Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

***buzzardmountain's new look......Gold LE37's +12 - Lot's of pics***

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008 | 07:45 AM
ExtaZ33

Haha! Yea this shiz is functional for sure.

Old 05-23-2008 | 07:48 AM
buzzardmountain

And after all that work......you still have a Mr 2 in the end......

(Chad will appreciate that reference...)
Old 05-23-2008 | 10:00 AM
TripleD

Sure it my be functional but at what speeds does it really become functional? How often do you see those speeds? Wings are for race cars, and race cars do not drive on the street, have license plates, and VIN's. I tend to be a little embarrassed that I own a 350 when I see HOLY BATMAN wings like this one on 350's? Can't say I have ever seen a huge batman wing on a Ferrari or Lambo, thats because they are more classy.

Last edited by TripleD; 05-23-2008 at 10:02 AM.
Old 05-23-2008 | 10:15 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

geesus there are alot of idiots on these forums.

Nobody gives two ***** if any of you like his wing or not. Robin's car is 100x better then 95% of the cars on this site and 100% better then those bashing it. Keep up the good work !

Jim
Old 05-23-2008 | 10:19 AM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

"Love your haters. They're your biggest fans!" - Kanye West
Old 05-23-2008 | 10:28 AM
ginobetterfly

Originally Posted by TripleD
Sure it my be functional but at what speeds does it really become functional? How often do you see those speeds? Wings are for race cars, and race cars do not drive on the street, have license plates, and VIN's. I tend to be a little embarrassed that I own a 350 when I see HOLY BATMAN wings like this one on 350's? Can't say I have ever seen a huge batman wing on a Ferrari or Lambo, thats because they are more classy.
i agree with the bold... and yeah if buzzards car is not a track car (i assumed it was) and the wing is just for show then yeah thats... well to each his own...

but if he does track the car and gets to those speeds (im guessing 120+ mph is where the wing would become functional) than yeah i can see the need for the huge wing... one example of where the wing would come in handy is the Roval at the California Speedway...

oh and here's a lambo with a wing: http://www.rsportscars.com/lamborghi...y/photo-16122/
Old 05-23-2008 | 10:36 AM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

FYI, you don't need to get up the 120+ MPH to feel the down-force of these wings. My wing is adjustable and I can feel the down-force at even 65+ MPH. Like everyone says, to each their own.
Old 05-23-2008 | 10:55 AM
Brick-Z

Originally Posted by itsjiggajames
The difference between the GT pictures posted and buzzards car is those GT cars are wind tunnel tested based upon a combination / variation of splitters, ride height, skirts / rear diffusers and underbody diffusers.. probally other factors like suspension settings / weight ballasts / ect ect.. then they are ran at the track and retuned to optimize lap times.. These wings that aren't tested and setup correctly on the street are strictly for, yup, Show. These are more for personal eye candy.. how many people actually get these to handle better? I am willing to bet the Gt500 wings are able to be adjusted depending on if the course is a high speed course / low speed course ect ect ect, you guys get the point. factors..

All part of modifying street cars.. like kits / stuff.. this isn't for function
This man knows what he is talking about. Beautiful car nonetheless.
Old 05-23-2008 | 10:58 AM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by Brick-Z
This man knows what he is talking about. Beautiful car nonetheless.
All C-West aero products are wind tunnel tested as well.
Old 05-23-2008 | 11:01 AM
blasian

Originally Posted by Jim@Showstoppers
geesus there are alot of idiots on these forums.
Yeah... could be the same guys that said 350KW on a DynoDynamics is low for a GT-R
Old 05-23-2008 | 11:03 AM
itsjiggajames

Originally Posted by Andy@Performance
All C-West aero products are wind tunnel tested as well.
Again, i'm not talkin **** upon his car. I'm just saying the people claiming it is function over show is bullsh1t... these wings you guys bought are not for a performance benefit. I know cwest is aero tested.. and ingz, and nismo, ect ect ect.it is a combination of the factors i listed in my post before. Whether it actually helps in terms of handling is a different story. Too much downforce in the rear = more understeer.. not what most people on this forum want. You need to find a happy median between your kit / ride height ect ect ect again. BTW it isn't difficult to create downforce using a wing.. angle that b1tch at a 45degree angle and you will be generating a LOT of weight on the rear at an exponential rate as a function of speed.. most wings start making a difference at 100-120kph..

I could start a thread on a homemade wing that generates downforce, using a piece of plywood stuck to my rear end angled at 45 degrees.. but that would be ugly as ****. LOL

Show > Function in this thread.

Last edited by itsjiggajames; 05-23-2008 at 11:09 AM.
Old 05-23-2008 | 11:25 AM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Again, i'm not talkin **** upon his car. I'm just saying the people claiming it is function over show is bullsh1t... these wings you guys bought are not for a performance benefit. I know cwest is aero tested.. and ingz, and nismo, ect ect ect.it is a combination of the factors i listed in my post before. Whether it actually helps in terms of handling is a different story. Too much downforce in the rear = more understeer.. not what most people on this forum want. You need to find a happy median between your kit / ride height ect ect ect again. BTW it isn't difficult to create downforce using a wing.. angle that b1tch at a 45degree angle and you will be generating a LOT of weight on the rear at an exponential rate as a function of speed.. most wings start making a difference at 100-120kph..

I could start a thread on a homemade wing that generates downforce, using a piece of plywood stuck to my rear end angled at 45 degrees.. but that would be ugly as ****. LOL

Show > Function in this thread.
So are you just trying to point out that Robin uses his car for more show purpose than function? Obviously, the aero kit itself was developed for function and track use, what the end-user wants to use it for is at their own discretion.

If you're not the type of enthusiast that cares about styling than I can understand your opinion. I, for one, would never run a long nose aero kit on my car without a GT wing. So according to your theory, that makes me the biggest ricer on this forum.

FLAME AWAY!

Old 05-23-2008 | 11:34 AM
SlideFox

Sick Andy..... Sick!
Old 05-23-2008 | 11:38 AM
itsjiggajames

So are you just trying to point out that Robin uses his car for more show purpose than function? Obviously, the aero kit itself was developed for function and track use, what the end-user wants to use it for is at their own discretion.

If you're not the type of enthusiast that cares about styling than I can understand your opinion. I, for one, would never run a long nose aero kit on my car without a GT wing. So according to your theory, that makes me the biggest ricer on this forum.

FLAME AWAY!

Andy, how can I put this in a more, easy to read way for you.....
When did I say his **** was rice? or yours? I have no theory.. i'm stating the real facts about aerodynamic WINGS.

Again.. I know the kit / wing was designed for track use, whatever, wind tunnel JDM RACING blah blah blah blah blah.

Great.. now do you know why that wing was made adjustable??
read my posts over again and see why it is adjustable..

Or let me cliff note it because you obviously think i'm calling you guys riceboys.

A) variables in aerodynamics...
1) Ride Height
2) Kit
3) Underside of car
4) Diffusers / splitters / canards
5) Suspension (how many lbs you have front / rear) then based upon the spring rate you decide how much downforce you need at XXmph to create enough downforce to become
a) Stable at that speed
b) Increase decrease downforce based upon understeer / oversteer

and theres more.. I don't want to go on. I made this as simple as I can for you. All those put together and then adjusted will give you better gains in performance.. without all those included and tested on a track.. everything is thrown out

Those wings you guys have are again for show. quit making it out like the wing you bought is so your car can handle better.. lets get real here..

You have a nice car. However, I liked your old setup better. have you done time attacks with that wing to see if it increased your lap time? How many lbs of downforce are you now generating with that wing you have? have you tested different angles to see how your car performs? You can't base off the fact that Cwest tested their stuff around a track so now it works. Hows your understeer / oversteer versus your old amuse kit?

get my point now? I never called you rice once. You've always had the gangster parts on a Z. I've seen your car already in person 10 times.

Last edited by itsjiggajames; 05-23-2008 at 11:43 AM.
Old 05-23-2008 | 11:49 AM
ginobetterfly

FYI, you don't need to get up the 120+ MPH to feel the down-force of these wings. My wing is adjustable and I can feel the down-force at even 65+ MPH. Like everyone says, to each their own.
ok i stand corrected... would it be more accurate to say that you dont NEED all that downforce at 65-100mph, but 110, 120+ mph is where you might want it?? would you agree with this statement?

to me, the only time i would want the downforce of such a wing is if i am going 140+ around some crazy turn at the track (ex The Roval), otherwise i just dont see the need... i could be TOTALLY wrong though..
Old 05-23-2008 | 12:51 PM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Andy, how can I put this in a more, easy to read way for you.....
When did I say his **** was rice? or yours? I have no theory.. i'm stating the real facts about aerodynamic WINGS.

Again.. I know the kit / wing was designed for track use, whatever, wind tunnel JDM RACING blah blah blah blah blah.

Great.. now do you know why that wing was made adjustable??
read my posts over again and see why it is adjustable..

Or let me cliff note it because you obviously think i'm calling you guys riceboys.

A) variables in aerodynamics...
1) Ride Height
2) Kit
3) Underside of car
4) Diffusers / splitters / canards
5) Suspension (how many lbs you have front / rear) then based upon the spring rate you decide how much downforce you need at XXmph to create enough downforce to become
a) Stable at that speed
b) Increase decrease downforce based upon understeer / oversteer

and theres more.. I don't want to go on. I made this as simple as I can for you. All those put together and then adjusted will give you better gains in performance.. without all those included and tested on a track.. everything is thrown out

Those wings you guys have are again for show. quit making it out like the wing you bought is so your car can handle better.. lets get real here..

You have a nice car. However, I liked your old setup better. have you done time attacks with that wing to see if it increased your lap time? How many lbs of downforce are you now generating with that wing you have? have you tested different angles to see how your car performs? You can't base off the fact that Cwest tested their stuff around a track so now it works. Hows your understeer / oversteer versus your old amuse kit?

get my point now? I never called you rice once. You've always had the gangster parts on a Z. I've seen your car already in person 10 times.
You don't have to preach to me about the functionalities of aero dynamics but I do understand where you're coming from.

I have not tracked my car for over 2 years now due to the fact that the kit I have is 1 out of 1 and I do not want to mess it up. Plus, I have no time to go to the track anymore. I have however done numerous spirited runs and you can clearly feel differences in the way the car handles.

Obviously, the car needs to be setup properly according to track conditions, weather, driver, etc. Its hard to determine or quantify but there is a clear difference for me between my current setup and my Amuse setup.
Old 05-23-2008 | 12:55 PM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by ginobetterfly
ok i stand corrected... would it be more accurate to say that you dont NEED all that downforce at 65-100mph, but 110, 120+ mph is where you might want it?? would you agree with this statement?

to me, the only time i would want the downforce of such a wing is if i am going 140+ around some crazy turn at the track (ex The Roval), otherwise i just dont see the need... i could be TOTALLY wrong though..
I would imagine that down-force would be very helpful even going 70MPH through a turn. You make think and feel like your car handles well and can go through turns very fast and which it probably can. Add a functional GT wing then tell me if it makes a difference or not. If you'd rather not have a huge wing and are happy with what your car is capable of, then that is all you. Everything is subjective.
Old 05-23-2008 | 01:36 PM
buzzardmountain

You know most of the time these type of replies never bother me.......maybe the only difference now is that I've got NWA playing right now on my playlist.

Here are my thoughts on some of the comments. The "track experts", in my experience, are always the ones that seem to have their a$$ on their shoulders. If you're not at the track every weekend beating the **** out of your car, then you're not an enthusiast and somehow some kind of lesser individual in the car scene. Well let me tell you.....I'm an enthusiast....I enjoy my car.......I enjoy modding my car for me.

Not going into the my long Z history....and the reason I bought this car. I first modded the interior to get it to where I'm happy with it. That involved stereo, and a total interior transformation. I've gotten my interior almost to the point to where it's perfect in my eyes.

I've always been interested in the Super Taikyu race series.....so I set out to build that exterior. I still have a few exterior mods to go before I'm there....but the outside will be completed hopefully by the end of the summer.

I've never let comments about the exterior of the car bother me too much knowing the route I was taking was "new ground". I have a vision in mind and I mean to execute it. I'm not gonna put a lip kit on, veilside or nismo sides and the V1 wing......it's not 2003 anymore and it's not me. I know my exterior is aggressive and too much for many. If you ask me....I'm ready to commit suicide if one more person puts the V1 wing on. But you won't see me flame them for that decision....if that's their deal-e-o then so be it.

To be honest....the guys making certain posts.....when I search your threads/posts to see your car and mods.....makes me go Take itsjiggajames for example....I see you've got TE's on your car. I think Volk will advertise them as a lightweight racing wheel.........if you're not beating on your car at the track and using those forged lightweight wheels to the fullest.....are you not a ricer and hypocrite?

In the end....I bought this car for the long term. My plan is to keep it forever. Unless I catch SARS or something, that's the plan. Keeping the car forever and beating the hell out of the car at the track don't equate. So I'll keep observing these n00bs mod'ing their cars like it's the year 2003 again. They'll all come and go......and I'll still be here on my350z 20 years from now posting my ricer mods. I'm sure all of you guys enjoy your car doing whatever it is you do......guess what, I do to......so in my eyes that makes me an enthusiast.

P.S......Andy, you're such a ricer. Do those stickers make you go faster? You n00b!
Old 05-23-2008 | 01:41 PM
SlideFox

Quick Reply: ***buzzardmountain's new look......Gold LE37's +12 - Lot's of pics***