Notices

HPD Cruise in Houston

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 05:15 AM
MustGoFastR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Woohoo! Little breezy today, but otherwise perfect weather; this is gonna be great! Think I'll go throw on one more coat of Zaino...
Old 02-25-2007, 05:32 AM
davidf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Daaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnn it's purrty here in Bmt. See ya'll soon.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:36 AM
xtc4us

Get those Zs looking good. Everything is a gogogogogogogo! Can't wait to see all those Z and Gs out there. Again thank you for the support!
Old 02-25-2007, 06:05 PM
2006_350gt

Thanks everybody for showing, I will try and get pictures transposed from the HPD site for everybody who doesn't want to register! We had alot more Z's out there than usual and I want to thank everybody on here for that one!

Thanks again!
Old 02-25-2007, 06:24 PM
stogey420time
Club Moderator
the Hot Spot

Received 78 Likes on 54 Posts

yea....someone post up some pics
Old 02-25-2007, 07:51 PM
nexstage350

Originally Posted by Old School
Looks that way....just got word from Mark @ SGP that my motor is toast. Anyone have $12k I can borrow?

Looks like I'll be riding the Gixxer guys. See you at gunspoint.

motor blew!!!!! what exactly happened? sorry to hear man, OMG i know the feeling!!
Old 02-26-2007, 05:06 AM
Old School
Shift_Boost

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by nexstage350
motor blew!!!!! what exactly happened? sorry to hear man, OMG i know the feeling!!
It happened when I was spraying. Changed the battery a few days before it happened. Dunno if that reset anything or what.....nitrous hit, car started going...and then bogged. I shut her down and didn't drive her again. Sent her to SGP a couple weeks later to check it out and put on my stoptechs and found out she's toast. Electrodes on the spark plugs where completely gone. Thought I fouled them or something....ended up being worse. lol.

Anyhow, had fun on the cruise yesterday. Loooooong ride home in the dark. Someone slap those stunters next time they get a chance. Those clowns are the reason 5-0 booted us.

Last edited by Old School; 02-26-2007 at 05:08 AM.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:37 AM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It happened when I was spraying. Changed the battery a few days before it happened. Dunno if that reset anything or what.....nitrous hit, car started going...and then bogged. I shut her down and didn't drive her again. Sent her to SGP a couple weeks later to check it out and put on my stoptechs and found out she's toast. Electrodes on the spark plugs where completely gone. Thought I fouled them or something....ended up being worse. lol.

Anyhow, had fun on the cruise yesterday. Loooooong ride home in the dark. Someone slap those stunters next time they get a chance. Those clowns are the reason 5-0 booted us.

lol///ya'll got booted...wtf? stunters?
Old 02-26-2007, 05:44 AM
nexstage350

man again i know how it feels!! did they say what all damage it was? i don't think that changing the battery would reset anything? hrmm? im Curious what was the true cause or what all is damaged.... when i blew mine it was GONE LOL. keep us posted.

yeah i missed that cruz! ugghh got owned. saw some pix of it on other forums. looks like a lot showed up!! great turn out!! oh well next time.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:13 AM
MustGoFastR

You talking about that nutty bike crew with the crap on their helmets? I heard the Ram SRT-10 guys were kind of fools, too. Cruise was great, though; I hooked up with DavidF and we got in with a decent bunch to cruise down there. Worst part was the wait on the toll bridge (actually, it wasn't bad; I just had to pee something fierce...). Croud was too big to all fit at one restaurant, so it kind of fell apart after we at, plus it was getting late, so no big line-up on the hill (some may have gone down there). Overall, it was a blast; great cars, great weather, good food, even a few hotties...

I'll try to get up some of the pics I took later tonight.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:34 AM
Old School
Shift_Boost

Originally Posted by MustGoFastR
You talking about that nutty bike crew with the crap on their helmets? I heard the Ram SRT-10 guys were kind of fools, too. Cruise was great, though; I hooked up with DavidF and we got in with a decent bunch to cruise down there. Worst part was the wait on the toll bridge (actually, it wasn't bad; I just had to pee something fierce...). Croud was too big to all fit at one restaurant, so it kind of fell apart after we at, plus it was getting late, so no big line-up on the hill (some may have gone down there). Overall, it was a blast; great cars, great weather, good food, even a few hotties...

I'll try to get up some of the pics I took later tonight.

Yea, some of those guys with the mohawks were 350z members. All of them were acting right. When we parked at cherry hill, some more guys came along that didn't ride with the rest of us bike guys. Guess they saw the crowd and wanted to show off. A few had mohawks and stuff.....I doubt they were with us though. I think I was one of 5 that didn't have decorations on my helmet. lol. Don't want to ruin my race replica Arai. lol.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:23 AM
MustGoFastR

Ah, ok. I didn't make it down to the hill. Was 5:30 by the time we got out of Salsa's lot; figured it was too late.

Good luch with getting your car fixed, man; sucks to hear what happened...
Old 02-26-2007, 08:05 AM
creed

Hey I had a blast! Here's some pics I took at the zcoh gallery.
http://www.zclubofhouston.com/galler...show&gazgal=15
Old 02-26-2007, 05:51 PM
SLoG35

i had a great time out there... it was nice meeting some of you guys again

someone post pics!
Old 02-26-2007, 06:38 PM
dragone2717

Damn I wish I could have made it out, Just got good word though. Car is almost in it's completion. Should have it within the next 48 hrs. We need to meet up again.

Sorry to hear the bad juju Rob. That sux.....
Old 02-27-2007, 05:15 AM
Old School
Shift_Boost

man again i know how it feels!! did they say what all damage it was? i don't think that changing the battery would reset anything? hrmm? im Curious what was the true cause or what all is damaged.... when i blew mine it was GONE LOL. keep us posted.

yeah i missed that cruz! ugghh got owned. saw some pix of it on other forums. looks like a lot showed up!! great turn out!! oh well next time.
I thought maybe the window/tps switch may have reset....who knows. One cylinder is loosing a little bit of compression, so either the ring went or I burned hole in a valve or two. Mark seems to think its the rings... Gonna bullet-proof her now....time for some serious power.

Originally Posted by MustGoFastR
Ah, ok. I didn't make it down to the hill. Was 5:30 by the time we got out of Salsa's lot; figured it was too late.

Good luch with getting your car fixed, man; sucks to hear what happened...
Thanks bro....it sucks, but there is no better excuse for rebuilding. lol.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:24 AM
nexstage350

I thought maybe the window/tps switch may have reset....who knows. One cylinder is loosing a little bit of compression, so either the ring went or I burned hole in a valve or two. Mark seems to think its the rings... Gonna bullet-proof her now....time for some serious power.

Thanks bro....it sucks, but there is no better excuse for rebuilding. lol.

again man sorry to hear about ur motor cuz really i know what its like. IT SUCKS!!! yeah burned a hole in my wallet!! LOL so far i built mine to take it, but still have thoughts in my head everytime i get on it cuz of that price tag i paid!! . all good though, what kind of block u gonna go with? holla
Old 02-28-2007, 08:30 AM
Old School
Shift_Boost

again man sorry to hear about ur motor cuz really i know what its like. IT SUCKS!!! yeah burned a hole in my wallet!! LOL so far i built mine to take it, but still have thoughts in my head everytime i get on it cuz of that price tag i paid!! . all good though, what kind of block u gonna go with? holla
not sure yet. I need to sit down with mark and pick his brain. I'm trying to head over there today after work. Hopefully I won't have to stay late at work. They are always trying to leave as soon as I get to SGP (around 6:30ish). Who wants to talk to customers when you're walking out the door? I kinda feel bad for keeping them even longer. I know I want to go home RIGHT after I get off of work. lol. Appreciate the sympathy. I'm actually alot more excited than I am bummed. First motor I've ever trashed. A damn good track record for modifying cars for more than 12 years. Transmissions....now that's another story. lol. Been through quite a few of those.

Last edited by Old School; 02-28-2007 at 08:33 AM.