Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

Got some new wheels... in PINK?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 07:25 PM
killa.beez33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got some new wheels... in PINK?

I haven't posted pics of my car on here in a LONG time. Figured it'd be nice if I did a little update of how my car sits as of now. So I was in Korea for about a month during March-April, and when I got back about 2-3 weeks ago I noticed some douche bag stole my wheels!

Fortunately, Allstate was super cool and cut me a check for $3000 within two days! So, I was in a hurry to find some wheels because of school and work, and came across this deal on craigslist. It wasn't the best deal in the world, but I think I still got a decent/good deal on them! Unfortunately the owner decided to paint the wheels pink. So don't worry, I'm going to get them repainted pretty soon! I was actually surprised that the pink wasn't as bad as I thought it would be on Silverstone. Anyways! Enough talk! Here are some teasers for now.

The wheels are 19x9.5 +22 and 19x10.5 +22 with 25mm spacer all around. Do not worry! I'm replacing my front end with another Nismo V2 or maybe stock+lip. Also, picking up a set of coilovers with the money left over this week! Soon I'll be slammed and fitted. btw car is sitting on Tanabe NF210's right now.

Apologies... Only pics I have right now are off my Instagram. I'll take some better pics once I get my coilovers on!

Not bad lip size for the rears!

EDIT: The two choices I have for coilovers are either this brand called ISC Coilovers or some BC Racing coilovers. Both are on craigslist for $750. I looked up ISC Coilovers and apparently they're like $1200 on their website, but a price tag don't mean squat! Anybody have any experience or hear anything about ISC Coilovers? The ISC Coilovers are only 2 months old, while the BC Racing coilovers are about 5 months old and 3,000 miles on them. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by killa.beez33; 05-07-2013 at 07:32 PM.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:29 PM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 05-07-2013, 08:00 PM
bdub209

Old 05-07-2013, 09:53 PM
XM 1

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Old 05-07-2013, 10:48 PM
xiaolinmonk

needs moar poke.

to OP. I would go with the BC racing coil overs.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:01 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

backwards...
Old 05-07-2013, 11:08 PM
jdmlove1

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ur car remind me of Gangnam Style!
Old 05-08-2013, 04:02 AM
Phenom
Toasty

Received 1,382 Likes on 990 Posts

Front bumper lookin fresh bro
Old 05-08-2013, 09:04 AM
zerafian

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

you should have gone with varrsteons TE37 rep rims.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:15 AM
fairladyinit

Old 05-08-2013, 10:31 AM
iideadeyeii

Received 442 Likes on 358 Posts

Lose the spacers and run a proper size tire
Old 05-08-2013, 02:19 PM
killa.beez33

Did some of you guys not read my original post? lol. My previous wheels were stolen. I JUST got these few days ago WITH tires. The previous owner was a dumbass and put 215/35 on the passenger side front, and 225/35 on the driver side front. Rears are surprisingly matching, 245's.

I'm going to be painting them back silver or white, while I install my coilovers. Everyone just chill out! New front end is on the way, and picking up my coilovers this week. I'll post up an update. It's going to be quite a before/after!

EDIT: These are 5x120, so I kinda have to run the adapters. lol. It'll look good once I'm slammed though.

Originally Posted by zerafian
you should have gone with varrsteons TE37 rep rims.
Nah, everyone has those. My car would just look like any other 350z with TE37's or TE37 replicas. Plus I always loved the design on of the Advan RG-Ds

Last edited by killa.beez33; 05-08-2013 at 02:21 PM.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:46 PM
zerafian

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by killa.beez33

Nah, everyone has those. My car would just look like any other 350z with TE37's or TE37 replicas. Plus I always loved the design on of the Advan RG-Ds
lol right on, I definitely understand wanting the car to feel unique
Old 05-08-2013, 02:52 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Did some of you guys not read my original post? lol. My previous wheels were stolen. I JUST got these few days ago WITH tires. The previous owner was a dumbass and put 215/35 on the passenger side front, and 225/35 on the driver side front. Rears are surprisingly matching, 245's.

I'm going to be painting them back silver or white, while I install my coilovers. Everyone just chill out! New front end is on the way, and picking up my coilovers this week. I'll post up an update. It's going to be quite a before/after!

EDIT: These are 5x120, so I kinda have to run the adapters. lol. It'll look good once I'm slammed though.

so lemme get this straight,

you paid money for
1) pink wheels ..
2) ..with mis matched tires
3) .. and were not even the correct bolt pattern

yeah. that's good use of your insurance claim.. even if it was a rush. i'd rather spend $30 on a rental car/bus fair and take your time to get a decent set of stockers or a set that actually is of any practical use..

good luck trying to sell these later on.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:12 PM
xiaolinmonk

I have stock wheels and tires for sale. I got you bro! Lol.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:21 PM
labelworkshop75

O god damn it.........
Old 05-08-2013, 10:10 PM
killa.beez33

Originally Posted by Chebosto
so lemme get this straight,

you paid money for
1) pink wheels ..
2) ..with mis matched tires
3) .. and were not even the correct bolt pattern

yeah. that's good use of your insurance claim.. even if it was a rush. i'd rather spend $30 on a rental car/bus fair and take your time to get a decent set of stockers or a set that actually is of any practical use..

good luck trying to sell these later on.
Oh, good ol' my350z criticism. Because repainting the wheels back to silver or any other color I want, and getting ONE new tire is SUCHA hard thing to do, right? And that's all going to make selling the wheels later on that much more difficult, right? Also how are these wheels NOT any practical use? Why do you think they're going to be hard to sell later down the road? If anything, I can now sell them to anyone with a 5x120 bolt pattern, and sell the adapters separate or sell it as a set to someone with a 5x114.3 bolt pattern. BTW I noticed the fronts were mis matched once I got home. Otherwise I probably would've haggled with the price with the seller.

I got these wheels because I like them. Each to their own. Just like how you got any of your aftermarket parts on your car because you liked them. I always loved how the Advan RG-D's looked, but me being a college student can't afford the real deal... And luckily I found a set of replicas for a decent price when I was looking for wheels. I'm not about to shell out $400-$600 for OEM wheels w/o tires. Infact me being a poor college student, I'd say it was a good way to spend my insurance claim. Why? Because now I have money left over for coilovers and to fix some other things on my car like my front end.

I never understood why people on my350z always tell people how they should've done that, and should've bought that. How do you guys even find something to hate about? Honestly... Some thief stole my wheels while I was on vacation... I got an insurance claim for $3000, and now I finally have 19's I always wanted which I clearly said I'm going to repaint, and still have money left over to fix my car and for a set of coilovers.

If this was really a "community" of 350z "enthusiasts". Shouldn't there be some sort of congratulating? Not a bunch of sarcastic posts with GIFs, and/or just posting something negative. Seriously, so much drama stirs up in someones thread because they either have fake wheels, and/or something on the OP's car isn't to their liking. Shame that this is called a 350z "community" for 350z "enthusiasts". I bet if I were to say these were real Advan RG-D's I'd have a bunch of nut swingers. Not everyone can afford wheels that almost cost $1000 a pop.

Infact, just because of all the hate I'm getting here. I think I may just leave them pink for a little longer.

Last edited by killa.beez33; 05-08-2013 at 10:36 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:01 AM
vex008

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

i personally like the pink on silver combo. the TE style ones that were pink looked great on his silver z also. A couple guys have critiqued me doing my wheels and seafoam minty color but i love it and it doesnt phase me one bit. I also give neg. critique here and there but people are just giving their opinion...dont let it bother you.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:35 AM
fairladyinit

Oh, good ol' my350z criticism. Because repainting the wheels back to silver or any other color I want, and getting ONE new tire is SUCHA hard thing to do, right? And that's all going to make selling the wheels later on that much more difficult, right? Also how are these wheels NOT any practical use? Why do you think they're going to be hard to sell later down the road? If anything, I can now sell them to anyone with a 5x120 bolt pattern, and sell the adapters separate or sell it as a set to someone with a 5x114.3 bolt pattern. BTW I noticed the fronts were mis matched once I got home. Otherwise I probably would've haggled with the price with the seller.

I got these wheels because I like them. Each to their own. Just like how you got any of your aftermarket parts on your car because you liked them. I always loved how the Advan RG-D's looked, but me being a college student can't afford the real deal... And luckily I found a set of replicas for a decent price when I was looking for wheels. I'm not about to shell out $400-$600 for OEM wheels w/o tires. Infact me being a poor college student, I'd say it was a good way to spend my insurance claim. Why? Because now I have money left over for coilovers and to fix some other things on my car like my front end.

I never understood why people on my350z always tell people how they should've done that, and should've bought that. How do you guys even find something to hate about? Honestly... Some thief stole my wheels while I was on vacation... I got an insurance claim for $3000, and now I finally have 19's I always wanted which I clearly said I'm going to repaint, and still have money left over to fix my car and for a set of coilovers.

If this was really a "community" of 350z "enthusiasts". Shouldn't there be some sort of congratulating? Not a bunch of sarcastic posts with GIFs, and/or just posting something negative. Seriously, so much drama stirs up in someones thread because they either have fake wheels, and/or something on the OP's car isn't to their liking. Shame that this is called a 350z "community" for 350z "enthusiasts". I bet if I were to say these were real Advan RG-D's I'd have a bunch of nut swingers. Not everyone can afford wheels that almost cost $1000 a pop.

Infact, just because of all the hate I'm getting here. I think I may just leave them pink for a little longer.
First of all this is the internet, don't get butt hurt over what people say. Second of all you posted your story and a picture of your car on a forum. Did you really not expect there to be any opinions/criticism?

Last edited by fairladyinit; 05-16-2013 at 11:25 AM.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:03 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 399 Likes on 227 Posts

im with Cheston.. but also OP.. you did post the whole ordeal to a thread.. what are we suppsoed to do, sit quietly and watch it like the thread is a paiting in an art gallery? lol

Cmon.. dont post if all you want is people complimenting you.. if however there was no real point to the thread, let ppl talk and make fun, do whatever.

Why care?

Not hating, jsut sayin.. who cares? Dude i have a bird beak front bumper veilside kit on my car.. it looks like its from a he man cartoon.. but no one gives me much crap anymore becuase when they do, i agree w them and laugh as well.. not a big deal.

edit ^^ bang, looks ,like someone elses was typing the same thing as me lol.

Last edited by bmccann101; 05-09-2013 at 10:05 AM.

Quick Reply: Got some new wheels... in PINK?