Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

from RICE to NICE!.....my new look

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 07:26 AM
supra crazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OMG why? can you even see out of those lights and whats with the weak offset up front....Your black rear mud flaps also look odd....I must ask since your car went from "Rice to Nice" how did it look before you added the "black accents"
You brining your age up just seems stupid aswell
Old 10-29-2007, 07:35 AM
MI 35th
OGPremierMafia

Man this was a lil while ago.

My ride at 19

Multiple 1st place trophies.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:45 AM
MethodRN
For Sale

I think the problem is with the title of the thread. For you to claim "FROM RICE TO NICE" would imply you bought it from an 16 year old who used APC parts and you changed it back to stock.

As for you mods... ehhh

Weren't blacked out head lights something from the '90s or some domestic cars? Blacking out the housing is one thing, but the whole headlight just begs to be pulled over.

As for the CF 2 tone look, it would be cool, but right now w/ the mud flaps black and the CF hatch then the blacked out lights, your cars "looks" cheap cause it gives it that unfinished look. Almost civic w/ primer look.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:52 AM
CEO350Z
That's bad juju

quick fix is to paint the hood, top, mirrors and a pillars black to match it up somewhat.

the blacked out lights are tickets waiting to be written....
Old 10-29-2007, 08:52 AM
dkorr

Originally Posted by terrasmak
LOL , you cant say jack sh.... about his car being rice while your sporting a Fairlady Z badge.
... nothing rice about putting on an oem/jdm badge on a car that it was originally designated for
Old 10-29-2007, 09:06 AM
dkorr

Default if you really want to go RICE-TO-NICE

1. you should buy an 06 headlight housing and black it out, not the lens cover
2. get rid of the silver B-pillar
3. return to stock body-color mudflaps
4. return to stock hatch
5. do something about that black-out corner markers (corners too sharp)
6. fix the disparity between the front and rear offsets
7. replace INJEN plate bracket w/ NISMO or similar
8. lose the black-out tailights; replace w/ 06 LED ones
9. rims... matter of personal taste
Old 10-29-2007, 09:07 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by _NIZMO_
I think the title was misspelled, it should have read "from nice to rice"
Old 10-29-2007, 09:09 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like a good start. Keep up the good work

Jim
Old 10-29-2007, 10:41 AM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Zgrabin
well its a work i progress..i got the cf hatch because im looking to go with a cf 2tone..the hatch is off due slightly because i dont have the rubber triming on the inside..Also..my rear bumper is perfect..its the lighting that made it look off..o and Zeattle..im sure your car is nice..at 21 im sure my car will be where i want it..
I think it's not really the hatch that's throwing it off so much but rather the other pieces that others have said like your headlights, mudflaps, etc. I think if you have your thoughts set on building a car you might want to take some advice. Your title is misleading that's why you're getting the negative responses

Originally Posted by terrasmak
LOL , you cant say jack sh.... about his car being rice while your sporting a Fairlady Z badge.
I don't think I need to explain myself seeing how my fellow members have already did. If you truly understand the meaning behind FairladyZ you know it's a tribute to the Z cars and not something that a ricer would put on his car. If I was rice I'd put a GTR bage on it

Originally Posted by aloh
at least his paint matches.

Alvin's ride is sick. Dont hate.
Originally Posted by Z-INCOGNITO
That's not rice... that's JDM yo!!!
Originally Posted by gregtotheb
how is the fairlady z badge rice? i beg to differ. i smell hate, "hate, hate, hate."
Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
There's nothing wrong with a Fairlady Z badge. I'd like to see your car if you think that's rice.
Originally Posted by Nexx
if a one badge makes him rice so be it, but you sir have zero right to call anyone out on rice when you are sporting MB wheels from discount tire. you might want to consider all of Mr. Hyun's mods before you call him out like that.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:04 AM
project.dwnshft

ur skirts and rear dont even match the silver of ur car....were u in an accident or did u buy the car with these ****ed up mispainted parts???/
Old 10-29-2007, 11:13 AM
phreaktor
¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by project.dwnshft
ur skirts and rear dont even match the silver of ur car....were u in an accident or did u buy the car with these ****ed up mispainted parts???/

Damn the noobs are getting bolder every day around here.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:16 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I had no car at age 19 .. but then again i was living on my own at 19 so a bus pass was the best i could do
Old 10-29-2007, 11:24 AM
Zgrabin

Originally Posted by project.dwnshft

Are you a Fukcing idiot???????...you must be fukcing blind if you are gonna say the paint is mismatched on my sideskirts dumbass..theyre prefectly fine..The rear bumper is fine..the whole paint is matched up perfectly..if you are just gonna talk **** then just stfu cuz ur prolly some fat idiot sittin in ur moms basement
Old 10-29-2007, 11:25 AM
Zgrabin

Originally Posted by AlvinHuyN
I think it's not really the hatch that's throwing it off so much but rather the other pieces that others have said like your headlights, mudflaps, etc. I think if you have your thoughts set on building a car you might want to take some advice. Your title is misleading that's why you're getting the negative responses

I don't think I need to explain myself seeing how my fellow members have already did. If you truly understand the meaning behind FairladyZ you know it's a tribute to the Z cars and not something that a ricer would put on his car. If I was rice I'd put a GTR bage on it
isnt your car automatic?
Old 10-29-2007, 11:31 AM
by15vc

^^dammmnnn the anger! well what i'm guna say is your car is a work in progress and you learn from your mistakes. most people won't get it perfect the first time and i'm sure your end product would look fine. just keep experimenting and you'll find something that you'll like. oh and if you look past all the bashing you'll find some useful advice that you should probably take since the guys on here are pretty knowledgable

anyway how did this thread turn into a "i'm-guna-post-pics-of-my-car-at-19" thread
Old 10-29-2007, 11:35 AM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Zgrabin
isnt your car automatic?
Yeah and it's rice because?....Oh and you didn't refer back to your comment on my FairladyZ bage? lol If you're wondering if I can handle a manual, yes I can seeing how I used to daily drive an s2k for a while when I was in TX.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:40 AM
Russ@Z1

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

I don't like it, sorry.

The rear hatch looks are off. I probably wouldn't have pictured it until it was right.

Also, the headlights are too dark. The blacked out sections on the front bumper look bad along with the mud guards.

The wheels are okay, but don't seem like anything special compared to everything else on the car.

With more work, less coloring, and some time it will look good.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:41 AM
Zgrabin

Originally Posted by by15vc
^^dammmnnn the anger! well what i'm guna say is your car is a work in progress and you learn from your mistakes. most people won't get it perfect the first time and i'm sure your end product would look fine. just keep experimenting and you'll find something that you'll like. oh and if you look past all the bashing you'll find some useful advice that you should probably take since the guys on here are pretty knowledgable

anyway how did this thread turn into a "i'm-guna-post-pics-of-my-car-at-19" thread

it turned like that cuz i made a 19yr old comment..I know that people are bashing on me for having stuff..and i will definitely take care of those things..
Old 10-29-2007, 11:44 AM
Zgrabin

i am going to take off the mudflaps..i never really thought about them..as far as headlights..i know they are darker than **** and i have been looking at some use 06 headlights or 03-05 with black housing and clear strips..But ya thanks for the input
Old 10-29-2007, 11:45 AM
ral
Z-BIRU

Originally Posted by AlvinHuyN
Yeah and it's rice because?....Oh and you didn't refer back to your comment on my FairladyZ bage? lol If you're wondering if I can handle a manual, yes I can seeing how I used to daily drive an s2k for a while when I was in TX.
Yeah Alvin's car is not rice, it's really nice.

Quick Reply: from RICE to NICE!.....my new look