Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Official mid-A 2006 ZDayz at Tail of the Dragon thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005 | 09:35 PM
glide

Sounds like fun! Never saw any point to doing this road on the Harley, but the Z...Yea! Will this event fill up, ie do I need to register? Anyway, now I'll get the latest info. Anybody camping?
Old 12-22-2005 | 05:19 AM
kcobean
Premier Member

Originally Posted by glide
Sounds like fun! Never saw any point to doing this road on the Harley, but the Z...Yea! Will this event fill up, ie do I need to register? Anyway, now I'll get the latest info. Anybody camping?
AFAIK, the event itself has no attendance limit, so it won't fill up, but I would book your cabin/room as early as possible because Fontana Village Resort will likely fill up quickly. And no, I won't be camping this year.
Old 12-22-2005 | 06:29 AM
PumpedVA

I am having a hard time downloading the rejistration form off the web site. can somebody help out? My PC is all messed up and I get one emailed to me? tpumped@comcast.net
Old 12-22-2005 | 06:34 AM
PumpedVA

also everybody booking rooms for friday and sat only right?
Old 12-22-2005 | 06:44 AM
jmark

I am looking forward to this....So's my son.
Old 12-22-2005 | 07:08 AM
jester7500

Originally Posted by PumpedVA
also everybody booking rooms for friday and sat only right?
Yup I think that's the plan...arrive Friday afternoon, then leave Sunday around noonish.
Old 12-22-2005 | 07:18 AM
Stack

Hey guys... couple things...

Please go ahead and register for the event... while there really is no 'maximum' as far as the event itself goes, the more people that register early, the better the event will be because Andy and the rest of the ZDayZ crew will have a better idea of who's coming (making sure the rooms for food are big enough, that there is enough food for everyone at the banquets, stuff like that.)

And yes, Fontana village will fill up quickly... hopefully Andy's got some overflow suggestions, cause they barely had enough room for everyone last year, and this is shaping up to be MUCH bigger.

Also... as was mentioned before... it is HIGHLY recommended that you try to make it down on Thursday... for a couple reasons: a) traffic on The Dragon will be lighter and b) you'll have more time on the dragon, and be able to spend Friday and Saturday socializing and getting ready for the car show
Old 12-22-2005 | 07:59 AM
glide

Never saw any point to taking my Harley down there, but the Z...yea! Does one need to pre-register or will subscribing to this thread keep me in the loop?

Thanks!
Old 12-22-2005 | 08:01 AM
jester7500

I'm up for the idea of heading down Thursday. What about the rest of you guys?
Old 12-22-2005 | 08:03 AM
jester7500

Originally Posted by glide
Never saw any point to taking my Harley down there, but the Z...yea! Does one need to pre-register or will subscribing to this thread keep me in the loop?

Thanks!
glide, visit http://www.zdayzevents.com for the latest information about the event itself. You will find the forms for registration there.

Subscribing to this thread will keep you in the loop as far as our local plans of heading down to ZDayZ.
Old 12-22-2005 | 08:14 AM
kcobean
Premier Member

Originally Posted by PumpedVA
I am having a hard time downloading the rejistration form off the web site. can somebody help out? My PC is all messed up and I get one emailed to me? tpumped@comcast.net
The form was removed from the website at the request of the ZDayz staff. I'll send it to you Toby.
Old 12-22-2005 | 08:39 AM
glide

Can somebody send me the link for Fontana Resort? I'm definately down with this after seeing the "Need for Speed" video on the Zday registration site.

Thanks!
Old 12-22-2005 | 09:49 AM
mcduck

Comments from the ZDayZ powers that be...

What Stack stated above is exactly correct. The sooner we have registrants, the better job we can do planning for you guys and gals. One added benefit of early registration Stacy didn't mention is, if we know who is entering the cars show, we can increase the number of classes as necessary. Last year, we added a separate 5th Gen FI class when we saw how many FI cars would be in attendance. Also, **everyone** must register as either a primary registrant or guest this time. So, pre-registering will save you time when you get to ZDayZ. If you are not a registered attendee, you are not eligible for any door prizes and cannot participate in ZDayZ activities like the Car Show, Poker Tournament, etc.

Rooms are blocked at Fontana Village Resort until Feb for our group, but I wouldn't be surprised if they start filling up before then. Their website is...
http://www.fontanavillage.com

glide... glad you like the video. We probably will rotate that occasionally. I may have a new one up this weekend with a sidecam view from a dragon run.

Finally, I think its great you guys are already getting organized this far ahead. PLEASE.... be sure to post caravan info on the www.zdayzevents.com forums as well, tho. There may be other folks from your area who do not visit my350z.com who will want to caravan with others. The ZDayZ forums makes for an easy central place to organize those.

Keep spreading the word! See you in May.
Old 12-22-2005 | 09:49 AM
BamBam

Kelly,

Go ahead and mail me the club registration form also man.
I might as well sign up and book a room. If I can not go, then someone can take my car in my place.
Old 12-27-2005 | 09:59 AM
PumpedVA

kelly did you email me that form?
Old 12-27-2005 | 06:28 PM
BamBam

He sent it.

Thanks Kelly, I will see about getting that out when I get back to the States, probably in Late Jan so I can be sure to include all of the recent modifications on the list.

Hope you all had a Good Christmas and the New Year brings everyone the best.

Regards,
Brent
Old 12-28-2005 | 05:29 AM
jester7500

Originally Posted by Stack
Also... as was mentioned before... it is HIGHLY recommended that you try to make it down on Thursday... for a couple reasons: a) traffic on The Dragon will be lighter and b) you'll have more time on the dragon, and be able to spend Friday and Saturday socializing and getting ready for the car show
Everyone, for the reasons mentioned above ^^^, what are the chances of heading down Thursday? I'd like to guage interest before we book our rooms.
Old 12-28-2005 | 05:54 AM
arlingtonz

I might be able to go down Thursday, however I was not put off by the early morning drive on Friday, so I am cool with whatever departure time. I am still looking to see if anyone wants to split a room, as I will be flying solo this year.
Old 12-28-2005 | 07:22 AM
PumpedVA

I can do thurs or fri just let me know
Old 12-28-2005 | 08:56 AM
user 7490

Kelly, count me in. This will give me time to finally get some mods on that puppy.

Quick Reply: Official mid-A 2006 ZDayz at Tail of the Dragon thread