Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

from RICE to NICE!.....my new look

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 07:02 PM
_NIZMO_

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MUZZY
I dont care man ... I think your car looks good......

I will post my RICED OUT Z......... also has oil cooler... thats mega rice!

Old 10-29-2007, 07:17 PM
dkorr

Originally Posted by terrasmak
Swapping bumpers etc etc who cares, just like a body kit. But calling your car something else is just stupid. Sr20 swapped 240, guess what when its done its still just a 240 etc etc.
... but its not something else... its the same thing b/c JDM RHD Fairlady Z = USDM LHD 350Z... that's what i've always thought at least... i could be wrong
Old 10-29-2007, 07:37 PM
ohSIXz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

okay... opinions are cool. but since people with high post counts think they are superior......... new rule: your not allowed to flame somebody if you have less posts than the OP. seems to make sense the way all the threads go.

not messing with anyone btw.

everyone who posted on this thread should fly down to peenix (specially the 18 year olds with mods on a 30k car) and we should all get faded (maybe high if yer into that!) and be friends. <3

hahaha..
Old 10-29-2007, 07:38 PM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,446 Likes on 1,768 Posts

Originally Posted by dkorr
... but its not something else... its the same thing b/c JDM RHD Fairlady Z = USDM LHD 350Z... that's what i've always thought at least... i could be wrong
There's really only two differences... one's RHD and says "FairladyZ" on the hatch, the other is LHD and says "350Z" on the hatch. Other than that, it's the same car.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:58 PM
z350boy
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To the OP; let me offer some CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM:

IMHO here are some guidelines to modding a car:

(1) Envision what you want the car to look like Try to figure out what type of car you want; Fast & Furious (extreme bodykit,graphics, wheels etc), JGTC (track based), GT ( Gran touring style), wild custom etc and choose your mods based on this "master plan".
(2) Pick THREE COLORS for your color scheme Try to achieve balance in the cars look with your color theme. Don't use too much of one color, and keep the shading of your colors consistent (although you can play with shading if you do it right) .
(3) Be very selective in what you add to the car Plan out your mods BEFORE you spend ca$h. Avoid the "put as much crap on my car as possible" syndrome. Spend time researching what you want to mod and how it will fit with everything you have already done. Sometimes choosing one mod precludes you from adding another.
(4) Buy the best quality parts that you can afford. Once you decide what you are going to do, do it right the first time!!! Don't try to save cash with some lame ebay pos just so you can brag about your latest mod!!! Remember it costs MORE to redo something the second time around ( and don't forget the addiitonal labor costs!!!!!).
(5) Mods should improve performance,safety and/or style. Why waste your ca$h otherwise?? If a mod doesn't offer some improvement over stock DON'T DO IT!!!!!
(6) Everything should work together. IMO the object is to make the car the way you think it should have come from the factory

NOW TO ANALYZE YOUR CAR:

(A)Despite the pundits your headlight tints could work. Your first pic actually is a good start ( my only concern would be if the tint is so dark that it reduces your visibility..remember performance,safety and/or style). Using my guidelines on colors you are committing to Silver & Black so far. You need no more than one additional color. Maybe red or blue (right shade). You don't want to have too dramatic a color difference in your theme colors.(B) I have to agree with the consensus on the mud flaps. I would change them to body color, only because it draws attention away from the whole car and focuses it on the color contrast instead.
(C) Generally (IMHO) different color body panels is to gimmicky, BUT you actually have ideas that will look nice. I would suggest you do a C/F roof overlay or paint it black and add a C/F or black hood (as others have suggested), and even C/F B pillar overlays. In this case C/F would be a big part of your theme. You could carry this over to the interior with some C/F pieces "splashed" around ( armrests, door barrles etc). Then you will create a real two tone effect!!! If you remember my rule#3, you might agree that doing a two tone effect will mandate removal of the headlight tint (or a drastic lightening of the tint). If not it will disturb the color balance( too much black). Your third color would help offset this effect. Front bumper is fine; I wouldn't change it & the black accents are a nice touch.
(D) Wheels are a very personal choice so no comment there. You may want to consider changing the color to gunmetal or maybe silver to help neutralize the black (of the roof overlay, C/F hood & hatch etc) and maintain balance. If you got new wheels I would suggest more agressive offsets.

I hope this helps. I tried to be informative without being overbearing. Good luck with your project. can't wait to see it develope!!!!

Sorry for the long reply
Old 10-29-2007, 09:39 PM
bboypuertoroc

Damn... but makes perfect sense (although I'm a 2-color guy).
Old 10-29-2007, 10:11 PM
phorbo007

I hate the two-colored tone.

Also I bet most of you 19 year olds live at home and got the car for free from mom and pops. If you can't afford to tastefully mod your car, leave it stock.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:20 PM
bboypuertoroc

Oh, about the 2-tone Z above... I like it, but I never understand why most people that do 2-tone on their Z's never paint the top of the front fender to follow the line of the car (if you don't know what I mean, the portion between the hood and where the fender drops down to go towards wheel well... theres a perfect line there that leads all the way to the end of the hatch... perfect for 2-toning).
Old 10-29-2007, 10:27 PM
Zgrabin

Originally Posted by phorbo007

Also I bet most of you 19 year olds live at home and got the car for free from mom and pops. If you can't afford to tastefully mod your car, leave it stock.
I live in apartment with 3 of my friends..I pay for everything accept for college at ASU..leaving you car stock when not being able to TASTEFULLY mod someones car is just not logical..if one is into cars they will do what they can to moddify their car..so it doesnt make much sense if you are an enthusiast

I know there is hate between the elders and the youngins..
Old 10-29-2007, 10:31 PM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by phorbo007

1. Most is a good key word. I'll please exclude myself from this crowd, thank you

2. I agree completely. Someone told me this once and I'll always keep it in mind. "When in doubt, go OEM"
Old 10-29-2007, 10:42 PM
ALO8

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb

when u post the transformation of your car at least post pics of what it looked like before to compare duh!

https://my350z.com/forum/pacific/275925-selling-my-z.html
Old 10-29-2007, 10:46 PM
Zgrabin

Originally Posted by z350boy
To the OP; let me offer some CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM:

IMHO here are some guidelines to modding a car:

(1) Envision what you want the car to look like Try to figure out what type of car you want; Fast & Furious (extreme bodykit,graphics, wheels etc), JGTC (track based), GT ( Gran touring style), wild custom etc and choose your mods based on this "master plan".
(2) Pick THREE COLORS for your color scheme Try to achieve balance in the cars look with your color theme. Don't use too much of one color, and keep the shading of your colors consistent (although you can play with shading if you do it right) .
(3) Be very selective in what you add to the car Plan out your mods BEFORE you spend ca$h. Avoid the "put as much crap on my car as possible" syndrome. Spend time researching what you want to mod and how it will fit with everything you have already done. Sometimes choosing one mod precludes you from adding another.
(4) Buy the best quality parts that you can afford. Once you decide what you are going to do, do it right the first time!!! Don't try to save cash with some lame ebay pos just so you can brag about your latest mod!!! Remember it costs MORE to redo something the second time around ( and don't forget the addiitonal labor costs!!!!!).
(5) Mods should improve performance,safety and/or style. Why waste your ca$h otherwise?? If a mod doesn't offer some improvement over stock DON'T DO IT!!!!!
(6) Everything should work together. IMO the object is to make the car the way you think it should have come from the factory

NOW TO ANALYZE YOUR CAR:

(A)Despite the pundits your headlight tints could work. Your first pic actually is a good start ( my only concern would be if the tint is so dark that it reduces your visibility..remember performance,safety and/or style). Using my guidelines on colors you are committing to Silver & Black so far. You need no more than one additional color. Maybe red or blue (right shade). You don't want to have too dramatic a color difference in your theme colors.(B) I have to agree with the consensus on the mud flaps. I would change them to body color, only because it draws attention away from the whole car and focuses it on the color contrast instead.
(C) Generally (IMHO) different color body panels is to gimmicky, BUT you actually have ideas that will look nice. I would suggest you do a C/F roof overlay or paint it black and add a C/F or black hood (as others have suggested), and even C/F B pillar overlays. In this case C/F would be a big part of your theme. You could carry this over to the interior with some C/F pieces "splashed" around ( armrests, door barrles etc). Then you will create a real two tone effect!!! If you remember my rule#3, you might agree that doing a two tone effect will mandate removal of the headlight tint (or a drastic lightening of the tint). If not it will disturb the color balance( too much black). Your third color would help offset this effect. Front bumper is fine; I wouldn't change it & the black accents are a nice touch.
(D) Wheels are a very personal choice so no comment there. You may want to consider changing the color to gunmetal or maybe silver to help neutralize the black (of the roof overlay, C/F hood & hatch etc) and maintain balance. If you got new wheels I would suggest more agressive offsets.

I hope this helps. I tried to be informative without being overbearing. Good luck with your project. can't wait to see it develope!!!!

Sorry for the long reply

thank you for you input..that is the input i was looking at

1.)i see my car being equally balanced..aesthetics and power
2.)i picked silver and black..but i might have red accents like red lug nuts..maybe some red interior pieces
3.)i am doing a cf upper 2tone( a/b pillars,roof,hood,mirrors)..will get most likely a do-luck body kit..dont wanna go with cwest cf lip as ive seen plenty of ppl with that..i dont like common things,thats like the easy route out for a nice modded car
4.)i learned that awhile back
5.)The mods i have improve more than stock beside the headlights/tails..
6.) i know that the cf 2tone,do-luck kit, and my wheels look good..have seen something similar so im sure it will look flush..as far as my offset it is a +10 rear..front is about +15 i cant recall exactly

as far as the ones talking trash..i personally would like for you to post you car,since you are acting like you are mr bigshot and perfect..chances are it is to compensate for other things you lack in..in addition, for those that have thousands of posts..why are you acting like you are the wisest person?..im not directing that to everyone,but to the ones they know they feel that way..
Old 10-30-2007, 07:43 AM
_NIZMO_

Old 10-30-2007, 09:08 AM
ahero4eternity
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by AlvinHuyN
Uhm no! Being young is not an excuse for rice unfortunately
My thoughts exactly.

I'm 19 years old...and here's my ride.

- eyelids are hot
- full smoked headlights/taillights is rice - i consider something rice when it reduces the functionality of the modded piece
- wheels look weird since the front wheels are so tucked compared to the rears (mine are the same way, but only because of my negative camber. i plan to fix this with some 10mm spacers, though).
- mud guards - i wouldn't consider them rice, but they're definitely not something i would do

Originally Posted by Zgrabin
isnt your car automatic?
what does that have to do with anything?

Last edited by ahero4eternity; 10-30-2007 at 09:17 AM.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:38 AM
azula

Originally Posted by _NIZMO_
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N7p4mioawIA&rel=1&autoplay=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N7p4mioawIA&rel=1&autoplay=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

lol, that's hilarious!!!! tight *** beat though...
Old 10-30-2007, 10:06 AM
jinsei888

Originally Posted by _NIZMO_
I think the title was misspelled, it should have read "from nice to rice"
Ro_ja...yah man +1 on that remark!
Old 10-30-2007, 10:08 AM
jinsei888

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by MUZZY
I dont care man ... I think your car looks good......

I will post my RICED OUT Z......... also has oil cooler... thats mega rice!

that veilside kit is just awful...IMO
Old 10-30-2007, 12:31 PM
SupermanZ

Not bad. All I'm going to say is that the lights are not my taste. I do like the wheels. I do like the hatch. I do think with the carbon hatch that the B pillars should be black and the mud guards should match. Good luck with the rest of your build.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:41 PM
SupermanZ

Remember this: Is your car custom or is my350z custom.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:04 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by ahero4eternity
My thoughts exactly.

I'm 19 years old...and here's my ride.

:
thats one sexy *** G you got there sir

Quick Reply: from RICE to NICE!.....my new look