Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

Built Greddy TT

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 07:46 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by del slw
comparing what a stock motor and built motor on the same boost levels is not ideal. the compression levels of the motor can have huge effects in power. this one did do right around 400 on 8psi
that link i posted was built motor.. he just has stock heads and stock cams
Old 07-09-2007, 07:51 AM
turbovr41991

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just read this other post. Did you know that my 16 - 17 PSI tune was on pump gas? Did you also read that the red one you are comparing mine to only made 484 whp on pump? The 560 whp was on C18.

As for my car... it was a budget build. I do not have any head work done. I do not have a sweet titanium exhaust or a set of time attack volks. My goal was to cut down the costs without giving up too much performance.

The exhaust is probably limiting me a little. It is the 2 1/2 borla true dual setup with ebay test pipes. I picked up open dumps for the wastegates to help out, but maybe that is not enough. Who knows? All I know is I am pretty happy with the car at 500whp. It is a nice reliable and streetable build.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:53 AM
turbovr41991

Originally Posted by 350Z_LEE
Lookin good Eric!
Thanks Lee. Can't wait to hear about your new setup!
Old 07-10-2007, 08:45 AM
doug

Originally Posted by turbovr41991
Just read this other post. Did you know that my 16 - 17 PSI tune was on pump gas? Did you also read that the red one you are comparing mine to only made 484 whp on pump? The 560 whp was on C18.

As for my car... it was a budget build. I do not have any head work done. I do not have a sweet titanium exhaust or a set of time attack volks. My goal was to cut down the costs without giving up too much performance.

The exhaust is probably limiting me a little. It is the 2 1/2 borla true dual setup with ebay test pipes. I picked up open dumps for the wastegates to help out, but maybe that is not enough. Who knows? All I know is I am pretty happy with the car at 500whp. It is a nice reliable and streetable build.
your exhaust is holdin you back alot.. its not the numbers i am watching... its the PSI its at with the numbers your turbo's are doing way too much work for that low a number... you should get a comparison DynoJet number just incase..

that car made 484 on Pump on a DynoDynamics, but made 560 on pump on a Dynojet
Old 07-10-2007, 03:31 PM
turbovr41991

Originally Posted by doug
that car made 484 on Pump on a DynoDynamics, but made 560 on pump on a Dynojet
If you are going to quote another post... Please do it correctly. I have changed the text to bold, red, and underlined to ensure you see it. As for the red car. Props to the owner. It sounds like a similar, but sweet setup!

Originally Posted by stormcrow
560whp in shootout mode on a DynoDynamics... C18 can truly change a beast into an outright monster...

the platform:

- built short block with eagle rods and arias ED pistons
- stock heads and cams
- UTEC
- 550cc injectors
- CJM stage 2 return fuel system
- CJM fuel rails
- Walbro pump
- Greddy twins (original kit, no upgrades)

after much adieu, i decided to try a race fuel map... 484whp (DD STD) was a blast, but of course, i wanted to try more... the result was 560whp and 570tq on DD STD... somehow, my car has become the "guinea pig" for a hybrid build... most not only build the short block, but have cams, valves and/or headwork done during the build... i opted to try and keep things as OEM as possible in the long block... granted this reduces power output, but i think we're getting a good idea of what can truly be done on the VQ without touching the heads in any fashion...

i have plans to have the car dynoed on a DynoJet come the 30th... i'm of the mindset that this will easily be a 600whp car on the DJ...

thanks, again, sharif for satiating my need for speed!
Old 07-11-2007, 02:05 AM
doug

if you are going to read the thread.. read the whole thread

https://my350z.com/forum/showpost.ph...1&postcount=58

Originally Posted by stormcrow
i took it to Top Speed in Alpharetta to put on their DJ, but they were total douches... i didn't get inside the door completely before they were asking me if i wanted to street race one of their clients... and then, of course, they had to start smearing my EMS and stating i should go with an AEM...how it was the best out...nothing better...blah, blah, blah...

when we finally got on the dyno, two of the pulls didn't get a proper tach signal and one showed 158rwhp with 203tq and the other showed 550rwhp with 1091tq! the final pull had a good tach signal because one of the guys who went with me was Devon from FP...(he wanted to get numbers on his Subie vs what he had on sharif's dyno)...and he was able to show them how to properly hook up the sensor... this pull did 561whp with 568tq...
what sux is that this was an uncorrected number and i had asked them to do an STD correction... it was around 95 degrees out and humidity was high... when i asked the lead douche (doug) to tell me the STD numbers, he just said "oh, about 585"...without going back out to the dyno to pull them up...

so, needless to say, i didn't get what i asked for with this dyno trip... i plan on doing it at a different place that actually has an idea about what they're doing on a dyno...
Old 07-11-2007, 08:41 AM
doug

I see he posted he was on C18.. i appologize for the confusion
Old 07-11-2007, 08:47 AM
turbovr41991

if you are going to read the thread.. read the whole thread

https://my350z.com/forum/showpost.ph...1&postcount=58
I did read the entire thread. I understood everything... But I went ahead and asked him what he was using for fuel. It was C18, not pump. He had a bad experience on the dyno-jet and did not make much more power...

So unless you have something of value to say in this thread, move on. Your unsupported opinions are not appreciated here.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:03 AM
doug

if you read my last post.. i appologized.. however i will leave your thread alone.. have a nice day
Old 07-11-2007, 09:08 AM
SweetDreamZ

Originally Posted by turbovr41991
I did read the entire thread. I understood everything... But I went ahead and asked him what he was using for fuel. It was C18, not pump. He had a bad experience on the dyno-jet and did not make much more power...

So unless you have something of value to say in this thread, move on. Your unsupported opinions are not appreciated here.

hmm...kicking out a member that has been on here forever...has a built motor himself...and probably has a wealth of knowledge about your original post...i guess i've heard of smarter moves...
Old 07-11-2007, 09:11 AM
doug

Originally Posted by SweetDreamZ
hmm...kicking out a member that has been on here forever...has a built motor himself...and probably has a wealth of knowledge about your original post...i guess i've heard of smarter moves...
no worries.. i think he took offense to my post as he assumed i was trying to put down his build and his car, when in actuallity i was trying to help figure out a way to open up some more power.. thats why when they said the Mustang Dyno reads low, i suggested a DJ comparison.. just to make sure.. its ok.. its his thread.. i understand posts on the net can seem to have a tone when they don't.. maybe how i worded things.. its ok.. I wish him all the best
Old 07-12-2007, 05:50 AM
turbovr41991

if you read my last post.. i appologized.. however i will leave your thread alone.. have a nice day
I obviously was posting while you wrote the previous post. Sorry to jump on your case so quickly. Most people are quick to flame on anothers setup.