Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Capital 350Z / G35 Club Organizational Meeting

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 01:37 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sins4u33
whens the next club meeting? or organized meeting if were not considered a club yet?

Ben Y
AAM
Hey Ben, I think according to our planned schedule, the next meeting is supposed to be this Wednesday....I may have a conflict (ask Dave for details). How is everyone else looking for Wednesday? Do we need to push this out until the last Wed. of the month?
Old 06-13-2005, 03:21 PM
jester7500

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought we were having the meetings on the 2nd and last Wednesday of the month, which means it'll be next Wednesday. I may be able to make it this Wednesday, but I plan on working a late day.
Old 06-13-2005, 05:10 PM
kcobean

Originally Posted by jester7500
I thought we were having the meetings on the 2nd and last Wednesday of the month, which means it'll be next Wednesday. I may be able to make it this Wednesday, but I plan on working a late day.
Dang, you're right....I didn't realize that. Cool.....problem solved!!!
Old 06-14-2005, 11:35 AM
C-Lawd

Folks,

I apologize in advance if this has already been addressed and/or if this offends anyone, but if the "Capital G/Z Club" is supposed to represent the U.S. Capitol region, shouldn't it be spelled C-a-p-i-t-O-l instead of C-a-p-i-t-A-l?
Old 06-14-2005, 11:38 AM
valdeztke

http://www.precisionproofreading.com...%20capitol.htm

fyi for miss spelling..
Old 06-14-2005, 11:50 AM
kcobean

Yes, I was very careful to verify this before I started talking about it....

Capital refers to a city that is a national or state "seat of power", but capitol refers to the building where the legislative bodies conduct their busines...

It just kinda works out that there's a picture of the capitol on the logo for the capitalZ/G club.
Old 06-14-2005, 11:57 AM
C-Lawd

Originally Posted by valdeztke
That's a great link. Thanks!
Old 06-14-2005, 12:19 PM
C-Lawd

Originally Posted by kcobean
Yes, I was very careful to verify this before I started talking about it....

Capital refers to a city that is a national or state "seat of power", but capitol refers to the building where the legislative bodies conduct their busines...

It just kinda works out that there's a picture of the capitol on the logo for the capitalZ/G club.
Again, thanks!

I know "capital" refers to a city (among other things), every US state has one. And in each one of those capitals, there is probably a capitol building. But in this case, I suppose I am referring to the nomenclature used by the many federal agencies in the DC area. They call it the "National Capitol Region" in reference to the region near and around the US Capitol building.

Either way, it is great to have organizations that support these bad-a$$ cars we drive!!!
Old 06-14-2005, 07:56 PM
stillnz

so is there a meeting on the 15th or not?
Old 06-15-2005, 12:00 AM
kcobean

Originally Posted by stillnz
so is there a meeting on the 15th or not?
LOL, no there is no meeting tonight. I just can't read a calendar The 4th Wed. of the month is next week, so we should plan for that. Here's the items that we left with from last meet:

1. We're going to create an actual calendar of events for at least the next quarter. I will bring a printed calendar that we can mark up. For anything that will be a regularly recurring event, we should plan out 6 months, possibly more.

2. We're all going to bring a written list of event possibilities that the club can do/sponsor/support, etc. This is our brainstorming list that should be realistic but creative. If you suggest it, you should be willing to help research/support/organize/conduct/whatever the event. Details help here because they'll give the group an idea of what's involved as far as funds, staffing, time, etc.

3. We'll review logo possibilities. I know Carlos and a few other people have created, or have expressed an interest in creating a logo for consideration. If we are able to reach a unanimous decision based on the designs presented, we'll do that. We should pick (if they don't become apparent from the logo) some club colors. I will use these to "extreme makeover" the web-site.

4. I will provide more information regarding non-profit status and we will discuss this possibility.

5. We will talk about (again) the 'club perks' that we want to try and offer our members.

6. We will decide on a "go-live" date for the club. Whether we decide to go NPO (non-profit org) or not, we can pick this date. If we do decide to go NPO, we can still "go-live" and just be "NPO Status Pending". Whatever go live date we choose, charter members need to be prepared to pay their club dues on or around that date.

7. As mentioned in #6, we need to finalize a dues schedule for both the charter and non-charter members as well as discuss a stepping rate reduction as the club gains momentum.

8. We need to discuss and put in place a plan to "advertise" our club to the rest of the world so that we can get bigger than just the current "round-table members".

9. We will discuss the key positions within the club and possibly try to fill them. These positions may include any of the following: President, VP, Secretary, Treasurer, Events Coordinator, and any others we can think of that are needed to make things run, and GROW! If you're interested in any of these, keep in mind that it will come with some responsibilities and activities that you will need to ensure are met and accomplished, so don't take this lightly. We want people to see that we are a well organized, well run and active club.

If I'm forgetting anything, post up! Let's also try and get a roll-call of who's coming to next week's meeting. It would be great to have everyone who was at the last meeting at a minimum (since we all agreed on the schedule ) and as many other folks who expressed interest but didn't make it out. Bring something to write with, and be prepared to leave with homework. The more work we do now the better the club will be to attract new membership and provide good-times for everyone.

Looking forward to seeing you guys!
Old 06-15-2005, 05:28 PM
greatniz

Hey so i am new to the whole meet thing... maybe this is already answered but were is the meet next wednesday... and what time...
Old 06-15-2005, 06:13 PM
kcobean

Originally Posted by greatniz
Hey so i am new to the whole meet thing... maybe this is already answered but were is the meet next wednesday... and what time...
Howdy, welcome to the forums! The meet next Wednesday is an organizational meet. The club is still in the process of being put together, so the meetings for now are really targeted for people who want to take a serious, work related role in getting the club started. The monthly club meetings for members will begin in the next couple of months (hopefully by mid-summer). If you're interested, we'd love to have you, but this isn't a meeting to come and talk cars....yet.

That said, the meeting is at the Fudruckers on Spring Hill Road in Tysons Corner behind the Jaguar dealership at 7:30 PM.
Old 06-15-2005, 08:00 PM
05-Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be there and I'll tell the manager to play better music next time
Old 06-16-2005, 01:35 AM
valdeztke

CALENDAR?!?! Should I bring one?
Old 06-16-2005, 05:20 AM
kcobean

Originally Posted by valdeztke
CALENDAR?!?! Should I bring one?
Did you read #70?
Old 06-16-2005, 05:31 AM
valdeztke

O ....duh ..
Old 06-16-2005, 05:36 AM
arlingtonz

I am a lock. I will see you guys next wednesday, if not before...
Old 06-20-2005, 05:01 AM
jester7500

Sorry but I can't make it to this Wednesday's meeting, I'm going to be in San Diego . Kelly, I PM'ed you with some of my contributions and ideas.

Hope the meeting is productive.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:33 AM
valdeztke

Ill be there ..
Old 06-20-2005, 09:39 AM
stillnz

See you guys wednesday

Quick Reply: Capital 350Z / G35 Club Organizational Meeting