Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

Invidia g200 exhaust installed :)

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 09:34 PM
zerafian

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Damn...Im glad I checked this section...I just relized yall braught this thread back.

As for the Y-Pipe...it took about a week to finally figure out that it wasnt gonna happen...Even now, 3 months later, Im still learning tons about cars.

Thats for that later comments fellas...

Originally Posted by ChrisR
i was at the meet...im the one who asked you wha your car was dropped on

Right on man, I remember...reason being is it was the same weekend I got my exhaust and suspension...then I saw the Honda meet at the park. All that stuff calminated into one big memory.

I think I had it right when I told ya.. heh. Tein basic coilovers..I found it cool that someone actually noticed.

Last edited by zerafian; 08-10-2008 at 09:37 PM.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:41 PM
zerafian

Originally Posted by Twenty4
well, considering this is a true dual exhaust, you wont be getting a y-pipe any time soon. i have this exhaust also and i love it...good choice man
I guess you would be a good person to ask this then. I'v had the exhaust for a little over 3 months now and have noticed one little bug.

I will get this buzzing sound from inside my car..almost sounds like a pipe is 1mm away from something tapping against it really fast. When the car is cold it happens around 3 rpm and up. About 2 or 3 minutes into driving it only happens at 5.5k rpm and up..give or take. I'll actually take some video tomorrow from inside to see if its noticable on camera audio.

The shop said its a by product of well...the exhaust. I got my car on a lift at the nissan dealer ship during my feel oil change and checked to see if any of the piping was lose....and it wasnt..so right now Im inclined to agree..
Old 08-11-2008, 11:45 AM
Twenty4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its just a little raspy when the car is cold...it goes away when the car warms up...i had test pipes with mine for a while and it got realllllllyyy bad....but it sounded realllly good above 5k...theres nothing loose though....no need to worry
Old 08-11-2008, 12:02 PM
Mcheng

its just a little raspy when the car is cold...it goes away when the car warms up...i had test pipes with mine for a while and it got realllllllyyy bad....but it sounded realllly good above 5k...theres nothing loose though....no need to worry
I've had mine for 8 months. The rasp bothered me a lot in the beginning, but I got use to it and I like now. I went with High Flow cats and the exhaust sounded even better!

I went to a local road course for a day and now stainless steel tips of the exhaust have turned a little tan, which I've actually grown to like and the TI tips changed to brighter blue. BTW, does anyone know to reason for heat treated tips? I've notice they don't get as hot as the untreated part of the tip.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:45 PM
Twenty4

Originally Posted by Mcheng
I've had mine for 8 months. The rasp bothered me a lot in the beginning, but I got use to it and I like now. I went with High Flow cats and the exhaust sounded even better!

I went to a local road course for a day and now stainless steel tips of the exhaust have turned a little tan, which I've actually grown to like and the TI tips changed to brighter blue. BTW, does anyone know to reason for heat treated tips? I've notice they don't get as hot as the untreated part of the tip.
i took my car to the track and now the whole tips are almost completely blue...i really like it actually..ill try to post a pic
Old 08-14-2008, 07:26 PM
zerafian

Thanks for replies guys....I took my cam into the car, did some idle revs and some from a red light to around 55mph....I put the video on my computer so I could do some play back the sound but either my camera couldnt pick it up or its not loud enough to be a problem.

But after reading what yall said I'll go back to not worrying about it. Sometimes it just bothers me...but meh, oh well.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:51 PM
J's 350z!

I cant wait to get this exhaust. I was almost going to get that nismo s tune. But I think I like the G200 better. Hopefully order it tonite
Old 10-22-2008, 07:11 PM
elayman

just ordered mine using the 25% cashback! can't wait to get it on.. i have a G though but i'll post some pics/videos if you guys want thanks for all the info on here.. also i read on another forum that the pipe actually hits a part of the undercarriage, and they had an exhaust shop torch the undercarriage and bend it slightly out of the way
Old 10-22-2008, 07:57 PM
zerafian

Nice job on the discount..wish I got that.As for the the noise, it happens on the Z as well..the tapping on the undercarrage that is. Anything past 4k rpm you can hear it from inside the car pretty obviously. I still havent figured out a cheap way to remedy the issue.

The way you stated sounds like it would perminently scar the car and the exhaust.

Post some pics and sound clips, that would be great.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:06 PM
Triple8Sol
Banned

Great choice
Old 10-23-2008, 03:43 AM
WalkerT
Professional

I love mine but I am ready for something different so it is up for sale!

https://my350z.com/forum/texas-marke...i-exhaust.html
Old 10-23-2008, 11:08 PM
Twenty4

heres a pic of my tips after track days...
Old 02-21-2009, 02:17 PM
jnewnc
Banned

I love my set-up... I have this exhaust with test pipes. I let the car run for about 2-3mins before taking off, helps with the rasp. looks nice too
Old 02-22-2009, 06:31 AM
WalkerT
Professional

heres a pic of my tips after track days...
You should torch the other to match.