Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

MD/DC/VA meeting in Columbia on Sunday

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 06:08 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VaGentleman
I didn't have wheel locks...I thought "Who would want wheels that are unique to the Z...especially when there are so few Z's on the road?" If you happen to see any Honda/Acura ricers out there with 17" stock Z wheels...be suspicious!!

I'm having not 1, but 2 wheel locks for each wheel installed. Also, I'm going to have a nice proximity alarm installed w/ an LCD pager that shows me which zone is being "violated". I wanted to find a system that allowed me to record a message for anyone getting too close, but no luck. They will initially just get a "chirp".

It happened sometime between 5pm Monday and 6:30am Tuesday...IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE!!

I live in a townhome community that is well lit. Guess because it's winter, less chance of people walking their dogs or having their dogs out in the backyard to make noise.

My neighbor rang the door bell at 6:30 am and told me. There was a rock under the middle of the left rocker panel and a jack in the middle of the right *the car is well balanced, so nothing was touching the ground*. Sprinkled around the car were 18 lug nuts so I lost 2 of them. The jack they left is nice...looks new. 2 ton capacity.

After calling the police and my insurance company, I called my Nissan dealer. Great folks...they got me 3 donuts to use with my spare tire so that I could get it on a flat bed and towed to them.

Strange thing, the tow truck driver told me it was the 2nd Z he has towed that had lost its wheels *the other one in Alexandria also*. The lady who owned that one, though, did not get donuts, she had it DRAGGED onto the flat bed. She assumed that the insurance company would pay for the extra damage. (I DON'T THINK SO!!)

The appraiser came by Thursday and left estimate (about $3,800 for the wheels and tires...that little "Z" emblem in the middle of the wheels is separate and goes for $25 each!).

I called the dealer Friday and they already had my 4 tires and 2 wheels. The other 2 wheels are on their way from Dallas. Hopefully it will be ready early next week.

Oh well, fool me once shame on you...fool me twice shame on me!

At least no damage was done to the body or the rotors etc.

It will be nice to get back in the saddle...been styling in a rented Saturn..... most embarrasing!!

VG
That I miss...