Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

March 18th at Summit Point - anyone interested?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2005 | 06:14 AM
SimplyJ

Default March 18th at Summit Point - anyone interested?

I just signed up for the March 18 FATT at Summit-Point. It's my first track event and I'm pretty excited. I may be heading out there with some Audi guys, but I figured I'd post here to see if any Z's were interested in going.
Old 02-18-2005 | 07:29 AM
jester7500

Finally...they posted the 2005 schedule. I'm definitely attending a FATT sometime this year, but probably not the 18th of March. It'll be my first time on the track, so I'm excited as well. I guess I should start looking for a helmet .
Old 02-18-2005 | 07:41 AM
kcobean
Premier Member

I did a two day driving school at Summit with the Mazda club back when I had my RX-7 TurboII. We were on the small track, Jefferson Circuit, but it was still lots of fun. I'm a little paranoid about taking my car out on a road course because if I ever leave the track, that'll be all she wrote for a really expensive bumper and probably side-skirts. That's the bad part of this body kit, it's not real practical.

The guy who sits in the office next to me is a licensed instructor who races SCCA spec RX-7's and he instructs sometimes at the FATTs because they get free track time by doing so.

Maybe one of these days, I'll just say screw it and go. I still have my stock bumper, so maybe I can put it back on just for the day.

You should talk to John (screen name John ). He is a big time road course racer with his car and probably knows more about Summit that anyone here.