Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

First night photo shoot

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 11:20 AM
GlassCurtain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by leemik
longer shutter, lower ISO.. lower f-stop.. if he isn't using a tripod for night shooting he should get one.. or he could try some flash photography or better lighting..

Also if it's cold out, I notice that digital cameras just get a little more noisy naturally.. no way around that really.. you can also use some grain removal programs like neat image or noise ninja as a last resort.. If you could preserve the EXIF information in the pics it would help a lot too if you want someone to critique your pics..

Also tell him to clean his sensor or his lens.. The first two pics have what looks like some dirt on it which certainly doesn't help..

None of the pics looks particularly sharp either.. dunno if that's the "kit lens" he's using(which is usually not very good, especialy if it's the canon 18-55mm..again dunno if he's shooting with a canon DSLR) but he may want to look at a different lens or try different f-stop settings to find the sweet spot..

I know that's a lot but good luck LOL

--mike
Awesome!! Thanks for all the info. I'll post pics of our next photo shoot. The pics should definitely get better.

Originally Posted by Subrwho
Did it come tinted?
actually it's not tinted yet. That's just how it looks at night.