Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Capital 350Z / G35 Club Organizational Meeting

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 10:54 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pdjafari
^^Kelly, i apologize!! I checked out the site a few weeks back and saw the banner had changed and figured you didnt want one anymore!! Give me a break down on what types of things you want me to work on and i'll get right at it!!
Well, the banner that is up there now is better, but it's still not professional caliber stuff. If you could make a banner with the same dimensions (the theme in use is a little finicky) that incorporates the Z, the G, and something DC-ish and make it looks artsy, that would be really cool.

I'd also love for some members to start using the Gallery and let me know what you think. You'd be the first G to do so. I'm working on a FAQ of how to create albums and publish them so everyone can see them. A few people have created albums, but because they didn't check the right boxes, nobody else can see them.
Old 05-02-2005, 11:20 AM
valdeztke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I did mine right..
Old 05-02-2005, 11:25 AM
kcobean

Originally Posted by valdeztke
I think I did mine right..
Yep...You are in fact the first to publish an album that can be seen by the world (except for me of course!)
Old 05-02-2005, 01:10 PM
SEzzz

i can't get the forum link to work?

also, is the gallery in the forum?
Old 05-02-2005, 01:53 PM
kcobean

Originally Posted by SEzzz
i can't get the forum link to work?

also, is the gallery in the forum?
What do you mean you can't get the forum link to work? What happens when you click on the forum link in the main menu on the left hand side? The forum is working fine for me. Can you provide some more information?

The Gallery has it's own link, right below the link for the forum in the main menu.

Are we looking at the same site?

Oh, I also see that you haven't registered for the site yet. There are some things you can't get to as an anonymous user.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:55 PM
SEzzz

maybe not, i'm looking at the one in your profile. what's the link to the site you're talking about?
Old 05-02-2005, 02:01 PM
kcobean

Originally Posted by SEzzz
maybe not, i'm looking at the one in your profile. what's the link to the site you're talking about?
http://www.capital350zclub.com , or for the G35 folks... http://www.capitalg35club.com
Old 05-02-2005, 02:11 PM
SEzzz

ahhhhh, now i'm at the right place. got it. thanks.

correct me if i'm wrong but you still owe me a hot-dog
Old 05-02-2005, 03:03 PM
dynamic6er

Does anyone object to me showing up in a more vender/sponsor type role? You know I love the Z/G's so its all good, just don't want to step on any toes. AAM would like to do whatever we can to support the Z/G community.
Old 05-02-2005, 03:35 PM
SEzzz

i think vendor support would be good
Old 05-02-2005, 06:18 PM
kcobean

Originally Posted by dynamic6er
Does anyone object to me showing up in a more vender/sponsor type role? You know I love the Z/G's so its all good, just don't want to step on any toes. AAM would like to do whatever we can to support the Z/G community.
Well, the goal of the meeting is to discuss the formation and activities of a non-profit car club and what the attendees bring to the table in that regard. I'm sure at some point, the club will be approaching all the local shops to host or sponsor tech-sessions or even meetings. If you have any ideas along those lines, it'd be great to hear them, so the "sponsor" role sounds great. I think there are probably more appropriate times for the vendor role where you might offer products or services (or discounts on one or both) to club members once a club exists. The more support we get, the better the club will be, but there's a lot of work to do before we reach that point.

Sound reasonable?

Last edited by kcobean; 05-02-2005 at 06:26 PM.
Old 05-02-2005, 08:32 PM
dynamic6er

Originally Posted by kcobean
Well, the goal of the meeting is to discuss the formation and activities of a non-profit car club and what the attendees bring to the table in that regard. I'm sure at some point, the club will be approaching all the local shops to host or sponsor tech-sessions or even meetings. If you have any ideas along those lines, it'd be great to hear them, so the "sponsor" role sounds great. I think there are probably more appropriate times for the vendor role where you might offer products or services (or discounts on one or both) to club members once a club exists. The more support we get, the better the club will be, but there's a lot of work to do before we reach that point.

Sound reasonable?
Definetly...I was using the terms sponsor/vender interchangably...sorry if that confused it. I don't expect to really even do anything but listen so I can know the best way we can help. Will that work?

Last edited by dynamic6er; 05-02-2005 at 08:35 PM.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:06 AM
kcobean

Originally Posted by dynamic6er
Definetly...I was using the terms sponsor/vender interchangably...sorry if that confused it. I don't expect to really even do anything but listen so I can know the best way we can help. Will that work?
Definitely! AAM is one of the most active shops as far as "the community" goes, so I hope that the club and your shop can have a long, happy, mutually beneficial relationship, and I hope we can build similar relationships with other shops as well, since that's what would ultimately be best for the members.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:16 AM
stillnz

Hey guys I'm in too, I would love to help out in anyway that I can. I think that a logo to represent all of us is a must and I am sure everyone would be proud to rock one.
Old 05-06-2005, 04:46 AM
kcobean

So the publisher of Sport Z Magazine (Robert Bell) contacted me a few days ago. Apparently, he saw this thread and was gracious enough to do two things. First he sent me the last 4 issues of SZM. What a great magazine! It has a club section that highlights the activities and accomplishments of one or more Z clubs every edition. There are some good ideas in these magazines. I will definitely bring them to the dinner on the June 3rd so people can take a look and pass 'em around. Second, he has offered to introduce me to Art Singer, Associate Publisher of SZM at ZDayz at Tail of the Dragon. Apparently, Art is a virtual encyclopedia of club how-to's and activities. I'll do my best to pick his brain for good advice and I'll bring whatever I learn to the table on the 3rd.

Until I looked through these magazines, I never realized just how many Z clubs there are out there and the kinds of stuff they do. Having seen a small sample though, I'm really excited at the potential we have here in the Capital Area to do good stuff with this club.

Looking forward to seeing you all on the 3rd!
Old 05-06-2005, 09:34 AM
Sins4u33

Great to hear Kelly! ive been dieing to get a subscription to that magazine....maybe i will now though :-D thanks for the motivation of opening my wallet once again kelly

Ben Y
AAM
Old 05-06-2005, 10:27 AM
stillnz

Hey guys there is a Z club of northern VA that has been around for a long time. This is all generation Z's. They meet every 2nd wed. of the month at Kilroys off Braddock in the Ravensworth shopping center.at 7:00pm. I have not attended any meets because I have had to work late those days, however one of the guys that sits on the board works in my office, I think he may even be the VP, he owns 3 Z's but anyways he extended an invite to any of us that would like to go and check it out. I think it would be a good opportunity for us young guys to go and pick the brains of some of these older cats that have the same love for the Z that we do. May be we can even work something out between the two clubs.
www.zcarclubnova.org
Next meet is this coming Wed the 11th. I plan on going if anyone else would like to come please do so. Im sure we will be in for a treat if these guys bring out their 280s and 300s
Old 05-06-2005, 12:24 PM
valdeztke

No offense to those guys but that crowd looks 3 times older than most of us ... lol
Old 05-07-2005, 05:32 PM
kcobean

Yeah, I don't know about you guys, but I personally skip over anything 'older Z' related, except maybe the 300 or 300TT. The Z club of NoVA, from what I understand, is comprised mostly of the older generation cars, with just one or two 350Z's. We're a new breed, so we need a new club. It would be cool to meet with those guys though, and get a few ideas and maybe work out some synergy between the two clubs.
Old 05-11-2005, 03:28 PM
350zWarz

whats up fellas i just joined the site, looks good...i know i'm a little ways away but i think its the closest club to me

Quick Reply: Capital 350Z / G35 Club Organizational Meeting