x10.5 +18 setup.

I've been saving up for them...but now i've got a new fantasy for the Z...someone on here spurred it on the other day...and i'm thinking of dumping the money i've saved for the wheels into a custom mod that no-one has done yet (i don't think)....here's a photoshop...that i've stolen, so thanks to whoever did it!!

I think that looks hot as hell!!! I'm not sure on this...maybe you all can help...is the windshield braced more strongly on the Roadster vs the Coupe? If not...then cutting portions of the roof out shouldn't adversely effect the strength of the windshield...which would be great. A local shop told me that they could do it for probably $1200 to $2k...depending on what they run into. To have a one-off Z...that'd be worth it to me. Plus...i've always loved Targa tops...and it fits the car great....don't worry...rims will still come tho...
Old 09-29-2006, 05:54 AM
SweetDreamZ

Originally Posted by savvy
thats a dark windshield...how is the visibility at night?

out of the front, surprisingly good. I have no problems seeing at night. Backing up can be a bit tricky w/ the windows up though. You pretty much have to know where you are going. Of course...this is an easy fix these days...since they have come out w/ the new-fangled crazy technology of.......Power windows....haha. roll it down...back up...and then roll it back up....and you are good to go
Old 09-29-2006, 05:54 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SweetDreamZ
Yeah...i have my eyes on the ever-popular Volk GTS wheels...see my Sig.

I think i'm gonna go Mercury Silver...w/ the aggressive 19x9.5 +17 and 19x10.5 +18 setup.

I've been saving up for them...but now i've got a new fantasy for the Z...someone on here spurred it on the other day...and i'm thinking of dumping the money i've saved for the wheels into a custom mod that no-one has done yet (i don't think)....here's a photoshop...that i've stolen, so thanks to whoever did it!!

I think that looks hot as hell!!! I'm not sure on this...maybe you all can help...is the windshield braced more strongly on the Roadster vs the Coupe? If not...then cutting portions of the roof out shouldn't adversely effect the strength of the windshield...which would be great. A local shop told me that they could do it for probably $1200 to $2k...depending on what they run into. To have a one-off Z...that'd be worth it to me. Plus...i've always loved Targa tops...and it fits the car great....don't worry...rims will still come tho...
I would do a roll-cage if your going to do a targa. You'd deffinetly be the first.
Old 09-29-2006, 05:58 AM
SweetDreamZ

Originally Posted by CarbonLTD
I would do a roll-cage if your going to do a targa. You'd deffinetly be the first.

Do you know about the windshield though? If i do a roll cage...i'll have them try to do it underneath the interior plastics...b/c i'm not a big fan of the visible roll cages. One of my main concerns at this point is whether or not the windshield can structurally handle having the roof removed....that'd suck to have a targa setup...and then one day the windshield collapses on me while i'm cruising down the highway!! haha....
Old 09-29-2006, 05:59 AM
davidf

Damn that targa's hot as hell.
Old 09-29-2006, 06:05 AM
THE TECH

Not bad. You can't expect aftermarket stuff to fit like stock though. For a bit of adjustment, you can loosen the upper fender bolts and try moving the fenders some to decrease the gap that you have.
Old 09-29-2006, 06:07 AM
SweetDreamZ

Originally Posted by THE TECH
Not bad. You can't expect aftermarket stuff to fit like stock though. For a bit of adjustment, you can loosen the upper fender bolts and try moving the fenders some to decrease the gap that you have.

that's not a bad idea...i bet that there is some play in there...can scoot them in a bit...hmmm, i'll try that this weekend...

Anyone have any ideas on how to get that slight bow in the hood out? If the center were 1/4" lower, it'd follow the fender lines and be a much better overall finish IMO. Initially i thought hood pins might help...but i think they will be too far forward to help that part of the hood flatten down a bit...
Old 09-29-2006, 06:11 AM
THE TECH

There probably isn't much that you can do about the bulge since that has more to do with the production of the hood. You can also try playing with the hinges on the hood. It is not uncommon to widen the holes on the hinges to make it fit better.