Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

Macro Car Shot Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 08:41 PM
leemik
!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I actually do have a macro lens... a Sigma 150mm f2.8 but I use it and my feet as a long "zoom" lens lol.. I think all my shots were with a 50mm lens as close as i could focus.. so not really macros but they look cool haha .. I really need to get my lens collection up to date.. I got so many gaps in the focal lengths

Originally Posted by Zilvia
btw g-unit where did u get that pimp *** Domo-Kun sticker
From my friends at jdmdecals.com.. they sent me a few of them .. I was going to give him a red mouth from another domokun sticker I have but keep the body gold..

--mike
Old 09-27-2007, 08:42 PM
Zilvia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank u sir.....

*types in address*
Old 09-27-2007, 08:57 PM
ctwentytwo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MagicPie
^^ your speaking to the choir man Its my job to know these things. This is why I dont come in here often, everyone wants to preach.

I was trying to make it simple, instead of complicated-- thus not helpful

Leica just gave me macro lens today to play with today, I'll shot some junk with it tomorrow
Not be nitpicky , but
If its a dSLR, then you have a macro mode to help aid, but you will need a external macro lens that screws into the normal lenes.
A dSLR does not have a macro mode that is normally present on automatic cameras... and an external macro lens does not screw on a normal lens. A "close-up" filter that screws on to the front of the lens can zoom closer though... I don't know if that's what you meant. Cool?

... goddamn camera is a tinkerer's dream... but tough on the pocket books.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:00 PM
Zilvia

omg......this hurts me....

i want DLSR bad....it sucks being broke *** college kid
Old 09-27-2007, 09:05 PM
turismo

nice looking pics
Old 09-27-2007, 09:07 PM
ctwentytwo

Originally Posted by g-unit9999
I actually do have a macro lens... a Sigma 150mm f2.8 but I use it and my feet as a long "zoom" lens lol.. I think all my shots were with a 50mm lens as close as i could focus.. so not really macros but they look cool haha .. I really need to get my lens collection up to date.. I got so many gaps in the focal lengths

From my friends at jdmdecals.com.. they sent me a few of them .. I was going to give him a red mouth from another domokun sticker I have but keep the body gold..

--mike
...that's what you was taking those long shots with... LOL... actually, I wasn't bagging on anybody that want's to post "close-up" shots even if it wasn't shot with a true macro. Some were just wondering what "macro" was, so I defined it... and the explanation given by MagicPie was technically not correct. But I don't want to crow on it too much, before the true camera gods strike their hand!

Mike, you might want to look at the 18-55 EFS IS and 55-250 EFS IS combo. Canon has posted the resolution charts, and it is pretty sharp. Plastic mounts though... but CHEAP. I'm gonna pick them up when they are available in October. The IS makes up for the smaller max apertures. I'd happily trade IS for f/2.8.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:13 PM
UHATEIT

now thats an awesome shot! Is that on the nismo rim?
Old 09-27-2007, 09:14 PM
Zilvia

well i have tried this before.....so here....

Old 09-27-2007, 09:14 PM
leemik
!

Originally Posted by ctwentytwo
A dSLR does not have a macro mode that is normally present on automatic cameras...
You should really check your manual before you nitpick someone else.. the 20D has a "closeup mode"..

it's the same "flower" that is depicted on Canon point & shoots..
http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/ca...camera-top.jpg

and so does the 40D...
http://www.ephotozine.com/images/rev...OS_40D_top.jpg

but i know what you mean.. it's probably as useless as the closeup mode on the P&S cameras..

--mike
Old 09-27-2007, 09:15 PM
MagicPie

This is why I hate coming to this section, I say one thing, and someone wants to go on and on about how am wrong, and give some pointless technical details to showoff.
I rather keep it simple so someone can at least learn a little more, instead being more confused.

I not claiming to be a camera god, but its my job, and I have camera manufacture sponsors that think I know a thing or two, I would like to agree
---
OK that was a over site on my part, I meant to say "to replace" rather then "into" regarding the macro lenes

as for the macro mode on dslr, indeed some cameras do have a macro mode, that resets and adjust certain characteristics of the camera, however it is not need, so I used the word "aid"
first one is from a olympus e-500
second one is a olympus E-1
Most others have it too, I have more cameras with that option, but they are in my car and I dont feel like getting them

Last edited by MagicPie; 09-27-2007 at 09:20 PM.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:24 PM
ctwentytwo

Originally Posted by g-unit9999
You should really check your manual before you nitpick someone else.. the 20D has a "closeup mode"..

it's the same "flower" that is depicted on Canon point & shoots..
http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/ca...camera-top.jpg

and so does the 40D...
http://www.ephotozine.com/images/rev...OS_40D_top.jpg

but i know what you mean.. it's probably as useless as the closeup mode on the P&S cameras..

--mike
Oh crap... LOL. Damn... I never go into any automatic mode. Wow, there's a fully auto mode too (Green rectangle) and a night mode... kidding on the night mode. Damn... LOL. WTF. LOL. Holy moly. God. I don't even know my camera. LOL.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:27 PM
leemik
!

Originally Posted by ctwentytwo
Oh crap... LOL. Damn... I never go into any automatic mode. Wow, there's a fully auto mode too (Green rectangle) and a night mode... kidding on the night mode. Damn... LOL. WTF. LOL. Holy moly. God. I don't even know my camera. LOL.
s'all good.. let's all group hug
Old 09-27-2007, 09:28 PM
Zilvia

okay camera gurus what are the diff btwn the MSAP settings. since my camera has those.......please help me
Old 09-27-2007, 09:30 PM
MagicPie

ctwentytwo, sorry if am a bit of a ***, just every time I post in this section, I got to hear some long winded crap, I dont care about. Gets annoying.

Anyways, you have some nice photos
Old 09-27-2007, 09:35 PM
Zilvia

well okay my camera does have macro setting but its kinda on the sucking side......
Old 09-27-2007, 09:35 PM
MagicPie

Originally Posted by Zilvia
okay camera gurus what are the diff btwn the MSAP settings. since my camera has those.......please help me
M-Full manual
S-shutter priority--youe adjust the shutter the camera takes care of the aperture
A- Aperture priority--the exact opposite you do aperture,camera does shutter
P- program-- a mix of full auto and full manual, camera chooses everything, but you can make changes, such as WB, flash, aperture, shutter,etc.etc.

I am sure you have a macro, buts its properly in the menu system, instead on the selector
Old 09-27-2007, 09:38 PM
Zilvia

yea its on the direction options buttons.....but it wont work very well...having alot of trouble holding focus.....i guess old technology or lack of being DSLR
Old 09-27-2007, 09:39 PM
MagicPie

you cant get too close in your case, try 5-6" away.
You'll have to zoom full out, otherwise you wont get focus lock
Old 09-27-2007, 09:42 PM
ctwentytwo

This is why I hate coming to this section, I say one thing, and someone wants to go on and on about how am wrong, and give some pointless technical details to showoff.
I rather keep it simple so someone can at least learn a little more, instead being more confused.

I not claiming to be a camera god, but its my job, and I have camera manufacture sponsors that think I know a thing or two, I would like to agree
---
OK that was a over site on my part, I meant to say "to replace" rather then "into" regarding the macro lenes

as for the macro mode on dslr, indeed some cameras do have a macro mode, that resets and adjust certain characteristics of the camera, however it is not need, so I used the word "aid"
first one is from a olympus e-500
second one is a olympus E-1
Most others have it too, I have more cameras with that option, but they are in my car and I dont feel like getting them
Hey look, lets just end this about the macro discussion... cool? Goddamn, I can't believe there's a macro mode on a DSLR. LOL..

I know you got into it with other members about SLR vs. Point and shoot so you may have some frustration. Some here just look a things differently from different perspectives. I apoligize if I came off as a tech snob, and seem to be claiming to be a photo wiz.

Just take some macros so you can showoff too. But really, it's not about showing off. I was just showing other perspectives of a car shot instead of all the same shots being taken. Why not just post pictures instead of judging me? That's why we have this media section, and why people come to this forum...to look at pictures. But if you read my posts, I always explain or willing to explain what I am learning. Photography is new to me, and this is my way to get out what I am trying to express with this new and exciting art. This macro world was just opened to me yesterday... I received the lens then, so I'm still stoked about it.

Take some pics tomorrow, and show how good that Leica German glass is. I really do empathize with you though, I know some come off as snobbish.

Last edited by ctwentytwo; 09-27-2007 at 09:44 PM.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:45 PM
MagicPie

^^ I agree, just ignore me next time, am bit cranky when its late

I also dont judge any photos, I dont have the right, and no one would care.
What makes me mad, I try to offer some useful suggestion or explanation very simply to noobs and someone comes in and gets all technical. Instead of debating what I said, they just disregard it with their buy expensive everything, there is only one way to do it BS.

I'll take some shots, but to be truthful I dont like taking car photos, plus am really a cinematographer not a photographer, I'll get my *** handed to me in a still photo showoff war

Last edited by MagicPie; 09-27-2007 at 09:52 PM.

Quick Reply: Macro Car Shot Thread