Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

from RICE to NICE!.....my new look

Old 11-02-2007, 04:24 PM
Zgrabin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks guys..ya the b pillar was kind of an accident type thing..a friend gave me his cf b pillars for free so i figured i would paint my stock b pillars since i had the cf ones on my car..then after i painted my b pillars silver...my friend wanted his cf pillars back which left me no choice but to put those on..

i should be finished with my cf 2tone set up by the end of this year..

i will drop my car after i roll my fenders and get smaller rears because i have 285/35s right now and they rub on turns..

i am going to get a new body kit(do-luck authentic if my friend sells or replica if he doesnt sell) so i find no need to waste money on painting my stock bumpers

thanks for the critics..and yes i know the whole "jigsaw paint" hahaha...come on guys atleast im not like that fukcin douche bag that claims his esprit kit is a rare veilside kit haha
Old 11-02-2007, 04:38 PM
c3 rolling

i think after a new kit or repaint you have a nice ride
Old 11-10-2007, 06:12 PM
ADMAN

Received 101 Likes on 67 Posts

I don't like silver cars...

LOL
Old 11-10-2007, 06:59 PM
z350boy
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by yoichi
Everyone who mods their cars never get it right the first time.
That is why people keep changing up their set-up until they are happy.
I can speak for my self as well. Everyone has their own opinion and you asked for opinions on a public forum. there will always be haters in any forums. People are narcissists when it comes to their own cars because its our pride and joy. Not everyone can afford top notch parts but again, why put crappy ebay parts on your car when you can save a little more for quality stuff.

So if you don't mind, let me tell you what I think.

1) Tailight overlays to me are not rice. It looks best on black cars
(One guy above mentioned that if its not functional its rice.....gimme a break...like you really feel the downforce on a nismo spoiler or you can really tell the differece on the fuctionality between a V2 Bumper and a stock.)I have aero parts on my car because it looks agressive.

2)Headlight overlays just don't look nice(to me)

3)Those mudflaps need to go or need to get painted

4)those reflectors look wierd cuz the bumper is also painted partially black.

Other than that, I might have potential.

Here is my car, feel free to criticize.

I actually like my tailights

Nothing to criticize her!! Your Z looks wicked!!
Old 11-10-2007, 07:08 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by reptile718
Do you have any before pics of your Z?

I don't think it looks that bad. I do agree with everyone else regarding the mud flaps and front blacked out headlights.

I got the rear 06 led tails professionally smoked. It was very minor though, I didn't like how bright the housing was compared to the 03's. Also have the AUT eyelids with the inside of the headlights done by Mr. Zipps, highly recommend.

Check it out!

Wish I had better pics but my Z is stuck in my driveway awaiting a new intake I traded with a member on here and has yet to arrive
im not a huge 2 tone fan you seem to have pulled it off. only thing im not feeling are the chrome door trim on the grille.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:04 PM
Gooey

Man I usually do not flame younger Z owners because I thought I was still 18-19 years old....Do any ofyou guys in mid-late 20's still feel like youre 18? I dont know Im going really off topic but its late and a 6pack in my stomach...not the muscle kind I cant believe im turnin 25 inless then 2months Now I cant really fit into this young 18-21 crowd anymore...

anyone want a beer?
Old 11-10-2007, 09:07 PM
_NIZMO_

Originally Posted by Gooey
Man I usually do not flame younger Z owners because I thought I was still 18-19 years old....Do any ofyou guys in mid-late 20's still feel like youre 18? I dont know Im going really off topic but its late and a 6pack in my stomach...not the muscle kind I cant believe im turnin 25 inless then 2months Now I cant really fit into this young 18-21 crowd anymore...

anyone want a beer?
kill yourself
Old 11-10-2007, 09:09 PM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,446 Likes on 1,768 Posts

Originally Posted by Gooey

anyone want a beer?
As long as you can still fit it in the 18-21 girls you're fine.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:18 AM
NextLevel

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
As long as you can still fit it in the 18-21 girls you're fine.

Classic.

I have a black roadster with everything tinted/overlay.
All windows (even the windshield) all tails(brake and turn/reverse), headlights, and reflectors. Only thing not tinted is the one brake light near the convertible top, I will get that done soon.

I will post pics if anyone wants to see.

I am prolly going to take the front ones off, with the tint on the windshield(not as dark as the side, just slightly) and overlays on the headlights (nothing like the silver cars darkness), the lights are to dim for me, you can see fine but the hid cutoff line is dulled alot. Rear is staying tinted, looks to good debadged, and all blacked out. You cant tell with the brake lights, or other lights being used. they are even done.

I will get the inside of the headlights done, probably a new aftermarket front bumper(since mine is already chipped up with only 5k miles.) and rims after winter. Will also get sideskirts and maybe a full rear. Then I will start the performance mods.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:50 AM
Changvi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, don't take this the wrong way, but your rear bumper's paint match is off by a huge margin. Your car would look cleaner with the removal of the painted b-pillars. Lastly, fix those dents on the front bumper. I'm sure your z will look nice when its complete.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:24 PM
Eric the Ricer
Banned

Originally Posted by Zgrabin
Well if thats the case then maybe i still need to work harder on making it look nice..but im sure my car looks better than you car did when you were 19
My car when I was 19 (still am)

My car when I was 18

And I noticed in your For Sale thread, your Z is an auto. Now why would you knock alvin for driving an auto, if you do?

Last edited by Eric the Ricer; 11-12-2007 at 03:29 PM.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:45 PM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by A1C Basinger
My car when I was 19 (still am)

My car when I was 18

And I noticed in your For Sale thread, your Z is an auto. Now why would you knock alvin for driving an auto, if you do?
Damn, pure PWNage right there Btw that vette is hawt!
Old 11-26-2007, 02:08 AM
bornNbred

well I'm not trying to be offensive, it looks like the reflectors in the front bumper are blacked out w electrical tape.Both the front and rear bumpers have to have been replaced at some point. I promise after years around the car business I've seen it before its obvious that the mix or color code was off when they were painted. "I would have bought the whole its the lighting thing" until I saw the second set of pics. I have no idea how you see at night with the lights tinted like they are and the tails would get you killed in TN, you'd be rear ended once a week. It seems you have a plan and I wish you the best of luck with it. I would just make sure you take whatever kit you do choose to a reputable body shop for fitment and proper paintmatching..
my car when I was 18

and my Z with my friend Chris' Mustang

be glad you've go the money to do things the way you want and like I said good luck
Old 11-26-2007, 06:00 PM
Zgrabin

ya ive got a plan for it and know when its finish it will look good..but as far as alvin,im sorry but it just seems you carry a mr tough guy stature on an "online" forum..ur cool..i drive an auto,but i know ive only been in this car modding scene for only a few months..ya i know how to drive a stick but didnt when i first bought it..and if you use to drive a stick before the Z..i know ur car is all show n no go(i like ur car) but why would you buy an auto?
Old 11-27-2007, 12:09 AM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ya ive got a plan for it and know when its finish it will look good..but as far as alvin,im sorry but it just seems you carry a mr tough guy stature on an "online" forum..ur cool..i drive an auto,but i know ive only been in this car modding scene for only a few months..ya i know how to drive a stick but didnt when i first bought it..and if you use to drive a stick before the Z..i know ur car is all show n no go(i like ur car) but why would you buy an auto?
LOL what?! Learn to break down your thoughts and use sentences man it's almost giving me a headache just reading your post.

I didn't buy the Z to mod it to tell you the truth. I bought it because I needed a fun car and wanted to get out of the modding world. Needed something to get from home to school, work, my girl's work, then back home...that calculated to be about 100+ miles per day in rush hour traffic. After I got my Z I ended up getting back to the modding scene - it was in my blood! I can't get rid of this illness haha. Anyway I got a free beater car from my mom - it's a POS but it was free and it runs so the Z ends up being the weekend car. I was going to trade her in for a manual couple months back during the summer but all the NW members convinced me to keep her - plus there was too much work, blood, sweats and love went into that car I couldn't bring to trade her in just for an extra peddle. In about 4-5 years I hope to buy an exotic and the Z will be my daily driver anyway.

I don't think I'm "Mr. tough guy" or anything like that. It's an online public forum. I'm not the only one who criticizes your car. If it looks bad, I'm not going to sugar coat it for you. Stop being a punk and try to put me down just because you want to feel better and then making up excuses like I'm 18, and this and that....That's childish and immature. No one cares if you're 18 and don't got money. They probly would have complimented you - since that's what you're looking for - if it was completely stock!

You even drive an AT and you're coming in accusing me? lol man I don't even give a **** if you drive a manual or an auto: an ******* is an ******* and though my car is an AT, I respect people on this forum and in turn I see that many shows the same courtesy for me.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:22 AM
jdm_g35

get a cf lip, slam it more and call it a day
Old 11-27-2007, 12:40 AM
TypeG

change it back to stock
look weird
Old 11-27-2007, 06:55 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

well yesterday i got some new additions to my car which were..

Ro_ja formula 7s in gunmetal

and a cf hatch..gimme some input guys for my next steps..im looking at do-luck replica front..greddy sides..ings nspec full rear bumper..cf 2tone

Gangster offset..wheels are 19x8 or 8.5(forgot) about +20 offset..rear is 19x10 +10 offset

nice man ..but loose the black splash guards
Old 11-27-2007, 11:45 AM
Zgrabin

already lost the splash guards =)..and alvin,i understand what you are saying..but i felt a bad vibe from you so i apologize..and as far as me being young,ya i know i made that stupid excuse and "i" dont have money but i sure can be given a ton load of money by just asking =)
Old 12-06-2007, 12:14 PM
Ruthless18x

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Weird...I live in Goodyear and I have never seen you driving around.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: from RICE to NICE!.....my new look