Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

***buzzardmountain's new look......Gold LE37's +12 - Lot's of pics***

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008 | 07:14 AM
mdracer76
Banned

Originally Posted by itsjiggajames
The difference between the GT pictures posted and buzzards car is those GT cars are wind tunnel tested based upon a combination / variation of splitters, ride height, skirts / rear diffusers and underbody diffusers.. probally other factors like suspension settings / weight ballasts / ect ect.. then they are ran at the track and retuned to optimize lap times.. These wings that aren't tested and setup correctly on the street are strictly for, yup, Show. These are more for personal eye candy.. how many people actually get these to handle better? I am willing to bet the Gt500 wings are able to be adjusted depending on if the course is a high speed course / low speed course ect ect ect, you guys get the point. factors..

Not trying to diss on the car.. but the people posting and talking about function over form... righttttt. everyone wants wider front tires / square tire setups to reduce understeer, then there's mammoth wings coming to introduce more understeer..?

All part of modifying street cars.. like kits / stuff.. this isn't for function
Here is a tidbit of info.. The items on Robins car come from a company called C-West. C-west track tests ALL of their kits and wings. The same EXACT bumpers and GT Wings that they run on the track .. you can buy for the street. You don't need an engineer to come out and set up your aero... just take a few hot laps.. and adjust things till it feels right.

Robins car = perfect GT car execution for the street.
Old 05-27-2008 | 07:22 AM
mdracer76
Banned

Originally Posted by TripleD
Sure it my be functional but at what speeds does it really become functional? How often do you see those speeds? Wings are for race cars, and race cars do not drive on the street, have license plates, and VIN's. I tend to be a little embarrassed that I own a 350 when I see HOLY BATMAN wings like this one on 350's? Can't say I have ever seen a huge batman wing on a Ferrari or Lambo, thats because they are more classy.
I have seen large wings on lanbo's and ferrari's..

The new Gallardo.. factory original and unmodified

And you certainly wont see a wing on a Ferrari...
Old 05-27-2008 | 08:14 AM
zosomoso

Originally Posted by mdracer76
I have seen large wings on lanbo's and ferrari's..

The new Gallardo.. factory original and unmodified

And you certainly wont see a wing on a Ferrari...
i wouldnt describe the wing on the superleggera as a "large" wing its actually small and subtle mostly because the roofline of the car is very low so it doesnt need to sit any higher than it already does. and the second pic is of a F50gt which isnt a streetlegal car aka i dont think ferrari would ever release a road car with a wing that is really only necessary for the track. On the other hand porsche has (the gt3 RS) but that car is more or less intended for track use than as a daily driver, but then again that wing is not nearly as hardcore as some of the wings on our cars.

Last edited by zosomoso; 05-27-2008 at 01:01 PM.
Old 05-28-2008 | 05:52 AM
TripleD

Originally Posted by zosomoso
i wouldnt describe the wing on the superleggera as a "large" wing its actually small and subtle mostly because the roofline of the car is very low so it doesnt need to sit any higher than it already does. and the second pic is of a F50gt which isnt a streetlegal car aka i dont think ferrari would ever release a road car with a wing that is really only necessary for the track. On the other hand porsche has (the gt3 RS) but that car is more or less intended for track use than as a daily driver, but then again that wing is not nearly as hardcore as some of the wings on our cars.

Thank you, all i was saying is that you won't see a Ferrai or Lambo that is street driven, with a big *** BATMAN wing. To each his own.
Old 05-28-2008 | 06:21 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Originally Posted by TripleD
Thank you, all i was saying is that you won't see a Ferrai or Lambo that is street driven, with a big *** BATMAN wing. To each his own.

That is because most Ferrari owners are rich jerk offs who don't know a damn thing about what they are driving, but that it cost more then the car next to theirs.

Why are we even comparing a 350z to a Ferrari? Because he has a spoiler?
Old 05-28-2008 | 06:26 AM
SlideFox

Ferrari with "Big" wing.

Old 05-28-2008 | 06:27 AM
blasian

^^^ricers
Old 05-28-2008 | 06:32 AM
zosomoso

hahaha oooooo i do love the imola f360 though (Black one pictured)

Last edited by zosomoso; 05-28-2008 at 06:39 AM.
Old 05-28-2008 | 06:38 AM
zosomoso

Originally Posted by Jim@Showstoppers
That is because most Ferrari owners are rich jerk offs who don't know a damn thing about what they are driving, but that it cost more then the car next to theirs.

Why are we even comparing a 350z to a Ferrari? Because he has a spoiler?
Or, and stay with me here, maaaybe its because aesthetically most people that buy those kind of cars do not like the look.

Last edited by zosomoso; 05-28-2008 at 07:15 AM.
Old 05-28-2008 | 09:38 AM
saberphx

Originally Posted by zosomoso
Or, and stay with me here, maaaybe its because aesthetically most people that buy those kind of cars do not like the look.
OR, and stay with me here, maaaybe its because 99% of ferrari owners like to keep their car 100% stock so it doesn't loose value, or think that their car is godly and needs no mods, or are totally satisfied with how the car comes factory. (regardless of performance, or in some people's eyes, aesthetics.)

http://www.autovideoblog.it/img/vide...ilverstone.jpg

We all understand some people (not directed at just one person) don't like wings on street cars, maybe they should go make a thread on it instead of polluting this guys picture thread with their worthless opinions.
Old 05-28-2008 | 03:55 PM
groovin_350z
Sleeps in 350Z
Premier Member

friggin sweet
Old 06-09-2008 | 02:57 PM
Encore

Nice to see you had time yo put your pics up, but not e-mail me mine. Lets not even get me started on gutters. Maybe I could use your SB as a roof and not even use gutters.
Old 06-13-2008 | 08:50 PM
JSpec350GT

Default Bump this rice thread

I found your teammate for OT...lol

Must be functional somehow...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vD-WPjKTLzM
Old 06-15-2008 | 03:25 PM
Ruthless18x

Car looks gorgeous
Old 06-15-2008 | 03:35 PM
failsafe306

Very sick car man
Old 06-15-2008 | 05:44 PM
henry j

sickkkkkkkkkkkkk. you bastard
Old 06-16-2008 | 06:21 AM
buzzardmountain

Originally Posted by JSpec350GT
I found your teammate for OT...lol

Must be functional somehow...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vD-WPjKTLzM
You should really go see a physician and get your condition properly diagnosed........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penis_envy

Old 06-16-2008 | 05:49 PM
tgscordv6

super hot
Old 06-20-2008 | 06:30 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

congrats are well deserved Robin....for building the car YOU wanted, and not compromising on the things you wanted to do!

now everyone else can take their hard earned $ and go build the car they want....that is the beauty of modding! Everyone has a different idea of what "cool" is. Some here thing Emo music is cool...Robin thinks NIN is cool (Robin is right btw ) Some think a NISMO V1 wing is cool, others think a rare GT wing is cool, and others prefer a plain stock Z - nothing wrong with any of those. When you mod the car for you, you get what you want. When you mod the car based on what everyone else thinks, you get a car that looks like.......yep, everyone else's (insert yawn here)
Old 06-23-2008 | 06:07 AM
buzzardmountain

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
congrats are well deserved Robin....for building the car YOU wanted, and not compromising on the things you wanted to do!

now everyone else can take their hard earned $ and go build the car they want....that is the beauty of modding! Everyone has a different idea of what "cool" is. Some here thing Emo music is cool...Robin thinks NIN is cool (Robin is right btw ) Some think a NISMO V1 wing is cool, others think a rare GT wing is cool, and others prefer a plain stock Z - nothing wrong with any of those. When you mod the car for you, you get what you want. When you mod the car based on what everyone else thinks, you get a car that looks like.......yep, everyone else's (insert yawn here)
Adam....I should've let you reply for me instead of my numerous posts........you've taken my many responses and articulated them in one short post......

Thanks.......

Quick Reply: ***buzzardmountain's new look......Gold LE37's +12 - Lot's of pics***