Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Mid-A Detailing Day

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005 | 06:40 PM
theguykevin

i met some of you @ manassas drift thing today

name : kevin
food : some sausages...
that's it!

wow i wont be the only G owner see ya~
Old 06-05-2005 | 07:18 PM
valdeztke

I thought we were just going to drop it off there. Kelly and Mike were going to clean them up while we ate and watched TV ?
Hmm this isnt sounding so good now ...
Old 06-06-2005 | 06:50 AM
kcobean
Premier Member

Originally Posted by valdeztke
I thought we were just going to drop it off there. Kelly and Mike were going to clean them up while we ate and watched TV ?
Hmm this isnt sounding so good now ...
You can leave it here. No guarantee on how the car will look, but we'll take care of it. (I'm sorry Mr. Barnett, I don't know where that supercharger went.)
Old 06-06-2005 | 06:52 AM
valdeztke

Now Kelly what would you want with a SC ...you are getting your Turbonetics kit....... in time for the new Skyline release ..
Old 06-06-2005 | 06:53 AM
kcobean
Premier Member

One word for you Juan...."Resale"
Old 06-06-2005 | 06:59 AM
valdeztke

So your neighbors arent going to let us utilize their driveways as well?
Well darn ... lol
Oh and I think we should have a calendar out at the detail day , if ya know what I mean!
Old 06-07-2005 | 03:49 PM
glide

Damn, though my car is perfect, I was planning on a meet and greet. Oh well, maybe next time.
Old 06-07-2005 | 07:06 PM
kcobean
Premier Member

Originally Posted by glide
Damn, though my car is perfect, I was planning on a meet and greet. Oh well, maybe next time.
Hey John, we don't have any more room to get cars in for "detailing", but if you wanna swing by, there will be parking on the street (it's a very quiet single family home street, so there's plenty of street-side parking). I'd hate to turn a new member away. We wanna meet you, so stop by if you get a chance. Ok?
Old 06-07-2005 | 09:08 PM
SimplyJ

i just dropped off my console at the bodyshop today... should be done by this weekend. I hope to have it all installed by sunday for the detailing day

Rear brembos should be going on tomorrow as well if all goes well at the machine shop.
Old 06-08-2005 | 06:32 AM
glide

Cool beans! I'll try to stop by. Thanks! I was thinking of getting the Random cats for my car too. We'll talk.
Old 06-09-2005 | 04:17 PM
jester7500

What time are we planning to start?
Old 06-09-2005 | 04:40 PM
kcobean
Premier Member

I'd like to have people start showing up no earlier than noon. That will give me a chance to get home and get things set up. That gives us enough hours that eveyone can get some work in.

BTW, I'd like to throw out a request that if anyone has a hose they can bring, that would be ideal. If we had one more, we could have two hoses running at the same time. It would considerably speed up the process.
Old 06-09-2005 | 05:34 PM
manofsteele2003

Hey I'm going to drop off my PC buffer for you guys, did you guys need some buffing pads to go with it or is Meguiars going to supply some?
Old 06-09-2005 | 05:38 PM
kcobean
Premier Member

Originally Posted by manofsteele2003
Hey I'm going to drop off my PC buffer for you guys, did you guys need some buffing pads to go with it or is Meguiars going to supply some?
That's great man. Thanks! I'll let Mike speak for Meguiars, but if you have some you could bring "Just in case" that would be awesome. If we don't use them, we'll return them with the buffer.
Old 06-09-2005 | 05:39 PM
mdracer76
Banned

I have a few.. and I asked for a few.. hopefully I will know what we have by tomorrow .
If you decide to drop off a few pads.. can you make sure you mark them with your initials somewhere?

Old 06-09-2005 | 07:26 PM
Aurora40

Hi all, Mike had mentioned to me about this event this weekend. It should be a great time. I'm not a Z owner... well I have a "Z", but not the same kind... Anyway, I'm a guy who enjoys detailing.

Since Mike had mentioned it, I figured I'd see if there was a thread on it here as I know this is his fave 350Z site. So I thought it better to just register and post rather than try to remember to tell him it at work. I have a couple of suggestions which you are free to ignore:

- The two things that will go fast are towels and foam applicators (and to some extent PC pads, though you can use those on more than one car as long as it's the same product and no one drops it). You won't have time to clean them so you will need LOTS of them.

- Everyone should wash their car prior to coming, especially if you aren't starting in the morning. It takes entirely too much time to wash cars, plus you'll have water in seams and all sorts of other issues. Show up in a clean car IF you want it to get worked on, and then it can just be wiped down with QD and towels before beginning (this goes fast with a lot of people).

- You might consider trying to start early, or at least for folks who can make it early (like 8-9am). For one, it will get hotter as the day goes on, and polishing and waxing hot panels is harder and more prone to errors. For two, you'd be surprised how long it will take to do 10 people's cars, even with a lot of helpers. One garage means basically one car can have the paint worked on at a time (unless your driveway is really shady but also not prone to crud blowing off trees onto it?)

Lastly, expect to have fun and learn a lot. I think if you went to 10 of these, you'd learn some new trick at each one.
Old 06-09-2005 | 07:43 PM
mdracer76
Banned

Heya Bob!

I was gonna send you this post tomorrow at work

I def. agree that most guys shoud come washed. I should have some quick detailer.. but it wont hurt to bring some of your own

Like I said in a proir post.... bring PLENTY of Microfiber Towels with you

I think that Kelly will have a tent set up as well, so we can have one car in the garage and one under the tent.

Bob is a detailing Guru. Thanks for the advice man!
Old 06-09-2005 | 07:49 PM
arlingtonz

Originally Posted by kcobean
So here's a new tally of the people who have said they are coming.....

Mike (350Z)
Jess (350Z)
Juan (350Z)
Kelly (350Z)
Mason (350Z)
Jason (350Z)
Puria (G35)
Casey (350Z)
Hugo (350Z)
Alain (Bringing the van )
Byrnie (G35)
Yo Kelly, I was still planning on coming but didn't see my name on the list....is that cool?
Old 06-09-2005 | 07:57 PM
Aurora40

Originally Posted by mdracer76
I def. agree that most guys shoud come washed. I should have some quick detailer.. but it wont hurt to bring some of your own
What did I tell you about trying to horn in on my Final Detail stash??

I'll definitely bring some QD and some Ultimate Wipes and some foam apps. If anyone will be travelling kind of far, I will bring some Protect-All Quick and Easy Wash. It's a faster, easier way to clean a mildly to moderately dirty car without the water-spot or water-in-the-seams issues of hose washing.

I don't know what the heck products Nissan people tend to use, but I'll try to bring a few odds and ends that folks can try out.

Someone should also bring some masking tape, though I will try to remember this as well. Nothing says fun like a side-by-side on a hood. You can really see the before/after affect.
Old 06-09-2005 | 08:03 PM
mdracer76
Banned

So your gonna be able to come? This should be great!

I'll tell you guys now.. Bob has forgotten more about detailing than I even know! (translation .. he's DAMN good!) He's even flown out to CA and gone to some detailing workshops thrown by Meguiars.

This is gonna be a good time

Quick Reply: Mid-A Detailing Day