Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

Worst Day of my life

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2003, 09:10 AM
Recon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Worst Day of my life

I figured i would share my pain with you guys. I purchased a 350Z Touring (Silverstone) the car had 7 miles on it when i left the dealership. That night i drove the car a decent ammount but not too much. During the night i kept waking up to make sure the car was there and that this was not a dream. The next day i woke up early to take my new baby out for a ride. As i cruised though a GREEN light some lady in a frigin Jeep slamed me in the front right passenger side and my car spun and my back hit into her. she was going about 35-40mph, and i was going about 10!!! MY frigin car had 39 MILES ON IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could not believe that this really happened to me. The dammage is $13,500!! I have been out of a car for 3 weeks and i have to wait another 3 weeks till i get it back. What sucks even more about this is the fact that i can not get a rental car because i am under 25 years old! Well i just wanted to share that with you and hopefully some of you will learn from me and WAIT A SECOND OR TWO AFTER THE LIGHT CHANGES GREEN!
Old 03-27-2003, 09:14 AM
mark_wilkins

Well, if you're physically OK and she's insured then it could have been a lot worse.

Don't worry, a good body shop can get your car to the point that you'll never be able to tell the difference.

Anyway, I've been there and I feel for you.

-- Mark
Old 03-27-2003, 09:25 AM
zeroday

That sucks. Sorry that happened. Not to get preachy on ya but if you are the first going into an intersection you should always look both ways before going through, even if it's a green light.

btw if that's the worse day of your life, you're a very very lucky guy.
Old 03-27-2003, 09:45 AM
Recon

Not the worst day....but it was up there. Also my reason for posting that is because i was going to follow up with pics from the accident. As soon as i get them scanned ill put them up.

Thanks guys
Recon
Old 03-27-2003, 02:15 PM
cotmfk

Man, that sucks! At least you are ok.
Old 03-28-2003, 05:56 PM
mikeyngo

I'm 21. I'm able to rent a rental car...

That over 25 age **** is just a rumor... I business travel also, and I also rent cars.
Old 03-28-2003, 06:28 PM
doc2be

I feel your pain, I was just in an accident today. I was in the left hand lane and some idiot in the right hand lane decided to turn left so he cut me off, hit some guy head on, and then his car slammed into mine.

Everyone seems to be OK and the idiot driver has insurance but I'm out of a car too, hopefully I can get a rental (I'm 22). My car's a different kind of Z (cavalier Z24) and I had 40,000 miles on it and it isn't totaled or anything so I definitely consider myself lucky.

I'm sorry it happened to you and such a beautiful car (my father will be getting his PPW track soon) but remember you have your health and eventually you'll get your car back, just make sure it's fixed properly.

Best regards, drive safe, and keep an eye out for the maniacs.
Old 03-29-2003, 12:34 AM
Butterfly20

Don't worry about it, at least you are O.K. My friend which had his car (silverstone Z) for only 4 days sideswiped another car who decided to be brave and cut through two lanes of TRAFFIC. He was only going about 10 miles same as you, and it didn't hurt any part of the engine, it was mainly the front bumper, the hood, and the front side panels, so basically the whole front was pushed in. His car was out of commission for a month, but it looks good.
Don't worry, be happy.
Old 03-29-2003, 05:01 PM
Recon

Hey i had the car for less than a day and i put less than 40 miles on it. I hope i can tell if it wasnt fixed properly! Also I cant get a rental, i had to make my mother get one and i use her car. I live in New Jersey so maybe its different here. Thanks for all of your replys and i will post when i get the pictures back.
Old 03-30-2003, 06:57 AM
cotmfk

Well, good luck with fixing it!
Old 04-01-2003, 01:17 PM
JonsilvZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about the accident. You people have to watch for any intersection. Even if the light is green, still have to be careful crossing over. The other day when I was driving to work. The car in front of me blew pass the red light. Not turning yellow but solid red! He was lucky there were no cars crossing. Wouldve been a big one!
Old 04-01-2003, 02:07 PM
jfive

sorry for your loss. i feel your pain. check on part avalability because my car has been down two months due to lackof parts
Old 04-02-2003, 04:08 AM
cotmfk

Originally posted by jfive
sorry for your loss. i feel your pain. check on part avalability because my car has been down two months due to lackof parts

Ouch.
Old 04-02-2003, 04:32 AM
Megatron

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Reacon,

I feel your pain. I just got my car back. Lady runs into the back of me, while i was making a right hand turn. That is not true, about a rental. I am 24 live in jersey, and i was able to rent a car, while mine was in the shop. I would look into this car rental situtation a little more. I think someone is pulling your leg.

"Unicron why do you torture me?"
Old 04-03-2003, 08:40 PM
dsutan

im 17, i got a rental car when someone smashed into my car. all you need is full coverage. all i had was liability, so i made it full just for the time i had the rental.
Old 04-03-2003, 09:03 PM
Recon

heh I guess the guy at the rental car place didn't want me to rent a car from them lolol I guess he heard that a 20 year old got a new car and cracked it up the next day. Everyone assumes its my fault because of my age and the fact that I have a sports car. Hey at least I didn't get a ticket lol. I talked to the people at the auto body place today they told me I have to wait at least another 2 weeks because they have to replace some suspension parts and they don't have them in, the car has been gone 5 weeks so far!! I just hope that it is fixed properly and I that I don't have any problems with it after. Learn from me and ALWAYS look twice before you proceed though an intersection!!!
Old 04-04-2003, 08:55 AM
cotmfk

Damn, 5 weeks... plus 2 weeks more... this car had better be PERFECT when you get it back!!!
Old 04-04-2003, 09:31 AM
BFG10

Recon, what body shop in NJ are you taking it to? Do they have expertise in doing work on high end cars? The last thing you want is to be able to tell that work has been done on it. Especially paint work.
Old 04-04-2003, 02:08 PM
Recon

The auto body is called Peotter- its behind Hilltop Chrysler in Summit NJ.
Old 04-04-2003, 03:16 PM
BFG10

I know where it is, I live nearby, but don't know much about them. I sure hope they're good. Let us know how it turns out.

Last edited by BFG10; 04-04-2003 at 03:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Worst Day of my life