Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

front license plate ticket

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 10:56 AM
Driven1
Professional

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear that. Ive gotten quite a few of those. Honestly...just pay it and get on with it. But here's some additional info for you. Most states have a time limit in which to make repairs. Within this timelimit... they can NOT give you another citation for it. (Florida doesn't do this, they just keep giving you tickets :O( over and over if they want). The other thing is...when a cop gives you multiple citations for the same thing within a "unreasonable" amount of time, this can be considered harassment and you are entitled by law to press charges against the officer(s) if you see it fit. Of course consult a lawyer first and make sure the governing laws of that jurisdiction are in conjunction with your claim. :O) I had to do this in Florida where 2 officers wrote me 5 tickets in 2 weeks for having my windshield tinted. It was so bad that they would wait for me outside a gas station while I fueled up and would pull me over not 100 yards from the gas station to write me a ticket. Or even wait for me to get out of class. Yeah, it was a smaller town and the cops definitely had it out for me. I filed for the harassment charges and submitted my complaint and amazingly it stopped, so I dropped them in the end and just left it with the formal complaint. (That was my Lawyers advice since I still had a yr left in college and I had to stay in that town after the fact)

Sooo, basically....STICK IT TO THE MAN! (if you see fit and feel like spending the effort)

Last edited by Driven1; 06-01-2006 at 11:01 AM.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:52 PM
ROGUELITE
the Zbler eLf

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm here in Loudoun County and commute daily to D.C. I have had my car for over a year and drove off the lot with no front plates. Never have had them. I pass by cops all the time including the ones on foot standing at the toll booths watching people go through to check for expired tags, etc. and have never had a problem. There is no doubt that it is a requirement but it seems like one of those requirements most cops, or at least from my experience, look the other way on. also depends on the area where you are driving. one thing to realize is that all throughout arlington, reston, herndon, etc. there are secure facilities owned by unknown agencies. most likely you would never know unless you knew. so if you happen to drive by such facilities or near them cops will be more particular about not having a front plate. just trust me on that one. ;-)
Old 06-02-2006, 10:06 AM
Zincognito

I'm glad that i have my Texas tags. They have yet to say anything about not having a license plate but they do moan and complain about my tint for some homo a@@ reason!!! F VA
Old 06-15-2006, 02:31 PM
titanlax

i have a court date tomorrow for a no front license plate ticket. Can I just show up in court show some pictures, and the judge will drop it. Does anyone have any experience in Arlington county? Does it matter if I plead guilty or innocent, any suggestions. Can I get in deeper trouble for showing up in court, or end up paying more than the fine. Thanks for all the help guys.
Old 06-15-2006, 03:35 PM
ZIABLO
I am Batman

^ guilty with explanation...and it depends on the judge. you'll at least get lower fines for showing pictures of it fixed. ******* judge only gave me a 10 dollar drop though. wtf.
Old 06-15-2006, 03:43 PM
chuckie311

hehehe here in nevada the dont ticket you for the front plate.. and the new law states that if the car didnt come with anything to attach the front plate to the bumber you dont have to put it on