Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

Horrible Z on Hwy 60 in Mesa Area

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 08:27 PM
CodeRed30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OP is just on a Haterade diet.

I know the guy that owns it. The car was painted by Elite Automotive Finishes (yes, OP, the same guys that Intense uses) so the paint is top notch and is INTENTIONALLY matte.

This car is rocking 20'' Volk GT7s in Noble Gold, Sparco Milanos, and a TON of suspension and other goodies. Plus he drifts the car...
Old 06-15-2010, 08:47 PM
vTxSpikeZ

I like the color and its definitely different but up for more pic of it, if someone got more ahaha
Old 06-16-2010, 04:57 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Not that bad. With some colorful wheels (IE: white, green etc..) it'll look like a fun car to whip around..
Old 06-16-2010, 05:27 AM
BoomerZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CodeRed30

I know the guy that owns it. The car was painted by Elite Automotive Finishes (yes, OP, the same guys that Intense uses) so the paint is top notch and is INTENTIONALLY matte.

This car is rocking 20'' Volk GT7s in Noble Gold, Sparco Milanos, and a TON of suspension and other goodies. Plus he drifts the car...
guy? hmm thought it was a chick who owned it
Old 06-16-2010, 08:20 AM
CodeRed30

That's because you're a ruhtard
Old 06-16-2010, 08:28 AM
IntenseSales
Vendor - Former Vendor

We don't use Elite finishes for our work btw. We own our own body shop that has put multiple cars in the past year on pretty much every cover of every import magazine out there internationally, not just state side. They do however purchase from us on a business level.

Both Chris' are good guys. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and MRG is not a hater by any means. He's about classy tasteful mods and function over fashion.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:35 AM
puertorican

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

As already mentioned the Purple Z doesn't look bad at all
Old 06-16-2010, 10:46 AM
dragnby

hey.....atleast he is ridin on volks haha
Old 06-16-2010, 10:47 AM
dragnby

and looks damn good to be a drift car lol most are torn up 240s with no bumpers lol
Old 06-16-2010, 03:26 PM
Rev-em-hard

Originally Posted by mrg1981
Not even close to the same paint. The front lip is different too. The one I saw was all spray paint and the purple looked just plain purple. It wasn't the paint that changes in the light.
I met you before after the modified mag event when we where at del-taco. You seem to have been a nice guy. It is my car and you have seen it in silverstone.I bought this car for 7k all beat up with 114k miles, atf in the 6sp MT, and many issues with it. I have since done alot and have brought the car to where it is right now.I am sorry I wasnt able to please your tastes however I built the car for me and not you. The car is very functional and is my track ****. If I wanted tohave a nice low milage Z with boost and mild mods I could have. That is not why I bought THIS car. I know your type, You are the type of guy that buys a car and pulls out his wallet and pays somebody to put power to it and then goes around bashing everybody elses ride to make your self esteem high. This car is a purpose built drift car that is still currently in the works. The paint is really nice and not blotchy at all. The hatch is blotchy because it was a quick spray to make it somewhat match the scheme until the CF hatch comes in and gets the satin finish to go with the rest of the satin finished carbon/purple two tone look. My car has 140,000+ miles on the origonal motor. The reason is because it is getting an RB swap so I can get the rev's I want. Trust me, there is nothing cheap on this car, however I will just smile at your comments because I love haters!

car was dirty in the pic i just posted but more pro photo's will be posted and I think I will do a build thread now just to show how crappy and un-functional my car is.

Last edited by Rev-em-hard; 06-16-2010 at 04:20 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:45 PM
redlineTRIZLE

beast!!!! yeah op is a hater hate to break it to you intense
Old 06-16-2010, 04:29 PM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Owner of the car made it here, sweet! I'm not a fan of the color but this z seems to pull it off. I'm also not a fan of 20 inch wheels (wouldn't 20's be less affective in the world of drifting?) but all in all it looks pretty good.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:34 PM
Rev-em-hard

Originally Posted by AroundMyHorn
Owner of the car made it here, sweet! I'm not a fan of the color but this z seems to pull it off. I'm also not a fan of 20 inch wheels (wouldn't 20's be less affective in the world of drifting?) but all in all it looks pretty good.
yes 20's are less effective, however it can be compensated with skinnier tires and a different final drive
They were needed to finish the "look" of the car.

Last edited by Rev-em-hard; 06-16-2010 at 04:39 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:37 PM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rev-em-hard
yes 20's are less effective, however it can be compensated with skinnier tires and a different final drive
Whatever works man.

Fail for me using the wrong effective.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:41 PM
Rev-em-hard

kool yeah running 20's only changes the final drive. So as long as I re-gear the car then it wont be any different the 18's
as long as the weight is close to 18's of course which they are...

Last edited by Rev-em-hard; 06-16-2010 at 04:44 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:56 PM
Ahmad350

sick ride bro, I am so glad you showed up. OP got owned
Old 06-16-2010, 05:05 PM
dragnby

I met you before after the modified mag event when we where at del-taco. You seem to have been a nice guy. It is my car and you have seen it in silverstone.I bought this car for 7k all beat up with 114k miles, atf in the 6sp MT, and many issues with it. I have since done alot and have brought the car to where it is right now.I am sorry I wasnt able to please your tastes however I built the car for me and not you. The car is very functional and is my track ****. If I wanted tohave a nice low milage Z with boost and mild mods I could have. That is not why I bought THIS car. I know your type, You are the type of guy that buys a car and pulls out his wallet and pays somebody to put power to it and then goes around bashing everybody elses ride to make your self esteem high. This car is a purpose built drift car that is still currently in the works. The paint is really nice and not blotchy at all. The hatch is blotchy because it was a quick spray to make it somewhat match the scheme until the CF hatch comes in and gets the satin finish to go with the rest of the satin finished carbon/purple two tone look. My car has 140,000+ miles on the origonal motor. The reason is because it is getting an RB swap so I can get the rev's I want. Trust me, there is nothing cheap on this car, however I will just smile at your comments because I love haters!

car was dirty in the pic i just posted but more pro photo's will be posted and I think I will do a build thread now just to show how crappy and un-functional my car is.

hahahaha thats great! im glad you showed up haha, the car looks good imo.
i cant wait to get another daily so i can turn my Z into a drift ****!!!
Old 06-16-2010, 05:44 PM
mrg1981

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey, man! Glad you came on this thread to clarify a few things. Obviously, the car isn't my taste, and that's not your purpose in doing it.

When the trunk is finished, I'm sure it will look better. I would have painted it solid until it is finished, since the blotchy black looks really bad, IMO. I'm definitely not the type to critize other cars. In fact, I have well over 1500 posts and this is the only thread in which I've ever made a negative comment about a car. You explained that the trunk is temporary, which is good. The color of the car is not my taste, but the trunk is the main thing that stuck out to me.

What lip is that? I don't personally like the lips that bolt onto the stock bumper, especially in a different color than the car. It just doesn't flow. Also, you might check the lip/bumper, because it was flapping/bending in the wind when you drove. Maybe a bolt is loose, maybe you damaged it, maybe it just does that. It honestly reminded me of the civics that I've seen with cheap bumpers that bend in the wind. I also don't like smoked tails. Once again, just expressing my opinion on the car. I don't believe I said anything about not being functional, btw. The majority of the people on here like it. Of course, they haven't seen the trunk... Just playing!

Anyway, I have nothing against you. I'm still a nice person, lol. I just didn't like the way your car looks right now. Personally, I would have left it SS, since it looked very clean.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:52 PM
engiNERD350Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last edited by engiNERD350Z; 06-28-2010 at 05:47 AM.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:56 PM
saywat?

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

this is thread is cool lol!

Quick Reply: Horrible Z on Hwy 60 in Mesa Area