Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

Totalled 07' Z

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 06:12 AM
jmark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Take it to the track if you want to run those speeds. Try a well run HPDE.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:23 AM
mcurry5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

going 70 in a 55 zone or even 80-85 is definately not the same as going 150mph. Fast Kiwi, your logic is retarded.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:32 AM
sponsorsthisway

Can't begin to image what your insurance looks like!
Old 07-30-2007, 08:22 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by mcurry5
going 70 in a 55 zone or even 80-85 is definately not the same as going 150mph. Fast Kiwi, your logic is retarded.

NO YOUR logic is retarded.. speeding is speeding.. the limits were set to what the law makers felt would be the proper speed to control a car under normal conditions..

if i hit a brick wall at 150 mph i am not going to be any more dead than you hitting it at 90 mph

speeding is speeding.. you guys need to stop being effing hypocrites.

if you speed STFU
Old 07-30-2007, 08:34 AM
UGOTZ'D

Originally Posted by 2007-Z
There isn't a single person in the world who can say that they've never made a mistake.

JESUS CHRIST CAN!
Old 07-30-2007, 10:03 AM
mcurry5

Originally Posted by doug
NO YOUR logic is retarded.. speeding is speeding.. the limits were set to what the law makers felt would be the proper speed to control a car under normal conditions..

if i hit a brick wall at 150 mph i am not going to be any more dead than you hitting it at 90 mph

speeding is speeding.. you guys need to stop being effing hypocrites.

if you speed STFU
You are an idiot if you think going 150 is the same as going 80 on the freeway. I can control my vehicle just fine at 80 on the freeway and not even think twice about it. Going 150 on that same freeway however is just asking for trouble. You are a moron for thinking 150 is no different than 80mph. Speeding is speeding. Really???? So 35 in a 30mph zone is the same as 75 in a 30. cmon, give me a break. Get a life kid.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:05 AM
Rev

Some of you flamers need to check yourself. He messed up and he's aware of that mistake. He has had over 3 months to think on that mistake while you have only read a small version of the entire incident and only had a few minutes to reflect on it. How many of you can honestly say that you have never had your Z over 100 mph and that you never will? I'm willing to bet that almost none of you can say that. Someone also said something about stop-light racing. How does that mean he hasn't learned anything? Did he say he was going to race from a stop-light up to 100 mph? No. What's wrong with getting on your car all the way up to the posted speed limit? There's nothing illegal about that, and I do it all the time (sometimes right in front of the police).

He has also been driving for some time, he's 30, and this is his first accident. Even the greatest racecar drivers in the world have lost control of their vehicles at some point. When pushing the edge, how do you know where the edge is if you haven't been over it? You don't. So he's no novice to driving no matter what you say.

He said that he posted this thread to remind EVERYONE that anything can happen at any time. So he's trying to use this incident to show people what can happen when you get stupid on public roads. He's not gloating about it. He's not proud of it. His reaction to the flamers is completely normal for anyone, I'd react the same way if not worse. I'm not saying that he was right. But I am saying that your negative reactions are not constructive in any way and are only fueling chaos. I've seen threads in other forums from punks who wrecked at high speeds and thought it was cool. This guy didn't come off that way at all.

He didn't even have to post it. He also could have posted it and lied. He could have said he was going 80 mph and that some idiot hit him, like I'm sure some people did in other "wrecked Z" threads. At least he was honest about it.

I may be new to this forum, but I'm not new to life. While this guy may have messed up and could have hurt people, he didn't and I think he learned from it.

Edit: I'd also like to add that I've been browsing this forum for a while and have seen videos from other members posted on youtube. I'm not going to mention any names, but some of these videos show the respective members driving at speeds up to 150 mph and they are clearly on public roads. I don't see them getting flamed. What's up with that?

Last edited by Rev; 07-30-2007 at 10:32 AM.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:25 AM
sponsorsthisway

Old 07-30-2007, 10:32 AM
doug

You are an idiot if you think going 150 is the same as going 80 on the freeway. I can control my vehicle just fine at 80 on the freeway and not even think twice about it. Going 150 on that same freeway however is just asking for trouble. You are a moron for thinking 150 is no different than 80mph. Speeding is speeding. Really???? So 35 in a 30mph zone is the same as 75 in a 30. cmon, give me a break. Get a life kid.
before you call me a kid.. learn my age.. you're an idiot if you believe that speeding is not speeding.. so you can control your car at 80 mph.. mario andretti can control your car at 150 .. so does that mean that he is allowed to speed and you are not? get a grip .. speeding is speeding.. i never said there is nothing wrong with going 150 .. what i said was.. if you speed.. you have no leg to stand on to put down someone else who speeds.. no matter how great it is..
Old 07-30-2007, 11:39 AM
sponsorsthisway

Soooooo, how old are you? ..."kid" lol
Old 07-30-2007, 11:51 AM
stein

before you call me a kid.. learn my age.. you're an idiot if you believe that speeding is not speeding.. so you can control your car at 80 mph.. mario andretti can control your car at 150 .. so does that mean that he is allowed to speed and you are not? get a grip .. speeding is speeding.. i never said there is nothing wrong with going 150 .. what i said was.. if you speed.. you have no leg to stand on to put down someone else who speeds.. no matter how great it is..
Speeding is stupid but speeding almost 3x the limit is 3x as stupid!
Keep the high speeds @ the track and we'll all be better for it!
Old 07-30-2007, 12:05 PM
mcurry5

Are you serious ? Sure the car can be controlled going 150. What cant be controlled are the conditions of the road, other drivers, rocks, whatever. All those factors are magnified consdiderably going 150 mph. If you cant see that then you ARE an idiot. So going 80 on the freeway is a lot more safe than going 150 mph. You have more time to react to things that are out of your control going 80 as opposed to 150. But obviously you only see things in black and white I guess.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:07 PM
doug

Are you serious ? Sure the car can be controlled going 150. What cant be controlled are the conditions of the road, other drivers, rocks, whatever. All those factors are magnified consdiderably going 150 mph. If you cant see that then you ARE an idiot. So going 80 on the freeway is a lot more safe than going 150 mph. You have more time to react to things that are out of your control going 80 as opposed to 150. But obviously you only see things in black and white I guess.
obviously my point went over your head.. again.. if you speed you are being a hypocrite..

so you are telling me the highest you have been in your car is 80 mph?

better yet let me ask this.. whats the fastest you have gone on public roads? and please be honest
Old 07-30-2007, 12:07 PM
doug

Originally Posted by sponsorsthisway
Soooooo, how old are you? ..."kid" lol
i'll put it to you this way.. you can call my son a Kid
Old 07-30-2007, 12:09 PM
Jabdo233

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 07-30-2007, 12:18 PM
mcurry5

The fastest that I have been on public roads is 95 on a motorcycle in Montana where there is no speed limit. The fastest that I have been going where there is a speed limit is 85 in a 70 mph zone. That was a long time ago. I didnt buy the Z to go speeding around in public.

Your not being a hypocrite for telling someone thats going 150 mph they are an idiot. Your logic is saying that someone going 60 in a 55 zone cant critisize someone for going 150 ???? OKAYYYYYYY.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:41 PM
Rev

The fastest that I have been on public roads is 95 on a motorcycle in Montana where there is no speed limit. The fastest that I have been going where there is a speed limit is 85 in a 70 mph zone. That was a long time ago. I didnt buy the Z to go speeding around in public.

Your not being a hypocrite for telling someone thats going 150 mph they are an idiot. Your logic is saying that someone going 60 in a 55 zone cant critisize someone for going 150 ???? OKAYYYYYYY.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGcJRE5Fn1s

One of the board's more respected members going 150 mph on what's clearly a public road. Just look at the traffic he's passing. This video is even in his signature, which is how I found it. So it's okay for him since he hasn't reported an accident? What if he had "hit a small rock" while passing one of those cars and hit it, or had a blowout? Did you post a message calling him an idiot?
Old 07-30-2007, 12:58 PM
sponsorsthisway

i'll put it to you this way.. you can call my son a Kid
I was just messin with ya anyway. I didn't really matter to me.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:17 PM
doug

fastest you have been is 95 on a motorcycle? lol

ok so let me get this straight.. you bought a high performance sports car for what reason now? i am curious

the fastest i have been is 185 mph on a motorcycle and 160 mph in my Z
Old 07-30-2007, 04:20 PM
Get_Zwole

i hope everybody flaming this guy gets passed at 150 today .

Quick Reply: Totalled 07' Z