Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Moving back to Richmond

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006 | 08:47 AM
OutsiderZ5

Default Moving back to Richmond

Wzup guys! So I finally landed a job back in my hometown. NOVA area just too expensive for me and I just won't give MD a chance.
Anyways, I landed a new job with Hunton & Williams and now it's time to find a place to live. I got the apartment hunt down but would like to know if anyone knows of anyone renting out or selling their condo or townhouse (areas: located around W. Broad Street.) If no luck on that then a good realitor I can get info from. Any input would be great!
Old 04-24-2006 | 08:49 AM
BobbyRitz

Originally Posted by OutsiderZ5
Wzup guys! So I finally landed a job back in my hometown. NOVA area just too expensive for me and I just won't give MD a chance.
Anyways, I landed a new job with Hunton & Williams and now it's time to find a place to live. I got the apartment hunt down but would like to know if anyone knows of anyone renting out or selling their condo or townhouse (areas: located around W. Broad Street.) If no luck on that then a good realitor I can get info from. Any input would be great!
I take it you are an attorney. I have contacts at H&W.
Old 04-24-2006 | 08:58 AM
PumpedVA

there are some NICE new town homes just off pump road behind victory nissan in short pump starting at 440
Old 04-24-2006 | 09:37 AM
OutsiderZ5

No attorney here. Application Developer / SQL Server Developer.
Yeah, I saw those behind Victory. I really like those, but my friend said I might as well get a house (off of hungrary road) around his area for that price. But like you said those are really NICE. Those are actually my favorite that I have seen. Going to call about those later this week or next. Any other TH or Condos?!?!?!?
Old 04-25-2006 | 05:59 PM
John@Victory

Originally Posted by PumpedVA
there are some NICE new town homes just off pump road behind victory nissan in short pump starting at 440
yea those things are looking hawt!. but its hard to give up 106 acres, 2 ponds and a motorcross (albeit a small one) in my back yard! guess im gonna have to stick it out down here in dinwiddie
Old 04-26-2006 | 08:32 AM
4SHIZZIL

John@Victory....sounds like you are hosting the next mega Barbeque!!?!! LOL!
Old 04-26-2006 | 08:44 AM
4SHIZZIL

Default Richmond

No attorney here. Application Developer / SQL Server Developer.
Yeah, I saw those behind Victory. I really like those, but my friend said I might as well get a house (off of hungrary road) around his area for that price. But like you said those are really NICE. Those are actually my favorite that I have seen. Going to call about those later this week or next. Any other TH or Condos?!?!?!?
My wife is from Richmond.....

hey look into this..just south of Richmond off I95 (i think on the east side) my bud just bought a house that would cost over a million here in NOVA. From what I hear its not the best of areas (but not GHETTO)... but they are developing everything new there anyways... I dont know the name of the builder/area...but a 3700sq/ft house for $299.000 is worth me buying a few Dobbermans to run around in my privacy fenced new home!!!

4Shizzil, I have seriously thought about commuting from Richmond for a house of that magnatude!

Agent name is Tanya Meekin (804) 405-1719
Area is Chesterfield, Bendahall Valley

going rate now is 3200 sq/ft for about 315,000K

I worked with her Hubby, so mention Corey Lancaster and they will take care of you!!

Last edited by 4SHIZZIL; 04-26-2006 at 08:47 AM.
Old 04-26-2006 | 10:07 AM
05-Z

I hear short-pump is becoming really nice lately, like the Tyson's Corner of Richmond.
Old 04-26-2006 | 10:41 AM
OutsiderZ5

Yeah John you are out there but you have a nice living out there. I just can't live that far out. But I bet that is near the track.
Old 04-26-2006 | 10:54 AM
OutsiderZ5

Good deal 4Shizzil. I will def. check that out. I got a pitbull but she is a little too nice so I dont think she will be doing much work but she vocal so I'm going to get a Presa Canario for that kind of work. They are probably out by where my mom works near, Meadowbrook or off of Jefferson Davis Hwy.

I said "bump" the commute I'm just going back to get a place before the Richmond boom. I think housing prices will start to go up like NOVA in the next few years. . . . . if they haven't hit the ceiling yet (I think they are far from it). Thanks I will try to get in touch with them this weekend.
Old 04-26-2006 | 12:03 PM
PumpedVA

bro there is a house right next to me for sale build by the same builder as mine. I am less than 20min outside short pump in goochand county #1 growing area right now. I got my house for 387k and my papers say its worth 425 and I have only lived here for 2 months.

I can take some pics of the house if you like? what the hell be right back LOL
Old 04-26-2006 | 12:08 PM
OutsiderZ5

Hmmm sounds pretty good Pumped! Only problem is that I will be working at 10th and Canal St. And that may put my mileage on my Z like I am doing now (47 miles one way now). I'm at 35k miles on my car and I bought it last March. Kinda want to cut that in half at least! but sounds very tempting!
Old 04-26-2006 | 12:20 PM
PumpedVA

Hmmm sounds pretty good Pumped! Only problem is that I will be working at 10th and Canal St. And that may put my mileage on my Z like I am doing now (47 miles one way now). I'm at 35k miles on my car and I bought it last March. Kinda want to cut that in half at least! but sounds very tempting!
bro they hell with that get a beater to drive. I would say your work is 30min tops. Plus the area I am living in is booming right now!. I just called the agent to get the MLS print out on the house. I am thinking its 3000sf+ on 3+ acres selling price last time I checked was 495k BUT I will tell you I know for a FACT these builders are hurting for $$ and have a ton of homes built out of there own pocket that then need to sell before the market changes so therre asking price is Sh$$.

3 pics is me right next door
Attached Thumbnails Moving back to Richmond-img_0393.jpg   Moving back to Richmond-img_0394.jpg   Moving back to Richmond-img_0395.jpg  
Old 04-26-2006 | 06:20 PM
John@Victory

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL G-SPOT
John@Victory....sounds like you are hosting the next mega Barbeque!!?!! LOL!
i have a big bbq now for maxima.org every september for the past 4 years. we could make it a maxima/my350z meet this year
Old 04-26-2006 | 06:21 PM
John@Victory

Yeah John you are out there but you have a nice living out there. I just can't live that far out. But I bet that is near the track.

im 1 1/2 miles from the track
Old 04-27-2006 | 03:33 AM
OutsiderZ5

Originally Posted by PumpedVA
bro they hell with that get a beater to drive. I would say your work is 30min tops. Plus the area I am living in is booming right now!. I just called the agent to get the MLS print out on the house. I am thinking its 3000sf+ on 3+ acres selling price last time I checked was 495k BUT I will tell you I know for a FACT these builders are hurting for $$ and have a ton of homes built out of there own pocket that then need to sell before the market changes so therre asking price is Sh$$.

3 pics is me right next door
WOW, that is really d@/\/\n nice. Those look like some of the houses from Salisbury on the Southside. Yeah, the girl and I were talking last night about this. I gotta check the funds b/c 400k is out of my league right now. I wish I didn't give my old car to my lil bro when I got my Z now!
Old 04-27-2006 | 03:34 AM
OutsiderZ5

Originally Posted by John@Victory
im 1 1/2 miles from the track
Oh yeah, that is sweet. A lot closer than the tracks where I am at now. We are gonna have to meet up sometime at the track man. I'm still a virgin to the track right now!
Old 04-27-2006 | 06:44 AM
PumpedVA

i have a big bbq now for maxima.org every september for the past 4 years. we could make it a maxima/my350z meet this year
I am there
Old 04-27-2006 | 06:47 AM
OutsiderZ5

What a great idea. Plus, I'd love to see the cars! I'd be down.
Old 04-27-2006 | 11:32 AM
John@Victory

once we set the date in maxima.org ill get a mod to stickie a post in here as well.

Quick Reply: Moving back to Richmond