Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

Ok who's got the most "JDM" looking Z on this forum?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 01:28 PM
Crom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This thread went to pot...If you like it...sport it....who cares what others think. Do you think japanese kids rave over the hottest corbeau seat or stillen exhaust cause its harder to get? It be funny if they did...
Attached Thumbnails Ok who's got the most "JDM" looking Z on this forum?-stw_100asl32fbk_rs_jdm.jpg  
Old 10-09-2007, 01:49 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Crom
This thread went to pot...If you like it...sport it....who cares what others think. Do you think japanese kids rave over the hottest corbeau seat or stillen exhaust cause its harder to get? It be funny if they did...
yes that is what their whole Spo Com thing is all about
Old 10-09-2007, 02:12 PM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

I'd participate, but my Z is mostly stock...
Old 10-10-2007, 01:20 AM
asianracerchick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ANYWAYS back to topic...here are some pics of a friend of mine (ctwentytwo)...enjoy!

Last edited by asianracerchick; 10-10-2007 at 01:25 AM.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:11 AM
GalvatronType_R

Refer to my sig.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:44 AM
groovin_350z
Sleeps in 350Z

rolling shot is sweet
Old 10-10-2007, 11:15 AM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by porschefan1013
We don't go calling things German Domestic Market. A manufacturer is a manufacturer, regardless of where they're from.
You have a point with "A manufacturer is a manufacturer..."

But the German tuner car camp isn't immune from this type of mentality.
I've seen friends and random kids slap some questionable things on their made-in-Mexico VW Jettas, and brag about how "euro" their car is.

They seek out only European based aftermarket products then make comments like, "Omigod that shiet is SOooooo Euuuuro!"

"YeeEeRO Son!!"

There is an over-enthusiastic subculture and abbreviation/ label for everything.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:38 AM
ttuberz
Banned

Originally Posted by 35oZephyR
You have a point with "A manufacturer is a manufacturer..."

But the German tuner car camp isn't immune from this type of mentality.
I've seen friends and random kids slap some questionable things on their made-in-Mexico VW Jettas, and brag about how "euro" their car is.

They seek out only European based aftermarket products then make comments like, "Omigod that shiet is SOooooo Euuuuro!"

"YeeEeRO Son!!"

There is an over-enthusiastic subculture and abbreviation/ label for everything.

Just because VW has a factory in Mexico doesn't mean the Jettas are mexican cars. The parts are still German design. If they were not, a jetta would be considered a Mexican car. We all know it is German. However, just as many seek out euro parts, we seek out JDM ones. It's all personal preference in the end.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:28 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ttuberz
Just because VW has a factory in Mexico doesn't mean the Jettas are mexican cars. The parts are still German design. If they were not, a jetta would be considered a Mexican car. We all know it is German. However, just as many seek out euro parts, we seek out JDM ones. It's all personal preference in the end.
Thanks for the clarification.
I just added that detail to illustrate the irony.

And I'm not against people being enthusiastic about certain car parts, fads or themes. I'm just pointing out that Japanese, German, Italian, American whatever...we all have our specialized sub-sub cultures.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:46 PM
ttuberz
Banned

Originally Posted by 35oZephyR
Thanks for the clarification.
I just added that detail to illustrate the irony.

And I'm not against people being enthusiastic about certain car parts, fads or themes. I'm just pointing out that Japanese, German, Italian, American whatever...we all have our specialized sub-sub cultures.
I had to say that because I own a VW GTI lol...But ya I definately agree with you on the different specialized sub-cultures. I don't see myself going to the VW forums and bashing "euro" parts. Some people have nothing better to do coming than come here and bash on JDM.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:05 PM
teh_ginger

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
It's a shame your opinions are so ill-conceived, yet you're so vocal about them

We don't care what BMW call parts in their "realm". People here don't mod their cars based on what BMW owners think or whether BMW owners get it. Most of us are CAR people here. We like what we like. For some, we prefer the JDM theme of doing things. Some people truly grasp what that is, some don't. I suspect fall into the latter, like many owners here, and think more is better. Less is more is the JDM mantra when it comes down to it. I am a BMW "guy" too to some extent (we race 2 of them). And believe me, I see some absolute DRECK when it comes to BMW "tooning". Do I troll their forums and comment? I've got better things to do with my time.

Perhaps before you make a comment about what a true JDM car is and what it embodies, you should ask someone to explain what the theory of JDM means. You don't understand it, and as such, you shouldn't be commenting on it. I wouldn't go to a BMW forum and start bashing the pics of cars people post. It's rude, and it's in poor taste.

Based on your past posts (in other threads), you come off as a very bitter person. It becomes obvious when you look at the adjectives you use in many of your other prothelitizations. Get yourself a tick tack, maybe a therapist or a yoga book, lighten up a bit, and just look at the pictures if you cant contribute anything worthwhile. It's supposed to be fun to mod and fun to share. If you can't contribute to the fun.......

Just my opinion.
Originally Posted by NA&CH
How did you know I have Asthma You really have nothing better to do. Maybe I should be offended by your kidish comments and ask for a ban?? Maybe that was a threat

Chris

I knew the delusionoids would have to wake up sooner or later. JDM Theory? You're kidding me right? It's not a philosophy or way of life...this isn't science...it's car modifying. In my book, you either have good taste or you don't. And I'm not bitter...I just like to voice my opinion every now and again. Keeps life a little more interesting when you say what's on your mind, know what I mean? Not a troll either...just had a fantastic test drive in a 2007 Z today. I think a NISMO or Grand Touring would be a very worthy successor to the M.

Last edited by teh_ginger; 10-10-2007 at 07:51 PM.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:33 AM
ttuberz
Banned

Originally Posted by porschefan1013
I knew the delusionoids would have to wake up sooner or later. JDM Theory? You're kidding me right? It's not a philosophy or way of life...this isn't science...it's car modifying. In my book, you either have good taste or you don't. And I'm not bitter...I just like to voice my opinion every now and again. Keeps life a little more interesting when you say what's on your mind, know what I mean? Not a troll either...just had a fantastic test drive in a 2007 Z today. I think a NISMO or Grand Touring would be a very worthy successor to the M.

Please man for crying out loud no one cares about your opinion. Just let it go and let this thread get back to what it was initially about.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:08 AM
NA&CH
General & Tech Senior Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by ttuberz
Please man for crying out loud no one cares about your opinion. Just let it go and let this thread get back to what it was initially about.
+1 for jDm I guess I need a Doctor or a psychologist...

Chris(saying whats on my mind keeping it intersting )
Old 10-11-2007, 11:18 AM
z33allme

Originally Posted by Ztune
Here mine,

What kinda intake pipe is this?
Old 10-11-2007, 11:20 AM
MethodRN
For Sale

That would be the Power House Amuse intake pipe
Old 10-11-2007, 11:22 AM
z33allme

Here I go ( Ce's time attack, Vertex, Border cf hood, & how can I forget my JDM air freshener HAHA j/k)

Last edited by z33allme; 01-10-2008 at 02:58 PM.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:23 AM
z33allme

Originally Posted by MethodRN
That would be the Power House Amuse intake pipe
Thank you!
Old 10-11-2007, 11:29 AM
asianracerchick

Originally Posted by z33allme
Here I go ( Ce's time attack, Vertex, Border fc hood, & how can I forget my JDM air freshener HAHA j/k)
where's the pics???
Old 10-11-2007, 11:42 AM
z33allme

Originally Posted by asianracerchick
where's the pics???
Working on that.. Hopefully get them up today after work!
Old 01-08-2008, 02:58 PM
kspec

anyone got more JDM pics? I liked the first 3 pages until someone messed up the thread with germans vs civics wearing acuvue contact lenszors piece of crap that make "noise" with mufflers... no posting for emo kids who are anti-jdm.

Quick Reply: Ok who's got the most "JDM" looking Z on this forum?