Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

Past Z/G owners please share: Remember your roots

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 01:07 PM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Past Z/G owners please share: Remember your roots

*Mods* if this violates the rules of the Media Share forum please feel free to move it, thank you.

Hey guys,

I was browsing the forum and noticed that lately there has been a few people that I recognize on the forums moving onto new projects from a Z. Some of them with VERY sick Zs such as MC, NitrousZ, Elohite, and chriskabobbers. I have moved onto a new car myself and I think we can all say that every one of us misses our Z but also feels happy with the ride.

If you have moved onto a new car, what it is? Why? And if you love and miss your Z, post a picture of it and remember where you came from and pic of your new ride would be appreciative.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:24 PM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,446 Likes on 1,768 Posts

Here we go...

Bought her in early '05 (partly for my wife, mostly for me... LMAO) after totaling my wife's 3000GT (I was ran off the road by some stupid **** in a Suburban on her cell... ***** didn't even stop).

Didn't do too many mods (no money at the time) but did buy an Injen CAI (sucked), AAM spacer (awesome), Stillen headers (which turned out to be knock-offs, got my money back AND sold them), S2K antenna, and color matched my engine/battery/fluid covers.

Car was hit down at South of the Border so I had to replace the passenger side headlight, fender, and front bumper. Paint shop did the color matched covers and also painted the grill (I was one of the first with that done).

Traded her in for my Evo IX GSR back in May '06. I got orders to move to Hawaii and could only take one car with me. 2 seats unfortunately weren't gonna cut it. The Evo was an easy choice for me since I was already a DSM head (also had a '96 Eclipse GS-T at the time).

The Evo is very much modded (and will be even moreso in the next few weeks). Although I love the Evo, I always will have a soft spot for Z cars and have even tried to convince my wife on more than one occasion to let me trade it in for another Z (and now I'm trying to do so for a 370Z LOL).

Evo mods:

Engine:

TurboXS RFL downpipe
TurboXS RFL test pipe
TurboXS RFL Ti cat back
Buschur Racing intake w/MAF pipe
Walbro 255lph HP fuel pump
Hallman Pro MBC
Extreme Turbo Systems 3.5" Wide-Tank FMIC
Extreme Turbo Systems short-route upper intercooler pipe
Extreme Turbo Systems lower intercooler pipe
Extreme Turbo Systems mini battery kit
Paradigm Performance Innovations Extreme internal/external ported and Swaintech coated exhaust manifold
eBay O2 housing
TiAL BOV

Transmission:

Advanced Clutch Technology HDSS clutch kit w/street disc
Gruppe-S 10.5lb flywheel

Suspension:

Tanabe GF210 springs
Whiteline Roll Center Adjustment Kit
Progress 25mm rear sway bar

Brakes:

Stoptech slotted f/r rotors
Hawk HPS pads
Motul RBF600 fluid

Wheels/tires:

Street -
Time Attack'd stock Evo IX Enkeis
Falken Azenis RT-615 255/40/17

Track -
Gunmetal stock Evo VIII Enkeis
Kumho V700's 255/40/17

Tuning:

Innovate LC-1 wideband w/XD 16 gauge
Autometer CF 30-0-30 boost gauge
Tactrix cable
EvoScan
ECUFlash
Self-tuned

Looks:

All piping and battery tray powdercoated Candy Red
S2000 Antenna
Debadged exterior
Blacked out headlight housings w/ambers removed

Will post up all the new mods as they get here.

Pics will be up shortly.

Last edited by bboypuertoroc; 10-22-2008 at 11:36 AM.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:29 PM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
Reserved for me.
Almost forgot you buddy I think you sold your Z before I even got to know you. All I ever remember is you posting a really sick pic of your Evo after you time-attack'ed the wheels
Old 10-21-2008, 11:01 PM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697

My Story:

I bought my Z in Jan '07. I loved this car and bought it thinking I needed to use it to commute about 100 miles a day - which never happened since I got a free beater from my parents. With some persuasions and influence from people that didn't own manual cars - I bought a 5at - WORSE mistake ever! If I had bought a manual I'd still have the Z right now. In May of '07 I wanted to switch it out for a manual Z but I couldn't make the final call and this fast forward to May 2008. I couldn't handle it anymore, I wanted a manual car, and getting another Z seems unreasonable since my girl was planning on getting a G35 - which she just got 3 weeks ago btw - VQ baby! Anyways I decided on the Evo 9 MR for a few simple reason

- it's fast (and can be made stupid fast for relatively reasonable amount of money while remaining reliable)
- it's got turbo & AWD - perfect for keeping the gas mileage high when babied (which is me all the time) and the AWD seals the deal
- I love the look - I don't why but it screams, I'm badass and I don't really gives a **** what anyone else thinks.

It's an entirely different car and although I miss my Z I don't regret my decision at all - but then again we do have a G35 in the family now. I'm not sure if I would be so optimistic without the VQ

My '03 in March before she was parted out & sold in May - and the hardest part of it all is parting out. Not only the labor but the sadness that comes without taking your car apart...

My Evo IX MR - I got her in May and - though I said light mods - it's in my blood

Last edited by AlvinHuyN; 10-21-2008 at 11:03 PM.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:49 AM
bboypuertoroc

Originally Posted by AlvinHuyN
Almost forgot you buddy I think you sold your Z before I even got to know you. All I ever remember is you posting a really sick pic of your Evo after you time-attack'ed the wheels
I finally got some mods coming in next month. I mean, besides the ones already on the car... I actually have some visual mods coming in. Lots of carbon fiber and some JDM goodies.

Unfortunately, money for power was more important than money for wheels.

I need to get some good pics like you got once my car is put back together (she goes under the knife starting tonight).

I forgot to post up pics last night in my 'reserved' spot... although I fear my Z will be nothing compared to the others out there (I still loved it though).
Old 10-22-2008, 09:51 AM
folgrz

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

subbing
Old 10-22-2008, 10:32 AM
Elohite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Well. I miss the Z community. Audi community sucks. Euro community is weaker IMO than the JDM.
Owning the Z and just all the experience and knowledge I gained from people I met and still chill with I learned how to mod cars properly. Well, at least most people like my style
I must say though. I am happy I left the Z when I did. Amuse is getting hella played out now. I am happy to have run it when only a few of us were.
Having the Audi is great. Interior is sex. Power to MPG is great also. Turbo FTW
I got it because I needed a bigger car and better mileage.
Also Audis just look so classy modded right

Ill show end stages. Since the evolutions is so long and so many pics with both....

Z:

Got the Z Bone stock March 2006- Sold September 2008 (Sat in a garage for 9 months )

Audi:
(I don't have recent shots with my newer mods and these are 2-3 months old )

(Pre-Boost Gauge)

Got the Audi Bone Stock January 2008

Last edited by Elohite; 10-27-2008 at 12:17 AM.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:37 AM
sq40

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I was a bigtime 350Z fanatic, used to post on here Daily.. LOVE my Z and still miss it a lot. I really miss the Raw Power, Excellent exhaust note and fun of the RWD platform. Not to mention the roomy, comfortable ride... the top down.. bliss...

Had to Trade it due to a Baby and 2 seats not being practical...

But.. the sportscar world called again and I found a Cherry Deal on a 225hp Audi TT quattro.. So im roilling in it now. Its no Z, but is a LOT of fun too.

Old 10-22-2008, 11:37 AM
bboypuertoroc

Updated mine.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:31 PM
SIN3

nice thread.
Old 10-26-2008, 02:05 PM
Zridder19

My Story:

I purchased my Z back in October 2006, loved the car to death, drove the chit out of it and enjoyed every moment. July of 07, the car went to Performance Factory and got a TN single installed.

I ended up really falling in love with the car after that, eventually I got into looks and whatnot, and installed an JP Type N kit, with some Mag blue CE28's.

After getting bored with this, the car went back to PF, and was going to get a nasty built motor, Powerlab GT37r kit, and shipped down to Ft Lauderdale to get painted dark hunter green. It finally hit me then on how much I had allready put into the car, and how much I was about to dump into it, and thats what scared me away.

In July of this year, I parted the car out and traded it in. I bought a 2005 BMW X5 to try to get out of my car addiction... well Ive only had it 3 1/2 months, and Im getting sick of having an SUV.

Well what can I say, my passion for cars is taking back over, and Im going to be trading it in for a 2006 Evo 9 MR soon.

Anyways heres some pics:

Old 11-03-2008, 05:29 PM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697

Originally Posted by Zridder19
My Story:

I purchased my Z back in October 2006, loved the car to death, drove the chit out of it and enjoyed every moment. July of 07, the car went to Performance Factory and got a TN single installed.

I ended up really falling in love with the car after that, eventually I got into looks and whatnot, and installed an JP Type N kit, with some Mag blue CE28's.

After getting bored with this, the car went back to PF, and was going to get a nasty built motor, Powerlab GT37r kit, and shipped down to Ft Lauderdale to get painted dark hunter green. It finally hit me then on how much I had allready put into the car, and how much I was about to dump into it, and thats what scared me away.

In July of this year, I parted the car out and traded it in. I bought a 2005 BMW X5 to try to get out of my car addiction... well Ive only had it 3 1/2 months, and Im getting sick of having an SUV.

Well what can I say, my passion for cars is taking back over, and Im going to be trading it in for a 2006 Evo 9 MR soon.
Your Z was hot! I think you'll be quite pleased with the Evo as well - it's performance, looks, and combined with everyday practicality makes it a winner for most enthusiasts
Old 11-04-2008, 06:09 AM
Zridder19

Originally Posted by AlvinHuyN
Your Z was hot! I think you'll be quite pleased with the Evo as well - it's performance, looks, and combined with everyday practicality makes it a winner for most enthusiasts
Thanks man!

I cant wait to get an EVO, like you said its very practical. I told myself after doing all the F/I stuff on my Z that if I ever do anything turbo related, its gona be a factory F/I car. Plus not too many people in my area are rockin EVO's. I cant wait

P.S.- Your EVO is soooooo fawkin hawt!!

I see you have the Voltex rear, but what sides and front is that?
Old 11-04-2008, 08:53 AM
lemansz20
Banned

Hey guys, I miss my Z SOOOO much, even though it had problems. Here is what I moved on from and own now, BUT I think im going to get another Z and build it TT, I really miss the Z and the fun driving experience I had so I think its time for another one. Here you go:

Then I moved onto this:

And I Now Have this, but hopefully TT Z soon again:

Old 11-04-2008, 09:23 AM
bboypuertoroc

Originally Posted by Zridder19
I see you have the Voltex rear, but what sides and front is that?
It's the APR lip and Chargespeed Bottom Line sides.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:31 AM
trodis
350Z-holic

nice thread....
Old 11-07-2008, 10:37 PM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
It's the APR lip and Chargespeed Bottom Line sides.
couldn't be anymore correct keep them coming guys! Man, some REALLY ridiculous cars in this thread...pure sex! And bro, if I'm ever in HI or wherever you're at you know I always take my camera and a tripod and ready for car pics!
Old 11-08-2008, 05:14 AM
Zridder19

Originally Posted by lemansz20

A little info on this Porsche? That thing is beatiful!

(year/model/wheels/etc)
Old 11-08-2008, 07:29 AM
scmtkings4

^^porsche carrera S
Old 11-08-2008, 06:49 PM
myladyz33

06 SS, was the most fun car ever even though it did have some little problems here and there she was a champ for sure and took a beating because i beat the **** outta my z i miss it like crazy and im really thinking about getting into a 370z i just dont want to downgrade im trying to move up some more i got an audi A5 S-Line for now its sexy, comfy, and keeps me out of trouble since its not fast

Quick Reply: Past Z/G owners please share: Remember your roots