Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

Stance, Hotchkis, and More...

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 09:47 AM
seatown z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey skidmarq...nice drop on the z...i was wondering, i wanted to buy those same exact coilovers for my car...but i heard that coilovers have a really hard ride...how is the ride with the stance coilovers in...even if it is just a little stiffer than stock that's cool...but if its like gt car stiff, then i might go with a different setup...thanks for the info...
Old 10-02-2006, 09:50 AM
seatown z

Originally Posted by skidmarq
To answer some of the questions, so far the ride quality is a dream as far as coilovers go. Yes, you can tell that the ride is a bit stiff, but most times it feels just like OEM.
shoot damn never mind...maybe i should search the thread first... ...hahaha...thanks anyways...
Old 10-02-2006, 10:10 AM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks like pretty much the perfect amount of drop. (If the handling's also better, then more power to ya )

Very nice setup, and great pictures, It's rare to have a member take great pictures before and after an install like this.
Old 10-02-2006, 04:21 PM
skidmarq

Thanks for all the comments, guys. As mentioned before, it is a little tough to gauge the potential of these coilovers without pushing them to the limits at the track (kind of a before and after analysis). Next track session, I promise to deliver the play by play for all those interested in these coilovers.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:51 PM
skidmarq

Just wanted to give a quick update now that I've had the chance to do some "spirited" driving up on Skyline with various folks...

First off, the coilovers are a dream as far as daily drivability. I've taken three different co-workers up for a quick 20 minute drive and none of them could even complain. In fact, until I reminded them they were riding on coilovers they didn't even mention anything.

The handling on this thing is unreal (even though I'm stilon OEM wheels/rims). I still have negative camber in the rear and will need to get my SPL gear for the back correction but I really can't believe how fantastic this thing is, especially in mid-corner. It allows me to really maintain speed through the apex and corner exit is extremely fast because of this.

I am really itching to get new tires now because I'm still not confident enough to take it too the limits with these OEM ones....
Old 10-08-2006, 06:59 PM
axolotol81

skidmarq, the car looks great. I just recently got in my stillen sways and stance coilovers. Just out of curiosity, did your front coilovers have a long threaded screw sticking out of it? Its on a piece that is located between the top and bottom locking nuts. If you or anyone else can tell me what they're for that would be great. Thanks.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:34 PM
skidmarq

I don't recall anything like that, can you post a picture of that screw?
Old 10-09-2006, 08:52 AM
three_fitty

Originally Posted by axolotol81
skidmarq, the car looks great. I just recently got in my stillen sways and stance coilovers. Just out of curiosity, did your front coilovers have a long threaded screw sticking out of it? Its on a piece that is located between the top and bottom locking nuts. If you or anyone else can tell me what they're for that would be great. Thanks.
That screw would be for your brake line. Once you start the install, you will see how the oem one is fitted as well. Remeber to zip-tie your ABS lines too.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:17 AM
skidmarq

Oh, nice catch three fitty. I was reading that as if the screw he mentioned was on the Stance coilovers.

axolotol, check out my pics above to see how we zip tied the line to the aftermarket coilovers...
Old 10-09-2006, 10:07 AM
NiSmO D1X

The stance coilovers GR+, or just the regular stance coilovers?
Old 10-09-2006, 07:03 PM
axolotol81

Thanks three fitty. I was just wondering because I haven't seen them in any other pics of the stance coilovers. Also, last I heard that was pretty much the only thing that people were slightly unhappy with, the lack of a brake line holder. Thanks for your help guys.

Clint
Old 10-10-2006, 09:20 AM
three_fitty

Originally Posted by axolotol81
Thanks three fitty. I was just wondering because I haven't seen them in any other pics of the stance coilovers. Also, last I heard that was pretty much the only thing that people were slightly unhappy with, the lack of a brake line holder. Thanks for your help guys.

Clint
No problem. The other thing i'm unhappy about is the rear squeaks and rattles.

Looked them over several times, preload is set to zero, bolts are in correctly, so i'm starting to think its something with the pillowball mounts.