Notices

DFW Tech Day

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 12:27 PM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by vietboi817
hmm but damn, I don't think I have a 3.3VLSD. I don't think my 04 Coupe has the vlsd =[
yea, nexx is looking for a vlsd 3.3 out of an automatic......

im guessing yours is manual too...open diff base model with 3.5 gear ratio..

however, either way, I'm sorry 6pm should be about the cut off time...were starting at 9am.....

-J

Last edited by JasonZ-YA; 03-02-2010 at 12:29 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:27 PM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

# --- screen name -real name-- car --- mod to install
1 – JasonZ-YA - Jason – 350z – suspension install mods/arms - will be dropping my car off at ntb down the street once done for alignment. Also clutch bleed with wilwood products mod.
2. Acidjake75 - 350z - rear wiper delete (if its not done already) and help with installs and assist with beer drinkin..
3. - fithamoto - 350z - will just be hanging...can't stay that long

4. - Bluz370 - Corbin - 370z- mods spring mt mod (if its not done yet),and for sure diff and tranny fluid.
5 - Aus10tat10us - Austin - 350z - possibly need help painting headlights and handle, rear coilover adjustment (if not done already and yall can see my stock bumper blacked out and filled...just got it put on today!)
6. - steve or neverlift - 350z - ss brake lines and ss clutch line. Flush clutch and brake fluid.
7. Squeaky350 - jeremy - 350z - rear camber kit and toe bolts. Lower car - coilovers already installed. Stance
8. 3hree5ive0ero - chris - 350z - ss clutch line, flush clutch, hatch shocks (if not done).. Maybe replace bushings
9. 05 ppw z33 - joe - 350z - spl uca's & dehazing headlights and maybe fixing minor scratches

10. Legionnairez - anthony - 350z - would like to see if the dehaze will work. Since the 19s are back on would like to test fit spacers. Stage 2 strut hatch.
11. Mrwatchdawg - mo - 350z - need all fluids changed , and hopefully i can do exhaust if i have it by than
12. Ppat1989 - patrick - replace all 4 brake rotors
13. Zrzly? And christinekay-justin and christine- basic fluid stuffs (oil change, tranny, and maybe clutch fluid. Will bring four jackstands and tools.
14. Nipz - justin - 07350z - learning mod
15.drifter5 - Lee - 03 350Z - For sure...front lower inner control bushings, ss brakelines, and brake flush. Maybe tranny and diff fluid depending how late.
16. Nexx - Jason - stance coilovers and camber kit front and rear. Rear pumpkin swap with someoone with a 3.3 vlsd? any takers????
17. OPEN SPOT!

RSVP LIST - Helper list: - if not working on car - must sign that you are coming!
1. Darkroam - - ---
2. Gibbs
3. open to someone
4. Quakerroatmeal - thinking of bringing some cleaning supplies and showing folks how to properly clean/dry/clay bar/wax a car if anybody is interested.
5. Tsar - maybe coilover / camber arm install.

6. Jlsgoz (jody) i can be a good gopheress
7. Spector - ryan - g35 - possibly rear camber and headlight dehazing
8. Rcasas83 - robert - 350z -maybe install my cai and i wanna see how well the clay bar works
9. syshs - Yash - g35 - no work, possibly bring my DSLR to take pics.

Last edited by JasonZ-YA; 03-04-2010 at 05:45 AM.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:29 PM
tquill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonZ-YA
if your talking about the translink, yes, we can do it that day. we are doing "drifter5's" that day as well.

but like jake said, you have to get the replacment bushing mailed to you by then if you dont have it already...i say call around and overnight it.........."from japan" lol....

na, call Z1 first...see if they have it in stock..

-J
NVM. I just checked knowing that I'd have to get the bushings mailed here quickly... but it seems that mine are still ok at 105K miles. I might do them anyway. Which ones should I order? The whole front complete kit or what?

Anyway, I do have some spark plugs I need installed because when I went to do it myself the other day... I don't know how to access the coilpacks without messing up all the wires and hoses in the way.

Also, I might be buying some struts/shocks this week. I'll probably need help with that as well... if anyone can help at tech day with that, I'd really appreciate it. I'm not sure about springs though, would I need new springs too you think?

Last edited by tquill; 03-02-2010 at 12:31 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:38 PM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by tquill
NVM. I just checked knowing that I'd have to get the bushings mailed here quickly... but it seems that mine are still ok at 105K miles. I might do them anyway. Which ones should I order? The whole front complete kit or what?
thats up to you, but for the most part, its just the inner lower control arm "translink" bushing that is needed for sure.

Anyway, I do have some spark plugs I need installed because when I went to do it myself the other day... I don't know how to access the coilpacks without messing up all the wires and hoses in the way.
we have done that before.....we did chris (fithamoto's) a few months back, not hard at all, but yes, it does get you nervous cause you appear to be removing a lot...we will have people there that have done it before. plus i have super long (15", 18", 20", etc) wobble extensions and spark plug socket to do that job.

Also, I might be buying some struts/shocks this week. I'll probably need help with that as well... if anyone can help at tech day with that, I'd really appreciate it. I'm not sure about springs though, would I need new springs too you think?
What strut/shocks are you buying??? cant answer you with what you wrote?

What do you have now? etc? are you buying lowering springs??

-J
Old 03-02-2010, 12:48 PM
tquill

thats up to you, but for the most part, its just the inner lower control arm "translink" bushing that is needed for sure.
Okay, I'll look into getting at least those before Saturday.

we have done that before.....we did chris (fithamoto's) a few months back, not hard at all, but yes, it does get you nervous cause you appear to be removing a lot...we will have people there that have done it before. plus i have super long (15", 18", 20", etc) wobble extensions and spark plug socket to do that job.
Ah, that'd be great. I took off the plastic engine cover, and said to myself "there's no way I feel comfortable doing this." This repair place down the street would charge $117 for it, so it would be really great if someone could help me out.

What strut/shocks are you buying??? cant answer you with what you wrote?

What do you have now? etc? are you buying lowering springs??

-J
Well I only have stock now (never been replaced)... I'm not sure when they're supposed to be replaced, but something about the front of my car doesn't feel or sound "right." Maybe it's just age (105K miles)... but I don't know.

Someone else on the forum mentioned just buying Monroe struts locally and that it made their car feel pretty great again... so I was thinking of getting those.

As for springs, I don't want my car lowered any... just something to replace OEM (if it even needs replacing). Like I said, I'm not really sure if there's a problem... but there's certainly some squeaky sounds coming from the front every once in a while and it doesn't feel quite right.

Last edited by tquill; 03-02-2010 at 12:49 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:05 PM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Well I only have stock now (never been replaced)... I'm not sure when they're supposed to be replaced, but something about the front of my car doesn't feel or sound "right." Maybe it's just age (105K miles)... but I don't know.

Someone else on the forum mentioned just buying Monroe struts locally and that it made their car feel pretty great again... so I was thinking of getting those.

As for springs, I don't want my car lowered any... just something to replace OEM (if it even needs replacing). Like I said, I'm not really sure if there's a problem... but there's certainly some squeaky sounds coming from the front every once in a while and it doesn't feel quite right.
I would bet money its your shocks - their blown....

just get oem replacements from someone selling a set that are still good.

or

if you do know for sure monroe makes strut assembly shocks that will work then get those...The springs are fine.......those don't get weak or go out per say... so well mount those on monroes or whatever aftermarket shocks you get.

other than that, well inspect every bushing/mount location, steering rack, etc and see if we can find any other issues.....just some Z specific inspection...

ALSO, if you are gonna end up making it out and do these mods, pm me your info like page 1 ask and ill add you to the list in "blue"..

-J

Last edited by JasonZ-YA; 03-02-2010 at 01:06 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:08 PM
tquill

Will do. I appreciate all the help Jason.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:40 PM
vietboi817

yea, nexx is looking for a vlsd 3.3 out of an automatic......

im guessing yours is manual too...open diff base model with 3.5 gear ratio..

however, either way, I'm sorry 6pm should be about the cut off time...were starting at 9am.....

-J
I have an automatic but i dont think i have VLSD
Old 03-02-2010, 07:34 PM
FishBrownie

there is going to be a lot of activity going on over at your place J. Your neighbors will be like wtf, and all of you guys will be standing around like the stick figure from the f*ck yeah thread (for those of you who read the off topic section) Can't wait to see the pics. They need to be put on the main forum instead of just the Texas section to show everyone else how Texas does things!!!! I'm still hating that I'll miss it.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:36 PM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by FishBrownie
there is going to be a lot of activity going on over at your place J. Your neighbors will be like wtf, and all of you guys will be standing around like the stick figure from the f*ck yeah thread (for those of you who read the off topic section) Can't wait to see the pics. They need to be put on the main forum instead of just the Texas section to show everyone else how Texas does things!!!! I'm still hating that I'll miss it.
yeah, for the most part I have already told a lot of neighbors about whats going on.

there is this one old lady that hates the world, so im sure were gonna get crap from her regardless...

Ill have another tech day for sure, and if not, you can come over anytime to work on your ride..

-J
Old 03-03-2010, 06:45 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Default Bring dvd's to play

I WILL BE rolling "SLIDE AMERICA" ON THE GARAGE TV DURING TECH DAY...

I also have "fast and the furious 1-9" lulz, "Gone in 60 seconds" etc..

If anyone has any "Options" videos, etc.........bring them!

-J
Old 03-03-2010, 07:03 AM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

Thumbs up

HOOK IT UP! 2 more days (and a some hours)..

Old 03-03-2010, 07:42 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Also,

Nexx ; Squeaky350 ; Tstar and anyone else doing rear camber arm installs......

I have extra lock out washers I made that I can sell ya Friday if you want them. pm me and let me know, as I only have a few...

-J
Attached Thumbnails DFW Tech Day-lock-out-camber.jpg   DFW Tech Day-dsc00229.jpg   DFW Tech Day-splelz33_2.jpg  
Old 03-03-2010, 07:51 AM
Squeaky350

I will not be installing the rear camber arms this Sat. I do plan on lowering the car back down to a "normal" level. Maybe an oil change if I can find my pan.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:53 AM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

Thumbs up

Also,

I have extra lock out washers I made that I can sell ya Friday if you want them. pm me and let me know, as I only have a few...

-J
J,

I will take a set of the aluminum ones so save me a pair please.

Jake
Old 03-03-2010, 11:15 AM
bluz370

Nexx, If no one wants to swap you, when my 350z gets out of the shop (hopefully next wed) I would be down to swap you. I have an auto 350z, and im selling it soon so the pumpkin doesnt really matter to me.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:36 PM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Looks like it should be great day !
Attached Thumbnails DFW Tech Day-picture-12.jpg  
Old 03-03-2010, 11:34 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by vietboi817
I have an automatic but i dont think i have VLSD
if you have a base i believe you do not have vlsd, if you have an enthusiast, performance, or touring you have vlsd.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:36 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Also,

-J
not sure what they do but yes, if you recommend them, im down to buy.
Old 03-04-2010, 02:42 AM
MrWatchDawg

Nexx, Lets do it than. How much mileage do you have on your thingy? lol not that it matters I guess.

Quick Reply: DFW Tech Day