Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

Ok who's got the most "JDM" looking Z on this forum?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 09:14 AM
asianracerchick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Motormouth
none of the cars I have seen in this thread so far strike me as 'JDM' (not that there have been many entries since people keep babbling!)

they are all very US-tuner looking... it's just the execution of the parts that I base this off of. you can throw all the rarest parts you want at it, but it's the style you come out with. and I'm not just talking reversed graphics... lol
none of the cars in this thread is not JDM? are you kidding me...what about this Z:
now this is JDM...not no USDM no more...
Originally Posted by Ztune
Here mine,

Old 01-15-2008, 10:31 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn't call HRE JDM style.

Just cause it's RHD (or are the pics reversed or is it RHD?) does not mean it's JDM style in context of this conversation I think.

love the exhaust though
Old 04-02-2008, 06:44 AM
lixam

Its not "jdm" at all..Not bashing, nice car bro. But Like said in the post above somewhere. "JDM" parts dont make your car jdm/option/touge/drifter/etc. whatever style. Its how you use them, how you put them to work, how these parts "flow" with your car. And silver paint w/ black shiny rims isnt showing much jdm/option/touge/drifter/etc especially considering there HRE's. Seems like a nicely built car with attention to good parts, but not anything "jdm" or what not...
If you want a "jdm" looking z. Slam it with a nice rim offset (work,ssr,volk,enkei etc) and throw something unique that signifies and sets your car apart from the other ones. And that would be more "jdm" than most cars on this site. I cant tell you how many silver z's with black rims ive seen. Good work keep it up guys.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:26 AM
MethodRN
For Sale

Would this be more "JDM" then?

somewhat rare parts, brought together to perform on and off the streets, with attention to detail..... like reverse graphics on the driver side........

Application and adaptation of a Japanese style to a USDM vehicle.

Check out Ben Schaffer's "Redefining JDM" editorial in the Oct. 2006 issue of Modified Mag. "JDM is a mentality, an attitude, a culture, a desire, and a philosphy."
Old 04-02-2008, 09:19 AM
Curt941

but why reverse the graphics? What's the point? You can't read them now, wouldn't sponsors want their graphics to point the right direction?
Old 04-02-2008, 09:27 AM
MethodRN
For Sale

It's a style!!!!! Plus, it's not like the decals are completely unrecognizable.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:14 AM
invazn

Originally Posted by lixam
Its not "jdm" at all..Not bashing, nice car bro. But Like said in the post above somewhere. "JDM" parts dont make your car jdm/option/touge/drifter/etc. whatever style. Its how you use them, how you put them to work, how these parts "flow" with your car. And silver paint w/ black shiny rims isnt showing much jdm/option/touge/drifter/etc especially considering there HRE's. Seems like a nicely built car with attention to good parts, but not anything "jdm" or what not...
If you want a "jdm" looking z. Slam it with a nice rim offset (work,ssr,volk,enkei etc) and throw something unique that signifies and sets your car apart from the other ones. And that would be more "jdm" than most cars on this site. I cant tell you how many silver z's with black rims ive seen. Good work keep it up guys.
by definition, wouldnt the only qualification for a car to be modified to be "JDM" be that it's parts are sold in japan's domestic market?
Old 04-02-2008, 10:24 AM
DelayedZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by invazn
by definition, wouldnt the only qualification for a car to be modified to be "JDM" be that it's parts are sold in japan's domestic market?
Yes. And thats all it is, anyone who says otherwise is a shmuck and doesn't know what they're talking about, JDM is nothing special, it's a choice in parts that someone decided to follow. You could say it developed into a style, but the style is based purely on the fascination of getting parts that are sold in the japanese domestic market. I could care less where my parts are from so long as they do the job I want them to.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:27 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DelayedZ
Yes. And thats all it is, anyone who says otherwise is a shmuck and doesn't know what they're talking about, JDM is nothing special, it's a choice in parts that someone decided to follow. You could say it developed into a style, but the style is based purely on the fascination of getting parts that are sold in the japanese domestic market. I could care less where my parts are from so long as they do the job I want them to.
I'm sorry, what is your point?
Old 04-02-2008, 01:30 PM
DelayedZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Motormouth
I'm sorry, what is your point?

I could ask you the same thing...
Old 04-05-2008, 06:18 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DelayedZ

Perhaps that's just what it means to you...but that's not what it means to everyone else. The style is based in part on obtaining rare parts, but that is not the entire embodiment of the style. Someone could just as easily say that your particular choice is "nothing special" because it suits your needs/wants, but maybe it doesn't suit someone elses. So let's get off the whole "it's nothing special" kick - to some of us, it's got a meaning, and we try to stay true to that. To others, it's just not their thing....and that's fine too. You can do your thing, and let others do theirs.
Old 04-05-2008, 07:53 AM
cwest350

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
Perhaps that's just what it means to you...but that's not what it means to everyone else. The style is based in part on obtaining rare parts, but that is not the entire embodiment of the style. Someone could just as easily say that your particular choice is "nothing special" because it suits your needs/wants, but maybe it doesn't suit someone elses. So let's get off the whole "it's nothing special" kick - to some of us, it's got a meaning, and we try to stay true to that. To others, it's just not their thing....and that's fine too. You can do your thing, and let others do theirs.
exactly. well said
Old 04-05-2008, 08:20 AM
350 Rookie
Banned

Originally Posted by Curt941
but why reverse the graphics? What's the point? You can't read them now, wouldn't sponsors want their graphics to point the right direction?
Are you that mentally challenged that you can't read backwards.
Old 04-05-2008, 09:17 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Originally Posted by MethodRN
It's a style!!!!! Plus, it's not like the decals are completely unrecognizable.

i like it bro
Old 03-28-2009, 02:11 PM
Murfdizzle21

bump this thread up baby!!
Old 03-28-2009, 04:47 PM
TSG-Z

why?
Old 03-28-2009, 07:42 PM
2k6-z33

Originally Posted by TSG-Z
why?
Because we want more JDM y0...
Old 03-28-2009, 08:50 PM
urbanchaos

I got one of these. LOOK it says JDM right on it!!!

Old 03-28-2009, 10:34 PM
dj.kickz

I dunno if you guys are going to think mines very JDM but I was certainly trying to stay JDM with my part selection. I think when I get enough money to swap out the rims (volks or works if I can get meisters to fit over the project Mu's) and swap out the exhaust for amuse or ARC it'll be a lot more JDM.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:37 PM
solidsnake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^Nice ride man,needs spacers though.

Quick Reply: Ok who's got the most "JDM" looking Z on this forum?