Notices

San Antonio AutoX March 18

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 11:18 AM
ravensaxe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default San Antonio AutoX March 18

So is anyone going to the SASCC Austocross event March 18 at the AT&T center in SA? goto www.sasportscar.com for details. I am going to go just wanted to see if any other Z's will be there. I believe its $25 for non scca members.

Last edited by ravensaxe; 03-09-2007 at 11:23 AM.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:55 PM
z-u-later

I've had the only 350Z at the local auto-x during the last three months. I'm hoping there will be more next weekend. It's been great competing against the high-powered cars. Here are the results from last month's auto-x:

http://www.sasportscar.com/forum/upl...-02-25_fin.htm

If you look at just the raw times, it felt good beating the raw times of several Lotus', BMWs & Mustangs. In my novice group of 20 cars, a Z06 took 1st place. Even though I was in 8th place (PAX adjusted times/standings), my raw times were only 2nd to the Z06 since I'm only about 3-4 seconds behind his runs. All the other cars have raw times, to include a couple of Mustangs (one is a Cobra), that were slower.
Old 03-09-2007, 08:54 PM
FAIRLADYZ_MANnE

i want to go
Old 03-10-2007, 06:16 AM
ravensaxe

Well I am registered already so I will see you there, hit me up if you want to meet then drive in or whatnot, I will be coming from 1604 & Kyle Seal/babcock area. The night before the event we are getting some friends together to go see 300 in Imax if you want to do that as well.
Old 03-10-2007, 06:44 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

so you mean to tell me its only 25 bucks to enter for this autoX event? thats awesome?

I have never autoX'd before? what do i really need? extra tires? etc?

how much seat time do you get? is it one car on the track at a time? one after another from the start grid?

- J
Old 03-10-2007, 07:43 AM
ravensaxe

Yeah it's only $25 and it's one car at a time, I'm not sure how much seat time you get. If you got the link I put on there it will tell you everything you need to bring.
Old 03-10-2007, 07:31 PM
z-u-later

Auto-x is a great opportunity for anyone to test their driving skills and learn the capabilities of their car in a safe environment. The course is configured differently each month so it really challenges you. There are usually 2-3 cars on the course at any given time but they are spaced out far enough (15-20+ seconds apart) that there is no chance of passing another car. Even if there's a problem (driver gets lost in the sea of cones or spins out & stalls), the course workers will raise their flags to alert other drivers to either slow down or stop. If this happens, you will get a re-run.

Depending on the # of cars registered, there may be 2-3 heats. You usually get about four (4) runs in each heat. It may not sound enough but the adrenaline rush you get in each run is enough to last thru the weekend. Trust me, you'll feel great about yourself & your car at the end of the day. And one friendly reminder -- auto-x is addicting!

I'll see if I can find some links on what you need to do to prepare your Z for an auto-x and what you need to focus on as a driver if this is your first time on an auto-x. If you have time, there's already helpful information in the auto-x section of this forum. Be advised that there is a tech inspection of each car conducted at the site to make sure your car is safe for the course so make sure your Z is in very good mechanical condition.

Here are some pics of my Z at the auto-x during the last three months (and yes, the January event was driven in the rain so we did a lot of drifting!):

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2482760/5

Last edited by z-u-later; 03-10-2007 at 07:34 PM.
Old 03-11-2007, 10:23 AM
ravensaxe

Can't wait to go, one week from today!
Old 03-12-2007, 02:27 PM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Im registered! cant wait to go!

also: if anyone is looking for extra wheels to buy i have some 04 tourings for sale. 18 inch? do a search for my for sale thread...im willing to separate as well, need to rears?! let me know? need to replace a curbed front with a clean one? let me know?? PM me if needed.

i would love to sell local versus deal with shipping?!

- Jason!
Old 03-12-2007, 02:29 PM
ravensaxe

If anyone has a Apexi World Sport 2 exhaust for sale in SA or near I will buy it this weekend while I am there, just let me know!
Old 03-12-2007, 04:17 PM
priscilla ls1

I would like to do this are you all going to meet up there I have never done this only drag raced I think my tire setup is not for it so I might not go this time and have to catch up on the next event.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:46 PM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by priscilla ls1
I would like to do this are you all going to meet up there I have never done this only drag raced I think my tire setup is not for it so I might not go this time and have to catch up on the next event.
just come out and give it a whirl.............from my understanding the AT&T parking lot set up is a beginner type course they are gonna have.

For 25 bucks entry fee why not come out and spin the wheels..........

besides.....Registration is online and only holds your place.....you actually have to show up and pay the day of the event (march 18th) between 8-930 am.

I called the guys that run the event today and spoke to them. sure enough when you go online and register you only enter your name on the list...

you dont have to pay online untill the morning of the event...

- J
Old 03-13-2007, 05:01 AM
z-u-later

Originally Posted by priscilla ls1
With your TT, I don't think you need to worry about your tire setup. I'm still running stock rims/tires. Just show up around 8am so you'll have time to prep your Z for the tech inspection. I'll help you guys setup & give you some tips when we walk the course prior to the runs. Just look for my Silverstone Z.

NOTE: Make sure you bring a helmet!!!

We need more 350Zs this Sunday!!! I've had the only 350Z the last few months and I hate being outnumbered by Vettes, Lotuses, EVOs, STIs, etc. Come on out and showcase your Z & driving skills!
Old 03-13-2007, 06:35 AM
Jpc0003

Does anyone know if they will have loaner helmets? This will be my first time going to an AutoX event and I don't wanna drop $200 for a helmet I might only use once. Do I even need a helmet?

Last edited by Jpc0003; 03-13-2007 at 07:26 AM.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:19 AM
z-u-later

Yes, they do have a number of loaner helmets available. Just make sure you show up early so you can snag one before all of them are taken.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:05 PM
ravensaxe

Priscilla please come, I want to check out your TT Z! As I said before I can't wait, as long as I dont get beat by an srt-4 I will be happy!
Old 03-14-2007, 05:30 AM
z-u-later

Here are some helpful links to prepare you for the auto-x this weekend:

WHAT IS AUTOCROSS: http://www.sasportscar.com/forum/Upl...ook.htm#whatis

NOVICE HANDBOOK: http://www.sasportscar.com/forum/Upl...ceHandbook.htm

ANDY HOLLIS' TOP TEN AUTO-X DRIVING TIPS: http://dmvrscca.org/topten.htm

Andy Hollis is from Austin and is a regular in the SA auto-x scene. He has been a National Champion in auto-x. His tips have been quite helpful in helping me improve my driving skills & times in auto-x.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:24 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by z-u-later
Here are some helpful links to prepare you for the auto-x this weekend:

WHAT IS AUTOCROSS: http://www.sasportscar.com/forum/Upl...ook.htm#whatis

NOVICE HANDBOOK: http://www.sasportscar.com/forum/Upl...ceHandbook.htm

ANDY HOLLIS' TOP TEN AUTO-X DRIVING TIPS: http://dmvrscca.org/topten.htm

Andy Hollis is from Austin and is a regular in the SA auto-x scene. He has been a National Champion in auto-x. His tips have been quite helpful in helping me improve my driving skills & times in auto-x.
sweet thanks!
-j
Old 03-16-2007, 07:21 AM
watson22

I've never done this, but I may come by to check it out then eventually get involved in it.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:10 AM
ravensaxe

Originally Posted by watson22
I've never done this, but I may come by to check it out then eventually get involved in it.
I've never done it or been at an event either and I'm running, Only $25 and it's a beginer course, you should run Sunday!

Quick Reply: San Antonio AutoX March 18