Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Tail of the Dragon - Official mid-A Caravan Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005 | 07:03 PM
PumpedVA

there went out yellow Z
Old 05-19-2005 | 08:43 AM
stillnz

O yea .....down to a couple of hours before departure.....I cant wait this is going to be freakin awesome... Anyone want to post last minute summary of the important details...I think that would be helpful...thanks
Old 05-19-2005 | 12:37 PM
kcobean
Premier Member

I have put together an information packet that I will hand out to everyone at Manassas tomorrow morning. It has everything you need in it. 4:00 AM at the McDonalds off of exit 47A.

Don't forget to bring your room confirmation sheet, 2-way radios, cell phone/radio/camera chargers, etc. Life is in the details. Gonna be a good time guys!!!
Old 05-19-2005 | 03:31 PM
kcobean
Premier Member

Last post before the Dragon....See you guys in the AM!!!
Old 05-19-2005 | 03:59 PM
PumpedVA

Right behind ya going to bed now. see you guys at 6:30 I should be there welln beforen then just incase somethng comes up
Old 05-19-2005 | 06:24 PM
stillnz

last post ..from work at 10:30....See you guys in the early AM...
Old 05-19-2005 | 06:43 PM
arlingtonz

i am up way too late...that is what i get for procratinating..see you all in the AM
Old 05-19-2005 | 07:16 PM
mdracer76
Banned

You guys have a safe trip and have FUN!
Old 05-19-2005 | 10:04 PM
Sins4u33

sorry guys...i cant make it...last minute family issues and i have a direct flight saturday afternoon to detroit, mi....ughh...this sucks...i was really looking forward to this and i did all this work to my car for nothing...well atleast its done but still...i wish i could make it...someone please take plenty of pictures and video

Ben Y
AAM
Old 05-19-2005 | 10:48 PM
arlingtonz

Ben....sorry you can't make it, but take care of those family issues...you and your Z will be missed but there are more important things. we will do our best to make it seem like you were there.

Brett
Old 05-23-2005 | 06:03 AM
jester7500

Originally Posted by Sins4u33
sorry guys...i cant make it...last minute family issues and i have a direct flight saturday afternoon to detroit, mi....ughh...this sucks...i was really looking forward to this and i did all this work to my car for nothing...well atleast its done but still...i wish i could make it...someone please take plenty of pictures and video

Ben Y
AAM
Sorry you couldn't make it Ben, I hope all is well. We'll probably be starting a new thread for all the pics. I'll save my excitement for the other thread, but we had an great time!!!
Old 05-23-2005 | 06:05 AM
jester7500

Originally Posted by PumpedVA
Right behind ya going to bed now. see you guys at 6:30 I should be there welln beforen then just incase somethng comes up
Hey Toby, what happened??? I hope nothing bad happened for you to be a no-show.
Old 05-23-2005 | 07:29 AM
arlingtonz

Wow, what an unbelievable trip. Met some new people, got to hang around some old friends. It was great. The dragon was definitely the gold standard to which all other drives will be measured against (not that one will ever come close). To those of you who could not make the trip, definitely need to plan for next year. The ride isn't too bad, a jump down 81 and 40. To Jess, Kelly, Hugo, and Mike thanks for making the morning caravan go by quickly, next time I will try to bring 2 ways that will last more than one day . Kelly congrats on the both of the awards, the time and effort you have put into that car is definitely showing and props on actually driving what could be considered a true show car. I really enjoyed my time there and looking forward to next year already. Can't wait to see some of the pictures.
Old 05-23-2005 | 10:36 AM
PumpedVA

Originally Posted by jester7500
Hey Toby, what happened??? I hope nothing bad happened for you to be a no-show.
Well were do I start frist off my exhast got a hole about the size of my thumb in it and sounded like A$$ and at the time (6am) I didnt know what the sound was so I just figured with my luck I should have it looked at. plus got up late and just everything at once made me blow it off
Old 05-23-2005 | 12:21 PM
jester7500

My pics are up here: https://my350z.com/forum/mid-atlantic/124340-zdayz-the-tail-of-the-dragon-pics.html.
Old 05-23-2005 | 04:41 PM
kcobean
Premier Member

Originally Posted by arlingtonz
Wow, what an unbelievable trip. Met some new people, got to hang around some old friends. It was great. The dragon was definitely the gold standard to which all other drives will be measured against (not that one will ever come close). To those of you who could not make the trip, definitely need to plan for next year. The ride isn't too bad, a jump down 81 and 40. To Jess, Kelly, Hugo, and Mike thanks for making the morning caravan go by quickly, next time I will try to bring 2 ways that will last more than one day . Kelly congrats on the both of the awards, the time and effort you have put into that car is definitely showing and props on actually driving what could be considered a true show car. I really enjoyed my time there and looking forward to next year already. Can't wait to see some of the pictures.
All I can say is.....Wow. That was by far the best time I've ever had in a car. Thanks for the props man, I feel very honored for both of the awards. The competition was intense, as there were some REALLY nice cars at this show. The damage on the skirt will get fixed, and I'll be ready for HIN in June. Thanks to all of you guys for such a fun time. It was great gettin' a chance to hang out with all of you.
Old 05-23-2005 | 05:02 PM
jester7500

Just one day after returning from the event, I already can't wait for next year. I'm feening for a couple of dangerous back-to-back curves. Man, the drive to work tomorrow is going to be very boring .
Old 05-23-2005 | 05:15 PM
kcobean
Premier Member

Originally Posted by jester7500
Just one day after returning from the event, I already can't wait for next year. I'm feening for a couple of dangerous back-to-back curves. Man, the drive to work tomorrow is going to be very boring .
Yeah it will. The Z is all detailed and back in the garage. I'll be driving the Probe in the morning.....Yuck.
Old 05-24-2005 | 10:35 AM
stillnz

Hey guys, I just wanted to thank all the guys for making it a great weekend. I am glad that no one got hurt and we all came back in one piece...Sorry about the side skirt Kelly but congrats on your 2 awzzzom awards! Mike, Jess and Brett It was a pleasure riding the tail with you guys and I hope to see you guys at more events. Hopefully when I get a break from work I can post some of my pics. MIke PM me the info for that guy we talked about. For everyone that didnt go, start making plans for next year...this is the best driving you will evr do!
Old 05-24-2005 | 10:41 AM
kcobean
Premier Member

Originally Posted by stillnz
Mike, Jess and Brett It was a pleasure riding the tail with you guys and I hope to see you guys at more events.
Hey....I drove too!!!

Have you guys seen any of the vids in the main thread yet? In one of them, the guys' tires squealed on every sharp turn. We pushed the limits WAY harder than the guys in the vids were pushing and I never heard mine squeal once. I heard some scrubbing, but that's to be expected. How about you guys...any squealing?

Quick Reply: Tail of the Dragon - Official mid-A Caravan Thread