Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

Macro Car Shot Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 09:49 PM
ctwentytwo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UHATEIT

now thats an awesome shot! Is that on the nismo rim?
It's the Z emblem on the side of the car... that's the power of 1:1.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:57 PM
Zilvia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ctwentytwo
Post the macros of your car...

is that pic of JDM tail light.....
Old 09-27-2007, 09:57 PM
ctwentytwo

Originally Posted by MagicPie
^^ I agree, just ignore me next time, am bit cranky when its late

Instead of debating what I said, they just disregard it with their buy expensive everything, there is only one way to do it BS
Expense goes with the territory... unfortunately. Don't worry, I don't have $$$. I'm a cheap guy with an XTi.

But it should be said that a Point and Shoot lens will not be able to focus as close to what a 1:1 macro lens can. Those looking to get as close as I did will not be able to do it on a Point and shoot. That should simplify things.

What's messed up is that this thread now belongs in the photography section. Nobody goes there but me
Old 09-27-2007, 10:00 PM
MagicPie

Expense goes with the territory... unfortunately. Don't worry, I don't have $$$. I'm a cheap guy with an XTi.

But it should be said that a Point and Shoot lens will not be able to focus as close to what a 1:1 macro lens can. Those looking to get as close as I did will not be able to do it on a Point and shoot. That should simplify things.

What's messed up is that this thread now belongs in the photography section. Nobody goes there but me
wells theres no arguing with you there
XTi is a great camera, there really no reason for anything more
Old 09-27-2007, 10:03 PM
ctwentytwo

Originally Posted by Zilvia
is that pic of JDM tail light.....
Yes.

Dude, if you save up for a dSLR, you can even get some pretty cool Depth of field shots too (the amount of the plane that is in focus), that's exhibited by that shot. I can feel you are interested to take this itch further. But you may end up like me... inspired by alot of insane pictures some of the members have took. Now I'm broke. I'm modding my goddamn camera more than my car these days.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:05 PM
Zilvia

this thread is making me consider trading up my new rims and 300 bucks for D70 a guy is selling with some stuff

or maybe just sell my rims and buy a d40......
Old 09-27-2007, 10:09 PM
MagicPie

^^ wanna buy my Olympus? only 1 week old-1000 shots, 2 lenes
it will be up for sale, end of next week. I got two people interested, but its the first to pay. $550obo

I also have 2 other lenses for it but that will set you back $8K

bad news its a four-thirds camera, and variety of lenses is limited and very expensive.
good news, I like it better then my nikon and canon but its not to say its truly better

Last edited by MagicPie; 09-27-2007 at 10:11 PM.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:10 PM
Zilvia

idk id have to get a chance to hold one first and try it out........does it fit big hands...
Old 09-27-2007, 10:11 PM
ctwentytwo

wells theres no arguing with you there
XTi is a great camera, there really no reason for anything more
Now now... don't go there. Especially when trying to take these macros... the 40 or better just will make it easier... easier is faster... and sometimes you lose a shot because things just take so long.

For macros... 40D has a better and brighter viewfinder allowing you to focus way more easily. I'm finding out the XTi viewfinder is crap! 40D has live view to assist with focusing. The 40D will also AF better in low light situations, focusing on things the XTi will refuse to AF on. And it's machine gun like burst rate for action shots. I thought smaller was better with electronic gear, but I found out the hard way that a full size camera is much easier to handle. I could go on and on.

Most issues are luxuries, but again, if you take too long to do things... like AF, you can lose the shot (changing light conditions especially).
Old 09-27-2007, 10:14 PM
MagicPie

live view IMO is worthless for critical focus.
xti has a normal med size viewfinder, but if your shooting macro, it will be tough.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:15 PM
MagicPie

idk id have to get a chance to hold one first and try it out........does it fit big hands...
Olympus easily has the best ergonomics, the side grip is much larger then the canon or nikon, it comes at a price though--it doesnt have a top lcd status window. all info comes on the large 2.5" screen, its still a pain but worth it for large hands.

to be honest I wouldnt sell it to you, simply because its a expensive to buy lenses, and you'll be pissed off to find out, theres nothing less then $1K.

Go for a Nikon or Canon, there a lot more users and a lot more information on them to help noobs, plus the used lenes selection is large

Last edited by MagicPie; 09-27-2007 at 10:18 PM.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:16 PM
ctwentytwo

Jesus S. Christ. What do you do for a living? Is Olympus sending you stuff for review or are you paying for them? Wow. That german glass is not cheap. Sons a guns. Just wow.

And you have Canon and Nikon gear? Seriously, what do you do?
Old 09-27-2007, 10:16 PM
Zilvia

i hate the view finder on my point n shoot. its off center from the eye viewer so i can take a good shot, b.c its off. i hate it.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:19 PM
ctwentytwo

live view IMO is worthless for critical focus.
xti has a normal med size viewfinder, but if your shooting macro, it will be tough.
You might want to look into it, especially when hooked up to a PC. There are threads that are praising it's usefulness in critical focus situations... but this is the Canon Live View system with PC. I know Olympus has Live View, and you might have tried theirs.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:30 PM
MagicPie

Jesus S. Christ. What do you do for a living? Is Olympus sending you stuff for review or are you paying for them? Wow. That german glass is not cheap. Sons a guns. Just wow.

And you have Canon and Nikon gear? Seriously, what do you do?
well I used to do motion camera and still camera work freelance, for various news networks and magazines.
From that I got in good favor from at one point: Nikon, 4/3 system group, Panasonic, Canon, Leica, Pentax and Olympus.--not all at one time of course, they all compete, to have their cameras used in various fields

I just use what they offer, I really dont take sides, couldnt care less, in return I give some advice, nothing great, honestly

I get some cameras free, some I get at 70% below retail, some I can use for a few months then have to return.

I quit that about 3 years ago and in November I lose all sponsorships, so am milky all the free stuff I can get til then.

Now I do technical advisory on movies, but I partly quit that field too, I just trying to maintain my good name with Panasonic--they make the best movie cameras IMO

It sounds greater then it really is
Old 09-27-2007, 10:33 PM
Zilvia

can u try and milk out a D40 for me and sell to me cheap.......or something in that same price(i guess the olympus)
Old 09-27-2007, 10:33 PM
MagicPie

You might want to look into it, especially when hooked up to a PC. There are threads that are praising it's usefulness in critical focus situations... but this is the Canon Live View system with PC. I know Olympus has Live View, and you might have tried theirs.
ohh, live view with a PC is great, just makes sense, of course its very useful--havent tried it though.

I thought you where referring to live view in just the lcd screen, you know since lack of pixels and small screen, make focusing critically nearly impossible
Old 09-27-2007, 10:35 PM
MagicPie

can u try and milk out a D40 for me and sell to me cheap.......or something in that same price(i guess the olympus)
I have a D40, however a camera forum I visit, knows about my ordeal ending, and how am selling everything. Afraid I already have that one on hold for someone--as with nearly everything I got.

If theres a canon or nikon that doesnt sell, I'll let you know, but I've been shipping 5-6 boxes of camera gear a day for the last week, so things are going fast
Old 09-27-2007, 10:38 PM
Zilvia

dammit..............well if u happen to know anyone letting something go....LMK
Old 09-27-2007, 10:45 PM
MagicPie

dammit..............well if u happen to know anyone letting something go....LMK
well I got your d40 right here, if they guy doesnt pay, I'll let you know. I'll sell it cheap, am kinda of getting ripped off with my deals, but whats new

wanna a movie camera too?

Damn, sorry for screwing up your thread ctwentytwo, this is suppose to be about macro shots

Last edited by MagicPie; 09-27-2007 at 10:48 PM.

Quick Reply: Macro Car Shot Thread