Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

Just got a GoPro......ANNNND ITS GONE. I happed to find my memory card tho.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:27 PM
vnarang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got a GoPro......ANNNND ITS GONE. I happed to find my memory card tho.

Well I bought a GoPro, washed my Z and was able to make one video before I tried it on my dad's car. Later that day the GoPro was blasted into smithereens by two very unlikely chances.

Just got a GoPro......ANNNND ITS GONE. I happed to find my memory card tho.-dvjqa.jpg

ANYWAYS Here's the sole video I was able to get off of the memory card I some how found, considering it flew out of the GoPro. Skip to 0:35

http://youtu.be/Lc9Fkqb0VFc

Last edited by vnarang; 08-28-2012 at 10:31 PM.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:35 PM
SR71
Lead Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 305 Likes on 166 Posts

So whats the story??
Old 08-28-2012, 10:45 PM
*ICE*

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wtf? lame video. No back story. OP you sucks.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:18 PM
ALO8

it fell apart because he bought a knockoff goPro
Old 08-29-2012, 05:50 AM
Murfdizzle21

looks like he ran it over
Old 08-29-2012, 06:22 AM
AshMan
Club Moderator
the Hot Spot

Ewww. Sorry to see that OP. In for back story.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:35 AM
SQuaLZ

Received 116 Likes on 90 Posts

Ouch that hurts! I would like to hear the story as well. I have taken my GoPro over 100 mph in multiple places on my car and haven't had any problems. Although I do fear that it will fly off, but a the same time I am pretty confident in the suction cup mount (I actually lifted by living room table off the floor with the mount!)

Maybe the surface was dirty or it wasn't properly mounted?
Old 08-29-2012, 06:36 AM
redline06

Originally Posted by xxxlino
it fell apart because he bought a knockoff goPro
looks like a real one to me

Last edited by redline06; 08-29-2012 at 06:41 AM.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:39 AM
redline06

Originally Posted by SQuaLZ
Ouch that hurts! I would like to hear the story as well. I have taken my GoPro over 100 mph in multiple places on my car and haven't had any problems. Although I do fear that it will fly off, but a the same time I am pretty confident in the suction cup mount (I actually lifted by living room table off the floor with the mount!)

Maybe the surface was dirty or it wasn't properly mounted?
yea im thinking surface was dirty or something, mine holds on for dear life lol
Old 08-29-2012, 07:02 AM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

I came in here all excited for a story.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:06 PM
vnarang

Originally Posted by Syner
I came in here all excited for a story.
I had to let the anticipation build up. This was a morally crushing experience for me though.

Anyways, it didn't fall off of my Z. I was visiting some friends and brought my GoPro with me . After my friends and we washed our cars, and I made that video as a first test around 5:30 PM this Sunday. My friend wanted to make a video on his STi, I said sure why the hell not. Later that night, around 8:30 I mounted the GoPro on the rear bumper. After just driving down the street to the local Jamba Juice, we noticed it wasn't on there anymore. ****.

We retrace steps, starting with paths and turns closest to us first. Nothing is found. Then we go back a little bit further, and notice it in the right turn lane of a residential street connecting to the main road, about half a mile from his house. This is the point where we were stopped and going the absolute slowest. Thank God though, I see the LCD screen on, it's right there, it's still recording in perfect condition, no cars (around 8:50pm). We decided to wait for the light to turn green before we made a u-turn and a car happens to come and run over it. ****, but it's okay it only broke the latch of the hard plastic shell, the camera is still in one piece but now in the middle of the intersection, middle lane for oncoming traffic. Only one truck is coming down this lane right now, only one vehicle. Runs right over it. I basically just saw it get hit twice, and felt so helpless haha. It was pretty painful.

First time I actually am happy I bought the warranty, I guess. Afterwards I was in the middle of the intersection with my friends scavenging for parts like a maniac. As to why it fell off, I should have probably wiped it down again, but I assumed it was clean because we washed our cars 3 hours earlier. So it it fell of maybe, A) it should have been wiped again? or B) wasn't properly mounted. I somewhat tugged on it too when I mounted it and it felt solid.

Last edited by vnarang; 08-30-2012 at 01:20 AM.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:18 PM
350zjason350z
Know it all

Damn thats chitty
Old 08-31-2012, 10:07 AM
SE5spd

Boo
Old 08-31-2012, 10:43 AM
redline06

lol at least u have a cool story, i dropped mine straight on the lens, i made a cool case to eliminate windnoise, went to show my friend and down it went haha fuuckkk, no warranty or anything but GoPro was cool enough to just have me send the bare camera back without battery or anything and let me buy a whole package for $150. so no i have two of every accessory which is pretty cool i guess
Old 08-31-2012, 10:56 AM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by vnarang
I had to let the anticipation build up. This was a morally crushing experience for me though.

Anyways, it didn't fall off of my Z. I was visiting some friends and brought my GoPro with me . After my friends and we washed our cars, and I made that video as a first test around 5:30 PM this Sunday. My friend wanted to make a video on his STi, I said sure why the hell not. Later that night, around 8:30 I mounted the GoPro on the rear bumper. After just driving down the street to the local Jamba Juice, we noticed it wasn't on there anymore. ****.

We retrace steps, starting with paths and turns closest to us first. Nothing is found. Then we go back a little bit further, and notice it in the right turn lane of a residential street connecting to the main road, about half a mile from his house. This is the point where we were stopped and going the absolute slowest. Thank God though, I see the LCD screen on, it's right there, it's still recording in perfect condition, no cars (around 8:50pm). We decided to wait for the light to turn green before we made a u-turn and a car happens to come and run over it. ****, but it's okay it only broke the latch of the hard plastic shell, the camera is still in one piece but now in the middle of the intersection, middle lane for oncoming traffic. Only one truck is coming down this lane right now, only one vehicle. Runs right over it. I basically just saw it get hit twice, and felt so helpless haha. It was pretty painful.

First time I actually am happy I bought the warranty, I guess. Afterwards I was in the middle of the intersection with my friends scavenging for parts like a maniac. As to why it fell off, I should have probably wiped it down again, but I assumed it was clean because we washed our cars 3 hours earlier. So it it fell of maybe, A) it should have been wiped again? or B) wasn't properly mounted. I somewhat tugged on it too when I mounted it and it felt solid.
Now that's better, thanks!
Old 09-07-2012, 09:56 AM
Twenty4

sounds like its time to upgrade! www.replayxd.com
Old 09-07-2012, 10:43 AM
ericjackson

in for video of the crushing
Old 09-25-2012, 04:27 PM
dykel3fiddyz

No back story... No camera breaking in video...

*EDIT* I see the story above. I will now read.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:31 PM
dykel3fiddyz

Originally Posted by vnarang

That sucks. Atleast you got the warranty.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:04 PM
Azzerare

Man that's rough. I'm surprised the warranty covered it, that's a pretty cool warranty
I'd also like to see the video of its demise... The only good thing to come of losing such an expensive toy