Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Virginia International Raceway - Feb 11-12 HPDE

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 06:56 AM
Stack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Virginia International Raceway - Feb 11-12 HPDE

Hey guys... sorry, I don't get on this forum much - but wanted to inform you guys of our High Performance Driver's Education event at VIR Full Course Feb 11-12, 2006

If you don't know about VIR... check this out: www.virclub.com

We're renting the track for the weekend and hosting driving and classroom sessions so you can experience this world class track first-hand. Those of you not familiar with our events, you can get all the details at www.timetrials.net - basically, you bring your car, a helmet, and a desire to learn... show up and have a good time!

You'll get three 30 minute driving sessions each day, along with proffessional classroom instruction between sessions. You'll have an in-car instructor with you at all times. Our run groups are seperated by experience level, so the only pressure is what you put on yourself. We teach smoothness, proper line and technique... we do not teach racing.

Price for this event is $285 if you're driving a Z or a G, $305 if not (member/non-member). Your entry fee gets you a t-shirt and a spot at the Saturday night banquet. Extra shirts can be purchased for $18, banquet tickets for $15.

Registration is done online through www.motorsportreg.com (and is already filling up)

Feel free to email/post/PM me with any questions or concerns
Old 11-29-2005, 07:06 AM
DeeZ

damn sounds nice, if i have my car by then i will go for sure!!!
Old 11-29-2005, 10:28 AM
BamBam

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question

Stack,

Did I misread the requirements... Would there be any problems with bringing a convertible? I thought I read that I needed a rollcage, harness bar & harness, helmet and transponder...? Maybe I am getting the events mixed up?

If I can bring my roadster as is.... Sign me up man.... (I will sign myself up, just need to know my car does not have to meet the above requirements.)

Thanks,
--Brent
Old 11-29-2005, 10:45 AM
Stack

Brent... sorry for the confusion...

To 'participate' in the event, yes, you'd need an SCCA spec 4-point roll bar and proper helmet (harnesses and transponder are only for the optional time-trial participants.)

My offer to come to the event above was simply an encouragment for you to come down and visit while we are there, and I can get you a ride with one of our instructors during one of their sessions.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:02 PM
BamBam

Stack,

Not a problem, that is what I figured your invitation was for in the other thread. I did read further into the requirements and have downloaded your Tech form and Specs. I will see what my fabricators can come up with. I do need to find the exact specs for the rollcage so I can be sure we make something that meets the necessary Drag and Road racing requirements.

If I get this next contract and can be sure I will be in the country in Feb, I will definitely come down to visit you all at VIR. I look forward to hanging out with you guys then.

Regards,
Brent Metro
Old 12-03-2005, 07:51 PM
2003z

I'll be there, just don't know if it will be the snot rocket or the C6 this time.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:54 AM
Stack

<bump>
This event is filling up quickly... we have over 100 cars signed up currently, of those about 75 are students... we've added a fourth student run group to increase capacity without impacting run group density... so there's still room if you want in on the event

Online registration done here: http://www.motorsportreg.com/calenda...96B61537F0F4D9

If you are driving a Z, use the 'member' pricing of $285... you won't find an HPDE at a nicer track for two days for any less (granted, it will be colder than a witches titty... but hey, thats the price you pay to play).
Old 12-15-2005, 01:45 PM
BamBam

Stacy,

Man, I REALLY want to do this, but I am not sure if I can get the rollbar installed by then. Can you clarify something for me... Do I need a Roll-Cage or can I get away with a rollbar?

I guess I will just have to wait until I get a better idea from my cage builder.

--Brent
Old 12-15-2005, 03:08 PM
jun14scr

darn. i'm doing the 18-19 event. i could have saved myself $25!
Old 12-15-2005, 05:04 PM
Stack

Originally Posted by BamBam
Stacy,

Man, I REALLY want to do this, but I am not sure if I can get the rollbar installed by then. Can you clarify something for me... Do I need a Roll-Cage or can I get away with a rollbar?

I guess I will just have to wait until I get a better idea from my cage builder.

--Brent
For those other people reading: this ONLY applies to convertibles and/or cars participating in our optional time trial

This gets into semantics a little... you do not need a 'cage' KEEP READING A CAGE is generally recognized as 6-point or more, including bars running from the firewall, up the A-pillars, along the roofline, then back down to the floor behind the seats as well as diagonals to the rear unibody structure.

Click here for a picture of a 'CAGE'

You DO need a 4-point, structural roll bar. A ROLL BAR is generally recognized as attached at four points, two vertical tubes behind the seats extending up to the roofline and across, with two diagonal tubes extending rearward into the trunk or hatch area. All four points must be bolted or welded to the frame or unibody. These should include a diagonal brace running from one lower point to one upper point long the main hoop.

This roll bar is essentiall the exact same design as the cage only WITHOUT the tubing in front of the seats.

For our events, it must meet SCCA Time Trial roll bar specifiactions... Go here: http://www.scca.org/_filelibrary/File/2005SoloRules.pdf then click on the roll-bar specifications tab, or go to page 235 for their explaination

Hope this clears things up.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:46 PM
baileyrx

not sure I want to do the full course again...
what's going on, on the 18-19th?
Old 12-15-2005, 07:56 PM
Stack

Originally Posted by baileyrx
not sure I want to do the full course again...
what's going on, on the 18-19th?
NASA Mid-Atlantic (www.nasaracing.net)

TZC/THSCC be on North Course in April - then down at Roebling in June (our very first instructor clinic BTW on Friday June 16th for advanced level drivers), then Rockingham in November
Old 12-15-2005, 09:30 PM
BamBam

Stacy,

Thank you for the clarification. I will be doing the structural roll-bar to meet your time trial specifications. I think I can get one of those made for my roadster by Feb...

Thanks again.

Regards,
Brent