Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

Who Says Custom Headlights Have To Be Expensive...DIYFTW

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 01:35 PM
crg914

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy@Performance
Very nice, Chad. I'll be sending my headlights to you, lol!
Hey, I've got something you want, and we both know I can find something you have that I want

Originally Posted by 07rdsterGT
The angel eye portion looks super simple. Sand and buff the "popular" areas on the plastic housing. Install the CCFL around and behind the projector bulb and wire it to the parking lights. I wouldn't mind doing this project with someone at the same time, lol
The most important part here is to make sure you taped off everything really well. You don't want to accidentally sand a part you didn't mean to.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:44 PM
Dynasty.Zero

Hey dude, would you mod my headlights for cash if I sent them to ya?
Old 12-04-2008, 04:14 PM
crg914

Originally Posted by Dynasty.Zero
Hey dude, would you mod my headlights for cash if I sent them to ya?
I'll respond here so maybe I won't keep getting flooded with PMs

I'm sorry but at this time I have no plans to provide this as a service for anyone. I just did it in my spare time which will soon be very limited. At the end of this month my dealership is sending me to Florida for 7 months of BMW factory training, which is pretty intense from what I hear. So, needless to say I will be very busy.

I would like to thank again everyone for the kind words and I take it as a great compliment that others think highly enough of my work to ask me to do the same job for them. So for that thank you.

I would encourage anyone who is thinking of DIY to go for it!!! I did it without any help or instructions. I just figured it out along the way and it came out pretty good IMHO. If I can do it, you can too!! Just be patient and if there are any specific questions I will try my best to answer them.

Thanks again guys
Old 12-04-2008, 04:17 PM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by crg914
Hey, I've got something you want, and we both know I can find something you have that I want
LOL! Too bad I already painted my headlights. Oh well.

Last edited by Andy@Performance; 12-04-2008 at 04:20 PM.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:07 PM
Triple8Sol
Banned

Originally Posted by samjcg
When the DIY posts up, this thread is full of WIN.
Cincity is hatin on you... watch out

Hahaha....they're hitting that "Report Post" button like mad, I'll bet...

Great work!
Old 12-04-2008, 06:26 PM
definitionxmk

awesome. i was considering doing it myself but never had any motivation... now i do. thanks!
Old 12-04-2008, 06:31 PM
Tac-M

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FYI

this is the only safe thing to use if you f-up !

Old 12-04-2008, 06:58 PM
LaoSiFu

Awesome work crg914. I hate to see you mysteriously get ban from here.

~Robert
Old 12-04-2008, 08:29 PM
SirSpeedyZ

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by booey1979
PLEASE POST THE DIY. Its good for the community. Those services will continue to exist as an option for those not wanting to do it themselves, but for us crazy enough to attempt it, this is what sites like my350z.com and my first site 2gnt.com are for. Its for the community.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:09 PM
beast66

post up the diy
Old 12-04-2008, 09:09 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Guys, there's absolutely no reason for bashing CinCity here. They have not reported a single post nor have they even posted here. They can offer whatever they charge because they're the only ones (or one of very few) that offer such services. Keep the negative comments toward CinCity to yourselves please.

Also, if the guy is willing to respect the vendors here by not posting DIY, then that is his prerogative. Badgering him continuously to post a DIY isn't going to do anything.

And no they didn't ask me to post here. I've been following this thread since it was created.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:08 PM
Kiriller

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
Guys, there's absolutely no reason for bashing CinCity here. They have not reported a single post nor have they even posted here. They can offer whatever they charge because they're the only ones (or one of very few) that offer such services. Keep the negative comments toward CinCity to yourselves please.

Also, if the guy is willing to respect the vendors here by not posting DIY, then that is his prerogative. Badgering him continuously to post a DIY isn't going to do anything.

And no they didn't ask me to post here. I've been following this thread since it was created.
if you are worried that sincity will go out of business from this and stop sponsoring my350z, dont be. They simply wont, there are still lots and lots of people who prefer work done for them.

Im sure sincity arnt stupid, but if they were smarter, they would realize a simple equlimbrium point where price meets demand, in order to maximize their profits as well as client base.

Unfortunately, being one of the few service providers world wide that offer such service, as most do, they jack up the price to the point where it is just funny to look at, and as result from that, you see people around them (or around this community) find alternatives to get the same or close result as they would buy their service.

And if it does in fact happen, that too much work is taken from them, you will have to just look on the bright side and see how many more users will join, how much the community will grow, how much stronger it will get and ultimately how many people will benefit from such thing.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:23 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

You're sadly mistaken if you think I'm worried about CinCity's prosperity. What interest do I have in their business? I don't get anything out of it. I'm doing it because it is explicitly stated in our TOU. Don't assume things.

BTW, it's CinCity, not sincity.

Anyway, keep this thread on topic was what I was asking for to happen. Don't go off topic anymore.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:29 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks good.

I'd rather spend the money and have CinCity do it, than take a chance of screwing up and having to spend another $1200+ on a new set of headlights.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:30 PM
OldDirty Z33

lol at the people that got there lights from cincity and found out they can do it them selfs. Its all good tho. Some people just want it done right with warranty
Old 12-05-2008, 12:02 AM
Zgrabin

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero

stfu
Old 12-05-2008, 12:35 AM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Originally Posted by Zgrabin
stfu
What's your problem?

I'm not a quick one to ban, so I'll let it slide this time, but watch yourself.

Originally Posted by My350Z.com TOU
10.) HARASSMENT/FLAMING
Any harassment of other members will not be tolerated. Name calling, picking fights, etc. Do not make posts that incite arguments, or any post that turns to arguments and flame wars, etc. Posts of this nature will not be tolerated and can result in the immediate closing or deletion or editing of the post and the banishment of the posting members account. Any insults or harassments towards staff members, including board ownership (that is, Internet Brands aka IB), will result in instant banishment.

20.) FORUM CONTENT/USE OF LANGUAGE
Considering the real-time nature of our forum, it is impossible for us to review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. Discussions revolving graphically sexual situations, [promoted use of] drugs and/or drug paraphernalia, intended or executed criminal activity, etc. will be deleted from the forum and bans issued (where applicable), so please refrain from such content. Forum content also includes language. Although there is an automatic filter that censors inappropriate/profane language, intentional attempts to bypass this filter will result in one warning and then a ban (Anything Goes forum is exempt). The language filter is implemented for a purpose, thus it should not be intentionally circumvented. Please use common sense when posting pictures. Nudity, gore, violent acts (and results thereof) amongst other images are not allowed. Please note that this includes pictures in your avatar and/or signature. This is a public site, accessible by minors as well. So please keep all viewable pictures/avatars/signatures under the common PG rating. Offensive avatars / signatures may be reported to our staff, and removed at their discretion. Any violations noted here are subject to ban as per moderator discretion.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:48 AM
jadaniya
Banned

Originally Posted by Zgrabin
stfu
LOL, wtf? why in the world would you tell a moderator to stfu?
Old 12-05-2008, 02:08 AM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Originally Posted by jadaniya
LOL, wtf? why in the world would you tell a administrator to stfu?
Fixed. And I'm not sure what brought that, neither. Maybe he just wants a ban?
Old 12-05-2008, 02:35 AM
m!ke

I agree that the cincity bashing is unnecessary. They do high quality work that not many people do at all, albeit with a high price tag. If anybody CAN do a DIY with, or even without pics, that would be great. Ive been thinking of sending my lights to cincity for a while, but would love to do it myself as a project.

Quick Reply: Who Says Custom Headlights Have To Be Expensive...DIYFTW