Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

800+whp Engine Build Almost Done...

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 07:08 AM
BamBam

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 800+whp Engine Build Almost Done...

I just thought I would share with you guys the details and progress of my engine build. Here is the thread in the FI section with some pics of the old damaged engine and the new stuff going together.

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/211882-800-whp-engine-build-almost-done.html

--B
Old 08-22-2006, 11:35 AM
orijinal_poser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

crazy.......

best of luck!!!
Old 08-22-2006, 11:44 AM
MrKaira
Really MrZ31

awesome, best of luck to you

however, the next thread had better not be:

"FS 800 + whp monster have to finance house/baby on the way, must go!"
Old 08-22-2006, 11:50 AM
BobbyRitz

LMAO...true for most. But if I know Brent, this won't happen here.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:54 AM
MrKaira
Really MrZ31

lol i know it just that seems to be what happens right after people build up these awesome cars then they have to sell them for so much less than they are worth... i'm glad to hear that won't happen this time
Old 08-22-2006, 12:11 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Cant wait for the next track day. Regardless of ET and taking into consideration your Z is a tank, no less than 130mph traps Brent!
Old 08-22-2006, 01:48 PM
Rspec

most people sell'm monster HP cars cuz they r tired of dealing with all the hassle involved. those owners r tired of going back and forth to a shop.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:11 PM
xenonk

break it in nicely brent when you get it back.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:15 PM
xenonk

Originally Posted by Alberto
Cant wait for the next track day. Regardless of ET and taking into consideration your Z is a tank, no less than 130mph traps Brent!

Bert, you should really come out to a road race track day and open up the car more.. I uploaded some vids last night of Phil's WRX (you remember that 10 second WRX) of him "letting the car breathe" after the warm-up lap at Summit Point, you'll enjoy this:

(oh for those that dont know, my car only does 14.3 @ 95 mph while that WRX does 10.7 @ 135 mph, but these numbers dont do justice until you see it on a road track):

http://media.putfile.com/Element-Tuning-WRX

Brent, get a good night sleep for this weekend. Let AAM do their magic on the Z and we can see your full write up later when the car is all said and done. I always thought of doing mid-progress reports as a sign of bad omen.. there's always someone who will some how jinx it and there's always something "extra" about the whole situation.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:31 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Originally Posted by xenonk
Bert, you should really come out to a road race track day and open up the car more.. I uploaded some vids last night of Phil's WRX (you remember that 10 second WRX) of him "letting the car breathe" after the warm-up lap at Summit Point, you'll enjoy this:

(oh for those that dont know, my car only does 14.3 @ 95 mph while that WRX does 10.7 @ 135 mph, but these numbers dont do justice until you see it on a road track):

http://media.putfile.com/Element-Tuning-WRX
That looks like fun, if I ever get my car fixded Ive decided Im gonna start with auto-x and move onto road courses...
Old 08-22-2006, 05:48 PM
Kirkster

That looks like fun, if I ever get my car fixded Ive decided Im gonna start with auto-x and move onto road courses...

Ahh the subversion has begun... Now all I need to do is get him a ride in a monster BSP BMW and it will be all she wrote...
Old 08-22-2006, 06:15 PM
xenonk

your car will do a lot better on the track since you can use that turbo a lot more.. autox is probably too tight with your turbo setup. An N/A motor would be better.. davidv/kirkster knows about it.

either way, it should be fun! Time for bert to get some new wheels, tires, brakes and suspension I think you can make one monster fun car. I cant wait to see you out there with the rest of us.

Last edited by xenonk; 08-22-2006 at 06:18 PM.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:13 AM
Nowell
National Z Club

Hey Brent, let me know when its done, ill drive the Lotus and you can miss second for a change!
Old 08-23-2006, 10:26 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Originally Posted by xenonk
your car will do a lot better on the track since you can use that turbo a lot more.. autox is probably too tight with your turbo setup. An N/A motor would be better.. davidv/kirkster knows about it.

either way, it should be fun! Time for bert to get some new wheels, tires, brakes and suspension I think you can make one monster fun car. I cant wait to see you out there with the rest of us.
??

JIC Coilovers with -2 degrees camber all around and Brembo brakes with upgraded rotors and Hawk pads arent good enough of parts? Of course Id invest in some race wheels/pads with appropriate rubber...
Old 08-23-2006, 11:02 AM
BamBam

MrPratt: Not much of a worry there… Not married, no significant other, and no house needing buying… So unless I leave the country (which is a possibility in the New Year) no reason to get rid of the car. As for selling it, not gonna happen as I have put WAAAYYY too much time/money into this car to even get 25%of that back. I might just garage it while I am away for extended periods unless someone were to make an offer I couldn’t refuse while I am gone.

Bert: Just remember I will be granny shifting from now on… LOL

Nowell: Sure no problem… I bet with the Z’s new setup, I would even be able to miss second AND grind third … LOL
--B
Old 08-23-2006, 11:07 AM
Nowell
National Z Club

Originally Posted by BamBam
Nowell: Sure no problem… I bet with the Z’s new setup, I would even be able to miss second AND grind third … LOL
--B

Damn harsh brother! Damn harsh!
Old 08-23-2006, 11:13 AM
BamBam

Originally Posted by Nowell
Damn harsh brother! Damn harsh!
All in good fun mang...
Trust me brother, you would have had me dead to rights if both of those had not happened... As it is, if I did that in the new ride, I am pretty sure I would not have any gears left..
Old 08-23-2006, 11:15 AM
Nowell
National Z Club

Oh yea, im sure! Anyway, this Friday you gotta take me for a spin in that sucker! I still never sat in one let alone rode in one. You gonna be out? Or you workin? Or you and Mike leaving for Summit that night?

Originally Posted by BamBam
All in good fun mang...
Trust me brother, you would have had me dead to rights if both of those had not happened... As it is, if I did that in the new ride, I am pretty sure I would not have any gears left..
Old 08-23-2006, 11:27 AM
BamBam

I might make it out later for a little while. Got family stuff to do earlier that night, and I need to get some decent sleep Friday cause I will have to be out early Saturday to get to the 7:30 drivers meeting.
--B

Last edited by BamBam; 08-23-2006 at 01:32 PM.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:32 AM
MI 35th
OGPremierMafia

Cant wait to see it finished!

Quick Reply: 800+whp Engine Build Almost Done...