Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Official mid-A 2006 ZDayz at Tail of the Dragon thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006 | 05:51 AM
mcduck

If the **regional** ZDayZ related threads cannot be kept in their respective **regional** forums, I fail to see the advantage of having separate threads. Folks might as well all post in the same thread if its located under events.

If everyone prefers to post comments for their regions, you can still do so at www.zdayzevents.com/zforum, the official ZDayZ Forum.
Old 02-06-2006 | 09:30 AM
kcobean
Premier Member

Agreed. Thanks for pointing it out Andy. Moved back, and a redirect to this thread has been made in the ZDayZ event forum.
Old 03-08-2006 | 09:20 AM
umzzz
Cwest Army

is it worth picking up a 2way radio for the caravan up there? anyone going to be bringing 2 ways with them?
Old 03-08-2006 | 09:34 AM
kcobean
Premier Member

Originally Posted by umzzz
is it worth picking up a 2way radio for the caravan up there? anyone going to be bringing 2 ways with them?
Yup, 2-ways are a must have. the 5-mile variants are best. There is little, if any cell phone coverage at the resort, so the 2-ways are great for communication within the group and also for the drive down and back.
Old 03-19-2006 | 01:08 PM
ROGUELITE
the Zbler eLf

1. kcobean (Kelly)
2. Sins4u33 (Ben)
3. mdracer76 (Mike)
4. pdjafari (Puria)
5. Silkk (Steve)
6. pumpedva (toby)
7. Stillnz (hugo)
8. Forced6 (B)
9. Umzzz (Umar)
10. arlingtonz (Brett)
11. jester7500 (Jess)
12. ZZTopless (Jen)
13. ROGUELITE
Old 03-19-2006 | 01:09 PM
ROGUELITE
the Zbler eLf

sounds like fun. count me in.
Old 03-19-2006 | 03:41 PM
glide

Default Thursday departure

If that's a Thursday list, you're missing a few people that were on the last Thursday list. Me for one...
Old 03-19-2006 | 05:43 PM
BamBam

I plan on leaving Thursday also...
--B
Old 03-19-2006 | 07:40 PM
stillnz

Originally Posted by Osix350Z
i would love to come, me and my brother both.. our 06's arent modded yet, but we would still love to go.. I really wanna see all the modded Zs!! I just have to make sure school is out, yeah damn college damn it all!! but we are in Maryland i think we are about 45 mins from VA.. would the "caravan" be passing our way?? I'm Hyped, BTW im new, HI!! I'm Mike.

Say no to hombo
Old 03-19-2006 | 07:46 PM
stillnz

sorry couldnt help myself.
Here is the list so far...

1. kcobean (Kelly)
2. Sins4u33 (Ben)
3. mdracer76 (Mike)
4. pdjafari (Puria)
5. Silkk (Steve)
6. pumpedva (toby)
7. Stillnz (hugo)
8. Forced6 (B)
9. Umzzz (Umar)
10. arlingtonz (Brett)
11. jester7500 (Jess)
12. ZZTopless (Jen)
13. ROGUELITE
14. glide
15 BamBam
Old 03-19-2006 | 07:52 PM
stillnz

Man the videos on the new zdayz web page are sweet...anyone know whos car that was?

MAN I CANT WAIT!

Last edited by stillnz; 03-19-2006 at 08:24 PM.
Old 03-20-2006 | 04:44 AM
mcduck

Originally Posted by stillnz
Man the videos on the new zdayz web page are sweet...anyone know whos car that was?

MAN I CANT WAIT!
The "ZDayZ Commercial" video and sidecam video... the car is Bini2's Chrome Silver TT

The "over the roof" video is my Vortech Brickyard 350Z.
Old 03-20-2006 | 08:17 AM
stillnz

Both cars sound great! Love the video clips, it really shows the guys what they can expect driving out there. Great job on the site.
Old 03-20-2006 | 03:27 PM
onii

anyone goin solo and wouldnt mind givin me a ride to and from? send me an email please! i'll split gas and stuff...
Old 03-21-2006 | 06:53 AM
mcduck

Originally Posted by onii
anyone goin solo and wouldnt mind givin me a ride to and from? send me an email please! i'll split gas and stuff...
Reason you are not bringing your Z, Matt?
Old 03-21-2006 | 08:11 AM
glide

1. kcobean (Kelly)
2. Sins4u33 (Ben)
3. mdracer76 (Mike)
4. pdjafari (Puria)
5. Silkk (Steve)
6. pumpedva (toby)
7. Stillnz (hugo)
8. Forced6 (B)
9. Umzzz (Umar)
10. arlingtonz (Brett)
11. jester7500 (Jess)
12. ZZTopless (Jen)
13. ROGUELITE
14. Glide (John)
15 BamBam
16. Wags (Joe)
Old 04-11-2006 | 02:13 PM
willpower

Anybody going from Richmond V.A friday morning ????.If so give me a shout we can motor down together.

later
Old 04-11-2006 | 02:49 PM
PumpedVA

Originally Posted by willpower
Anybody going from Richmond V.A friday morning ????.If so give me a shout we can motor down together.

later
how longs the drive?
Old 04-12-2006 | 06:20 AM
buzzardmountain

Official Newsletter of ZDayZ 2006
April 11, 2006

ZDayZ approaches! But even sooner is the deadline for filing your income taxes. So, if you haven’t done so yet, hurry and do it so you will have your tax return in time for ZDayZ. Here comes the latest information on this year’s event.

ZDayZ Activity Schedule!!!
We are still working on finalizing our ZDayZ activities for 2006. A summary schedule is provided below. This is a tentative schedule and subject to last minute changes, but we are reasonably sure all these items will be included. The most likely changes, if we have any, will be in scheduled time or day for a specific activity. Later this week, we will post more information on each activity on the ZDayZ website under the ActivitieZ link.

Fontana Village Improvements
About a week ago, I visited Fontana Village to cover some planning points with FVR staff. Since our last event, the FVR folks have been very busy making upgrades to their facilities. For those who only visit Fontana Village during ZDayZ, you’ll probably notice many differences from last year. Some of these upgrades will still be going on during ZDayZ, but Fontana Village expects to have most of them finished prior to our arrival. It appears they are going to great lengths to accommodate enthusiast groups like ours and make our stay as comfortable as possible.

NOTE! One of the improvements which will not be finished this year is a conversion of the old Fontana Village Check-in facility to a conference center. Those attending ZDayZ this year will need to check-in to their rooms at the Lodge main lobby. This is the same building where we had our dinners last year.

Activity Spotlight – Detailing with DrBonz

He’s back again! The renowned DrBonz returns for the third year to provide a clinic on cleaning and detailing your Z. DrBonz’s 350Z has become an icon of detailing potential. Why? Because his Z is a shining (literally!) example of what can be done with a little caring effort and good detailing products. The very surface of his car is so visually brilliant, it warps the space-time continuum. Don’t believe me? Just check out his detailing session… an hour will disappear in what feels like just a few minutes! Seriously, though, this session is a great opportunity for both new and experienced detailers to learn some new tricks and ask a certified detailing nut and Z-lover how to get the most out of detailing your own Z.

Activity Spotlight – ZDayZ Scavenger Hunt
A new activity for ZDayZ 2006! The Scavenger Hunt will run from the time you arrive until ZDayZ ends on Sunday. The ZDayZ staff is hard at work developing a devious list of items for ZDayZ attendees to look for while they are out and about. Some will be on site at Fontana Village, others will be offsite around the dragon and throughout Graham county. Some will be easy to spot and others will be more challenging.

When you check in for ZDayZ, we will give you the Scavenger Hunt list. For the rest of the weekend, it will be up to you to capture images of as many items as possible. (NOTE! You will need a digital camera for this activity!). On Sunday, as ZDayZ is ending, you will bring your camera or downloaded images to ZDayZ check-in to have your pictures verified. ZDayZ prizes will be given based on how many items you actually photograph. The more things you find, the better the prizes you can win. The idea is to have fun and allow folks to experience more of ZDayZ and the area surrounding Fontana Village. The lowest level prize will be our 2006 ZDayZ keychain shown here.

This week ZDayZ is spotlighting partner sponsor Crawford Z Car Service! Doug Stewart and the gang at Crawford Z Car have been providing performance Z car products and service for 25 years and show no signs of slowing down now. Check them out at www.crawfordzcar.com for their latest 350Z & G35 offerings. And be sure to look for the Crawford crew onsite at ZDayZ.

ZDayZ Registration Deadline!!!
Finally, we just want to remind you that the ZDayZ pre-registration deadline is less than two weeks away. All early registrations must be received no later than Friday, April 21st . We will continue to accept registrations after this date, but all charges will be the same as onsite ZDayZ pricing. If you submit your form after this date but do not include the full price amount, you will be expected to provide the difference when you check in at ZDayZ.

Also, if your plans change and you cannot make it to ZDayZ, you can get a full refund of your registration amount (minus any PayPal fees we incur if you pay electronically) until May 5, 2006. After that date, all pre-registrations are non-refundable.

Next newsletter in a couple of weeks!

Andy Morris
ZDayZ Organizer
info@zdayzevents.com
Old 04-14-2006 | 12:29 PM
PumpedVA

not going to make this guys. I will be modding trying to get my car ready for HIN in NC pluse plan on doing nopi may 20th

Quick Reply: Official mid-A 2006 ZDayz at Tail of the Dragon thread