Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

PICS after using Meguiar's NXT

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007 | 04:27 PM
Seel

Default PICS after using Meguiar's NXT

First I have to say that my camera isn't the greatest. I guess it's about time to upgrade. I picked up some Meguiar's NXT in the bottle last night. We're finally supposed to have some good weather for the next week and it was time to try this stuff out. I've seen a few people have really good results with it and of course it's Meguiar's so it's gotta be pretty good stuff. First I washed the car with Meguiar's car shampoo and air dried it with my leaf blower. I didn't use anything on the wheels or tires this time around as I basically just wanted to see what the Meguiar's was going to do. You can judge for yourself and I'll hold my opinion for the bottom of the post.

I'm slightly disappointed. With all of the great reviews it has gotten here I was expecting a little more. I've had the same results with a few other waxes. Now time will be the final judge to see how long it holds up. One last note: It does look like it has more depth in person. This camera blows...
Old 07-08-2007 | 04:33 PM
_NIZMO_

Originally Posted by Seel
air dried it with my leaf blower.
FAIL
Old 07-08-2007 | 04:36 PM
SuperBlack350z

white and silver are probably the hardest colors to see any type of gloss and wet looking paint. NXT is a good sealant though for a synthetic type wax. I'll take your word on it that it came out good. I can't tell from the pics.
Old 07-08-2007 | 04:37 PM
Seel

Originally Posted by _NIZMO_
FAIL
you have no idea what you're talking about. That's a proven way to dry your car without water spots nimrod. Some people just do it to there wheels some like to do it to most of the car and then clean up the rest with a terry cloth (ME). Retard..
Old 07-08-2007 | 04:38 PM
06r33z

FAIL
leaf blower??? wouldnt that be a great picture lol
BTW car looks good
Old 07-08-2007 | 04:39 PM
_NIZMO_

you have no idea what you're talking about. That's a proven way to dry your car without water spots nimrod. Some people just do it to there wheels some like to do it to most of the car and then clean up the rest with a terry cloth (ME). Retard..
Ive Got ***** of Steel
Old 07-08-2007 | 04:39 PM
evolved326

I fealt the same way you did after waxing my carbon silver. Not so great, nothing the regular miguires cant do. But, after a month, the car looks like it still has some depth to it so I think what you are paying for is the longevity.

How many coats did you put?
Old 07-08-2007 | 04:40 PM
Tom s Z

thats actually a good idea..i just use that silicone wiper and remove water spots witht the absorber...IMO you PASS not FAIL
Old 07-08-2007 | 04:40 PM
Seel

Originally Posted by evolved326
I fealt the same way you did after waxing my carbon silver. Not so great, nothing the regular miguires cant do. But, after a month, the car looks like it still has some depth to it so I think what you are paying for is the longevity.

How many coats did you put?
2 coats like I always do with any wax.
Old 07-08-2007 | 04:42 PM
SuperBlack350z

usually pros use leaf blowers to get water out of the crevices of the car so later when you drive, water don't fly everywhere and give more water spots.

The way you did it also is a correct method only if you leave a bit water on so you can wipe it down. Using leaf blower along will still leave water spots. I also use a leaf blower but not gas powered.
Old 07-08-2007 | 04:43 PM
Seel

Originally Posted by 06r33z
leaf blower??? wouldnt that be a great picture lol
BTW car looks good
Thanks!

I have to admit that when I first read about people doing it I had my reservations. I wouldn't do it any other way now though, especially the wheels. They need it more than anything...
Old 07-08-2007 | 04:45 PM
Seel

Originally Posted by SuperBlack350
usually pros use leaf blowers to get water out of the crevices of the car so later when you drive, water don't fly everywhere and give more water spots.

The way you did it also is a correct method only if you leave a bit water on so you can wipe it down. Using leaf blower along will still leave water spots. I also use a leaf blower but not gas powered.
Right, it's just to get the majority of the water off the car before wiping it down with a dry terry cloth. Same principle as driving around the block to get the water to run off.

Electric all the way...
Old 07-08-2007 | 05:03 PM
_NIZMO_

***** of Steel
Old 07-08-2007 | 05:29 PM
Vq.turbo.DremZ

What's wrong with the leaf blower method? You show no proof nizmo to say anything otherwise.
Old 07-08-2007 | 05:38 PM
ArCtM

FAIL
Dont spread your ignorance.

I use the leaf blower to dry my car enough so I just have to go over it once with a cotton towel. This method works great!!!
Old 07-08-2007 | 05:38 PM
_NIZMO_

Steel
Old 07-08-2007 | 05:42 PM
_NIZMO_

Hmmmm leaf blower=LAZY=Might as well drive on the freeway really fast to dry your car=When using a leaf blower, you run the risk of debris hitting your car and damaging your paint=FAIL
Old 07-08-2007 | 05:45 PM
Hashiriya

Car looks pretty clean from the pictures. I've never used a leaf blower, I use dry towels, and quick detailer and theres no water spots. Never used the nxt wax, I use the Gold class stuff, and love it.
Old 07-08-2007 | 06:00 PM
Seel

Hmmmm leaf blower=LAZY=Might as well drive on the freeway really fast to dry your car=When using a leaf blower, you run the risk of debris hitting your car and damaging your paint=FAIL

How the fuhk is debris going to get through the filter on the blower you IDIOT?
Old 07-08-2007 | 06:03 PM
Cozmo

he's talking about things in the air or on the ground getting kicked up from 80MPH air pushing it along right into your car. stupid method. get a towel for christ sakes

Quick Reply: PICS after using Meguiar's NXT