Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Good service experience at Jim Coleman Infiniti today

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005 | 12:22 PM
yacoub

Default Good service experience at Jim Coleman Infiniti today

Went in for oil change, alignment, and rattle that sounded like something hitting an exhaust pipe at low rpm. Such a nasty rattle sound for a luxury coupe to make. Kinda embarassing as it got worse over the past few weeks

Anyway, I specifically requested that they print out the alignment before and after data, and when I got back to pick up my car I was told the tech didn't print it properly but before I could say anything the advisor gave me what the tech was able to print, but said that since the tech didn't do what I had requested, the alignment was on the dealership. I was kinda speechless cuz usually that service costs a bit at a dealer and I wasn't even upset or anything about their mistake with the alignment paperwork.

The exhaust rattle turned out to be a bad muffler which they replaced under warranty so that was taken care of as well.

Fitz is no longer the red team service advisor but he's still around and I'm sure he was instrumental in taking care of the alignment cost like that. He's a great guy to deal with, so seek him out. Aaron is the advisor who took over Fitz's old spot and Fitz assists him from time to time. They've both been good to deal with. Thanks to Pratik here for recommending Fitz at JCI initially last Fall when I was looking for a dealer to service my G at.

So yeah, that was a pleasant experience and much more than I expected from them after their initial comments about not having enough loaner cars and being unwilling to pay for an Enterprise rental car (other brand dealerships have done that in the past when they run out of loaners but apparently JCI does not). I got a ride from a friend at work so it wasn't a huge deal and the exceptional service experience made up for the negative vibe I had from them before I brought the car in. I guess with a good service dept they're going to be booked pretty deep for loaners.
Old 07-08-2005 | 06:44 AM
yacoub

Oh and my Low Tire Pressure warning went off yesterday as I was leaving work. Pulled back into the parking lot and checked the tire pressures and sure enough I had one going flat (20psi and dropping). Eventually found a nice big screw in the meat of the tread. Called Roadside. They took over an hour to get to me but they flatbedded her down to the dealer. Called the dealer earlier to let them know and they said no problem we'll look at it first thing in the morning. Called them this morning and they called me back within a few minutes, tire plugged and ready to go. Went down there and no charge for anything. Rock on! Another good experience... though clearly I would have preferred to not have had to go there twice in two days.

So props to the TPWS for actually working and alerting me to a flat, Roadside for being willing to tow it to the dealer free of charge for a flat fix, and JCI for fixing it goodwill.