Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

**MIR Track Day Video**

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 05:51 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverstonE-O6
Nice vid bert, "why dont you break an axle buddy?"..... wasnt it hard enough that I couldnt break a 13.9 at the track? lol Jp. Perfect way to end the vid, we all need to meet up soon, I miss the shananigans
Yeah man we def have to meet up.

Keith Ive been around man, this weekend is calling for crazy nice weather anybody down for metting up maybe Saturday or even Sunday? 80's all weekend....

Last edited by Alberto; 06-09-2006 at 06:18 AM.
Old 06-09-2006, 05:53 AM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Alberto
David-you know what threw me off, was the timeslip printouts. Usually they display a perfect light on a sportmans tree as .500, anythin under being a redlight. But a .500 in thier printouts would have been a .000 anything negative was a redlight. Thats why many guys including myself for a while at first were reading them like
Correct. Red-light was set to 0.000 seconds. Another trivial detail concerning the tower was that they could not show a WIN on the time slips. Although this was a fun day, racers should know that a red-light is a foul, and the WIN automatically goes to the other driver.
Old 06-09-2006, 05:56 AM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bert i was just wondering where mike and bob have been.havent seen them on the boards that much lately.saturday sounds ok if i have my car back.
Old 06-09-2006, 06:18 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Originally Posted by davidv
Correct. Red-light was set to 0.000 seconds. Another trivial detail concerning the tower was that they could not show a WIN on the time slips. Although this was a fun day, racers should know that a red-light is a foul, and the WIN automatically goes to the other driver.
Im going to post our epic battles down the strip when I was in Keith's G-they are all on tape, Ill post them later or tomorrow. Technically I beat you 3 out of 3 because I beat you legit first 2X-one of those by thousadths of a second and the 3rd you jumped too soon. Closest races of the day I believe and tons of fun
Old 06-09-2006, 06:47 AM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Im going to post our epic battles down the strip when I was in Keith's G-they are all on tape, Ill post them later or tomorrow. Technically I beat you 3 out of 3 because I beat you legit first 2X-one of those by thousadths of a second and the 3rd you jumped too soon. Closest races of the day I believe and tons of fun
I believe that you are talking about car #1? I have several times slips at home, but if I remember right, later in the day I was sloppy and fouling right and left. Still, a photo finish at the wire is exhilarating.
Old 06-09-2006, 07:12 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

I dont remember Keith's car number, if you look in Mike's video I made above you can see Mike racing him you should be able to see the number. One of the closest finishes Ive ever had...
Old 06-09-2006, 07:24 AM
Nowell
National Z Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually might be down for something on Saturday, but I would be heading back down this way to hit up a local show/hang out. Mike and I usually hit on the high school chicks that night, so I don't wanna miss out on that! Let me know what the plan is though!
Old 06-09-2006, 07:44 AM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

I dont remember Keith's car number, if you look in Mike's video I made above you can see Mike racing him you should be able to see the number. One of the closest finishes Ive ever had...
i was number 6.
Old 06-09-2006, 08:38 AM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Originally Posted by BobbyRitz
I've been there more than a few times myself.

He's young, he'll bounce back tomorrow.

Keith, I'm sure you remember the day after drinking when you were younger. You were 21-22 in, like 1950, right?
hey rob did the old geezers get there yet,they left wed night.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:41 PM
wtf no turbo

Wanted to add because I dont know what your drag racing experience is like. Those calculators are junk imo, Ive typed my exact info in to many and the #'s are way off. Many people may think its easy to run good times I always hear "all you need is slicks or DR's" truth be told thats not the case for all. Like I said above Id like to see you out at a track day, lets see what kind of times you can pull
Soon as the car is done Ill be out. You using secondary rev limit control on the utec? Anyone else out there running a utec using it.
Old 06-09-2006, 03:20 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

If secondary rev limit control is the adjustable limiter then yes its upped over stock, if thats not in I dont know what that is lol...
Old 06-09-2006, 04:31 PM
Integrity
Banned

Originally Posted by SilverstonE-O6
Nice vid bert, "why dont you break an axle buddy?"..... wasnt it hard enough that I couldnt break a 13.9 at the track? lol Jp. Perfect way to end the vid, we all need to meet up soon, I miss the shananigans
Old 06-09-2006, 05:18 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Lol Charles-the ending to your vid was funny, you take the comment and flip the bird without missing a beat.
Old 06-09-2006, 05:48 PM
Integrity
Banned

Lol Charles-the ending to your vid was funny, you take the comment and flip the bird without missing a beat.
Its all good bro, I liked Bob's comment "How bout I give you a spoon, and you eat it?!?!" LOL!
Old 06-09-2006, 10:51 PM
mdracer76
Banned

Umm... I do believe that.. our races were.. for RT the cloesest of the day ... what I mean is ... david and goliath.. and you sir.. are an awesome goliath... me and you R/T racing... that was friggin sweet..I Had SOOOOO much fun running you bert... even though I knew you were gonna smack my a$$ down in the QT time and MPH... damn it was fun. My point is ... online **** and online FPS's make for good RT... remember that kids :P

(I'm Drunk.. and Nowell just dorve my car home for me)

PS/// ask him about how many times he stalled..

Last edited by mdracer76; 06-09-2006 at 10:54 PM.
Old 06-10-2006, 02:17 AM
BobbyRitz

Sobriety is for losers in the Mid-A!
Old 06-10-2006, 08:43 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Originally Posted by mdracer76
Umm... I do believe that.. our races were.. for RT the cloesest of the day ... what I mean is ... david and goliath.. and you sir.. are an awesome goliath... me and you R/T racing... that was friggin sweet..I Had SOOOOO much fun running you bert... even though I knew you were gonna smack my a$$ down in the QT time and MPH... damn it was fun. My point is ... online **** and online FPS's make for good RT... remember that kids :P

(I'm Drunk.. and Nowell just dorve my car home for me)

PS/// ask him about how many times he stalled..
I had a blast running you as well, Kirk told me he was going to post up my in car *** ups. Both runs when I missed a gear, his camera was in my car-those 2 runs were against you. I forgot how close of a finish I also had with you-it was something like .003 very close to what I beat davidd by. BTW-you type pretty good when your drunk lol...
Old 06-10-2006, 09:06 AM
Kirkster

Default New MIR Z day vid...

you may want to right click on the link and download it to disk. It is 14megs so it will take a couple of min. My server links should be pretty fast.

http://www.limpidity.org/images/uploads/MIRDragDay.mov

Alberto's runs are at the end of the clip..

Enjoy...
Old 06-10-2006, 10:06 AM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

cool vid,s.kirk
Old 06-10-2006, 04:35 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Wink

Originally Posted by Kirkster
you may want to right click on the link and download it to disk. It is 14megs so it will take a couple of min. My server links should be pretty fast.

http://www.limpidity.org/images/uploads/MIRDragDay.mov

Alberto's runs are at the end of the clip..

Enjoy...
LMAO "baby one more time"

Thanks for posting that always good to see the screw ups, I held my hand different for the 3-4 shift on the first run and I failed Second run my timing just looked off, luckily no nasty mis-shifts with grinding/dropping it into wrong gear. On those two runs I raced Mike (mdracer) as you can see in the 2nd run I gave it just enough gas to make it a photo finish beat him by a few thousandths of a second to the line Thanks for posting Kirk

Quick Reply: **MIR Track Day Video**