Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

a few pictures of my new diffuser

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008 | 06:47 AM
07pearlwhiteZ

Originally Posted by onebadfyvo
Thanx for sharing your pix. At last, you answered the burning question, "will this diffuser fit over HKS exhaust?" BTW, looks really nice!
haha, I was one of the guys in those threads asking about it. Just be warned ahead of time that it does require a little shaving of the exhaust tip openings to get it to fit over the HKS tips. But it doesn't run into the cans or anything else on the exhaust. Not too much shaving, but it barely doesn't fit over them on the top edge of the openings for the tips.
Old 05-09-2008 | 07:19 AM
Z33_kid

what site u get it from ?
Old 05-09-2008 | 07:50 AM
07pearlwhiteZ

Originally Posted by Z33_kid
what site u get it from ?
hrautoparts.com, but they've got a sale on them in the marketplace on here through the end of this month.
Old 05-28-2008 | 09:41 PM
peters350z

I think it looks really good, I like the color you painted it as well. I've been debating between this and the Top Secret piece. I just checked my driveway clearance at my house and the Top Secret piece will be a bit too close to hitting the curb for my liking. I think your pictures may have convinced me as to what I am going to do. I think I might get the Nismo sides also though.
Old 06-03-2008 | 05:38 AM
djblend

Looks good, nice choice of color.
Old 06-03-2008 | 06:23 AM
gregtotheb

i think it looks great, keep it up!
Old 06-03-2008 | 07:04 AM
robbycolli

Which of you geniuses (saberphx, Nexx or guitman32) did the wind tunnel testing on this diffuser in order to tell the OP that it has no functionality? If you all spent half as much time researching how diffusers actually work as you do running your mouths to belittle someone else’s post you may realize that an add on diffuser still diffuses the air flow under the car. OP’s diffuser is a functional diffuser because the flow of air passing under the car is altered or “diffused” as it flows across his diffuser.

Of all the brilliant minds that have come together to tell the OP that he should not call this a diffuser, my bet is that less than one of you has ever studied fluid dynamics or understands anything about it.

I am not claiming to have seen this diffuser studied in a wind tunnel but I am 100% sure that it would change the air flow off the back of the Z. Therefore it is a diffuser.

Sorry for the rant. I get so tired of punk a$$ posers on here trying to tear others down to make themselves feel better about their own pathetic lives. If you losers have nothing helpful to add, just lurk.

Last edited by robbycolli; 06-03-2008 at 07:26 AM.
Old 06-03-2008 | 07:04 AM
robbycolli

And I like the way it looks too.
Old 06-03-2008 | 11:27 AM
evil_tt
Banned

Sexy, i think it would probably look better with out the splash guards but thats just opinional
Old 06-03-2008 | 04:23 PM
07pearlwhiteZ

Originally Posted by robbycolli
Which of you geniuses (saberphx, Nexx or guitman32) did the wind tunnel testing on this diffuser in order to tell the OP that it has no functionality? If you all spent half as much time researching how diffusers actually work as you do running your mouths to belittle someone else’s post you may realize that an add on diffuser still diffuses the air flow under the car. OP’s diffuser is a functional diffuser because the flow of air passing under the car is altered or “diffused” as it flows across his diffuser.

Of all the brilliant minds that have come together to tell the OP that he should not call this a diffuser, my bet is that less than one of you has ever studied fluid dynamics or understands anything about it.

I am not claiming to have seen this diffuser studied in a wind tunnel but I am 100% sure that it would change the air flow off the back of the Z. Therefore it is a diffuser.

Sorry for the rant. I get so tired of punk a$$ posers on here trying to tear others down to make themselves feel better about their own pathetic lives. If you losers have nothing helpful to add, just lurk.

Haha, but if they didn't spend all their time belittling me and others, then how would their post counts get so high. Since we all know someone's post count is a clear measure of their knowledge.
Old 06-03-2008 | 05:30 PM
finalforce

I just copped me one today. Going to drop it off at the shop to paint it......can't wait to install my "diffuser"
Old 06-21-2008 | 02:38 PM
archspeed

Tell it like it is brotha!

OP, do what you want, it's your car bro! Personally I like it!
Old 08-01-2008 | 02:14 AM
WildWes

Leave the mud guards on. It looks great that it doesn't cover the HKS Catback Exhaust. Too expensive to hide.
Diffuser or not, it gives th S2Ks and RX8s a nicer view.
Old 08-01-2008 | 12:54 PM
kihun

Nawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Old 08-05-2008 | 01:45 AM
finalforce

Painted mine, was kind of skeptical about the new look but after installing there's no turning back, I love it! Turning more and more heads on the road with this diffuser
Old 08-05-2008 | 01:23 PM
Skillz911

Looks nice!
Old 08-05-2008 | 09:21 PM
spooze

it would look better in carbon fiber like mine.
Old 08-05-2008 | 09:56 PM
joe645733

Originally Posted by Nexx
but thats the point... if its not functional then its not a diffuser. its starting a thread like this: "Got my new bbk kit" then showing pics of the fake bbk plastic covers off ebay.
does it look like his car's a race car?

its obviously just for looks...
i know you're an internet legend, but his car will be ok.
Old 08-05-2008 | 10:23 PM
ALO8

They probably stayed at a holiday inn last night.
Old 08-05-2008 | 10:30 PM
Nexx

i honestly dont think anyone was belittling anyone. we simply pointed out the FACT that this part is not a diffuser. its like someone calling their veilside 1 front lip a diffuser without knowing better. i surely would want someone to correct me if i made that mistake.

we never said it sucked, or look horrible. its a stick on a body part that serves no purpose other than to make the car look better. nothing wrong with that. i'd like to see it with the nismo rear fins. a spoiler would help balance out the look as well.

Quick Reply: a few pictures of my new diffuser