Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

Sneak Peek Pic of the car fresh out of the paint shop

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 01:53 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up Sneak Peek Pic of the car fresh out of the paint shop

Hey guys, well unfortunately I only have this one pic right now that I took with my cell phone since I forgot my camera in my friend's purse this past weekend. The CF hood, CF doors, and CF hatch are now painted with some small CF showing in small subtle places for those with a keen eye. Unfortunately, the painter forgot my instructions on what areas I wanted to leave unpainted on the doors, but what is done is done haha.

I couldn't complain as the time he completed the work in was phenomenal and considering he only painted the CF parts, he color matched it pretty dead on and in person it is very, very close which is hard to do without blending in the rear quarter panels, fenders, etc.

Soon to come will be pics with the ARC oil cooler installed as I finally got that thing in tonight, lowered some more on some 18" Work XD9's, and then after that some graphic work for SEMA.

Old 10-19-2006, 02:03 AM
abstrakt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As always, looking good. Def looking fwd to better pics so as to see the CF accents better
Old 10-19-2006, 02:04 AM
taurran

Wow, looks like a totally different car.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:09 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Originally Posted by abstrakt
As always, looking good. Def looking fwd to better pics so as to see the CF accents better
Thanks man I will definitely get pics up asap as I want to take shots of the suspension parts and oil cooler I installed to share with those that may decide to take the same route in the future

Originally Posted by taurran
Wow, looks like a totally different car.
LOL, yeah tell me about it! I'm really thinking of powdercoating the centers of my S1's after SEMA to compliment the new cleaner look more haha
Old 10-19-2006, 02:11 AM
Zincognito

Damn Rick, for a second there i didnt recognize your Z. How come you had it painted???

G
Old 10-19-2006, 02:19 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Originally Posted by Zincognito
Damn Rick, for a second there i didnt recognize your Z. How come you had it painted???

G
Just going a different direction with the car. I was never much in to the CF look or as I jokingly called it the "checker board" look. I'm more of the "clean look" type of guy, but sometimes sacrifices have to be made in order to stand out and I comprimised my own tastes with what worked for my sponsors. I'm excited to see my car almost all silver again haha
Old 10-19-2006, 02:21 AM
taurran

Originally Posted by Rickdogg
LOL, yeah tell me about it! I'm really thinking of powdercoating the centers of my S1's after SEMA to compliment the new cleaner look more haha
I think they look great black, then again I've always been a fan of wheels that contrast with the body color. Your new wheels for sema are silver, no?

I'm very interested in seeing how the car ultimately turns out. Make sure to get some good quality pictures when its done or else I'll be forced to when I get to SEMA.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:27 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Originally Posted by taurran
I think they look great black, then again I've always been a fan of wheels that contrast with the body color. Your new wheels for sema are silver, no?

I'm very interested in seeing how the car ultimately turns out. Make sure to get some good quality pictures when its done or else I'll be forced to when I get to SEMA.
Really? Hmmm, I think the black looks pretty good, but I think it can potentially look a little better with something else. However, I don't know what yet Yes, the wheels for SEMA will be plain jane silver, but you will flip out on the caliper clearance

Yeah, i'm excited as well and unfortunately I have to slap on graphics for sponsors and to make the car look a bit different from a stock CS z with a body kit and wheels haha. In regards to the pics, I will try my best but I am for certain not a "photographer" by any means and would love it if you took some shots as you are extremely talented in that department.

You have my number, so give me a call when you are out at SEMA and hopefully we can throw back a few
Old 10-19-2006, 02:49 AM
taurran

No doubt. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. I'm sure those S1's will look good in about any color imaginable. I guess for me it would also depend on what color graphics were going on the car.

Yeah, I'm sure there will be thousands of photographers at SEMA that put me to utter shame but I'll see if I can find some of those "JDM angles" while it's on display.

I almost forgot about the ARC oil cooler. That should be pretty wild. Just be prepared for the inevitable "what kind of turbo you got?" questions that will soon follow.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:06 AM
VenomZ

it looks really good!
Old 10-19-2006, 03:48 AM
Z1st-T

Looks nice,
Old 10-19-2006, 06:32 AM
05-Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude that looks a lot better IMO. I like the clean look. Can't wait to see the SEMA pics, maybe ya few more before the graphics are applied? What color is the roll bar?

I've considered powdercoating my S1's PPW, but worried about resale value.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:02 AM
jdm4eva

Originally Posted by Rickdogg
Hey guys, well unfortunately I only have this one pic right now that I took with my cell phone since I forgot my camera in my friend's purse this past weekend. The CF hood, CF doors, and CF hatch are now painted with some small CF showing in small subtle places for those with a keen eye. Unfortunately, the painter forgot my instructions on what areas I wanted to leave unpainted on the doors, but what is done is done haha.

I couldn't complain as the time he completed the work in was phenomenal and considering he only painted the CF parts, he color matched it pretty dead on and in person it is very, very close which is hard to do without blending in the rear quarter panels, fenders, etc.

Soon to come will be pics with the ARC oil cooler installed as I finally got that thing in tonight, lowered some more on some 18" Work XD9's, and then after that some graphic work for SEMA.

Rickdogg I've always like the style of your Z, very unique and straight up gangsta. Now that you gone back to almost all silver with carbon accents shows your versatility
Keep up the good work and see you @ SEMA. I'm the Marketing guy @ Vibrant Peformance. Take Care bro and looking forward to see the Z!
Old 10-19-2006, 07:03 AM
PumpedVA

yea I like it better now. I am also one for the clean look.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:05 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Much better cleaner look...very nice
Old 10-19-2006, 07:07 AM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Alberto
Much better cleaner look...very nice
agreed
Old 10-19-2006, 07:09 AM
smokedout350z

fuking sick *** ride
Old 10-19-2006, 07:36 AM
cwest350

car looks alot better with the clean look.

any plans for interior change now that you got a diff look goin?
Old 10-19-2006, 07:43 AM
Vertex350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice clean look... and original bodykit. Before production of course.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:43 AM
MyV6IsFast3r

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Where's the new wheels?

Quick Reply: Sneak Peek Pic of the car fresh out of the paint shop