Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

awesome drive route

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 01:27 PM
nashjam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default awesome drive route

Hey guys I got bored this afternoon after hours of detailing the car, so I grabbed the map and went for a drive. I'll give you the route I took in a minute but let me describe it to you first (if I can). It was FREAKIN AWESOME! tons of twisties, grade changes, blind and some nearly 90 degree turns, straight aways, hills, in the woods, I could keep going on and on but I think you're starting to get the idea. I'm a pretty confident driver, but I'm also cautious. This ended up being a very challenging drive and it was really only about 10-15 miles at the most. Ok here's the route.

I live in Lorton so started at 95 and Lorton Rd (exit 163).
Lorton to Ox Rd.
Left on Ox rd.
Left on Hampton Rd. (so much fun I almost crapped my pants)
This goes along the edge of Fountainhead Regional Park
Left on Henderson Rd. (more fun)
Right on Clifton Rd.
Right on Wolf Run Shoales Rd.
Left back onto Henderson Rd (awesome awesome rd)
Right back onto Ox rd.
From here you could repeat the fun or drive off to another wonderful
location.

This was an awesome run. I'm thinking about making it a Sunday fun run whenever I'm bored. BTW I checked the 10 day forcast (not that you can really put any stock into such a thing) but next Sun looks to be pretty nice. If anyone wants to meet up let and try this out let me know.
Old 04-10-2005, 02:45 PM
vlm7

I ran through that area on Sat, and there def. are tons of good roads. Incorporate Chapel Rd. into the drive, as it has a couple nice undulations were you can def. lose your stomach, and contact with the road if you aren't careful. Watch out for cops though. When I get greedy and try to make a second pass through the area, there often are cops lurking about (I think residents call them when they hear folks running through).
Old 04-10-2005, 02:52 PM
nashjam

I was checking the speed limit on Hampton and Henderson and it was listed as 45 on both which is surprising with how curvey and narrow the lanes are. I'm not sure that I really hit above 50 on either. It'd be a good challenge to go much faster than that without being absolutely familiar with the roads.
Old 04-10-2005, 07:50 PM
vlm7

Without saying how fast I went, let's just say dbl - that was when I was chasing a buddy in his 330, so if there was a cop, he'd have hopefully pulled him over. You know you're on a good road that others have enjoyed when there's a sign that says $200 extra for speeding.