Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Pulled Over!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 10:23 AM
Sportydudette

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pulled Over!!!

I got pulled over today on my way back to work from lunch because my tags were expired. I wasn't able to take care of it on time because I've been busy with our wedding and just got back from our honeymoon.

I already saw the cop on route 50 as I was coming to a stop light and he was on my right side. I was planning to let him go ahead of me, once the light turned green but the car in front of the cop was so slow that he switched lanes and ended up behind me. Obviously, he noticed my daytona blue Z and pulled me over few blocks from where I work. I was so embarrased that somebody from work might see me. Thankfully, he didn't give me a ticket probably because he checked my DL and verified that I did moved and that I wasn't lying.

Sometimes, having a bold color car has its own disadvantages.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:28 AM
savvy

at least you got off, i on the other hand ALWAYS get tickets when pulled over. I have been pulled over 3 times, speeding 72 in a 55, rolled through a stop sign with no cars around an at 3:00 in the morning, and i forgot to get my car inspected so my sticker was expired. I got tickets for them all. Bastards, i think i need ***** like you so i can get out of tickets
Old 09-25-2006, 10:42 AM
BamBam

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think it is more a matter of how a person conducts themselves at during the stop, the police officers mood and what if any extenuating circumstances you might have.

Sometimes you get tickets and sometimes you get warnings.

When I was younger I got LOTS of tickets. Now, I manage to get warnings every now and then with a little luck, being polite and sometimes LOTS and LOTS of begging
Old 09-25-2006, 10:45 AM
Nowell
National Z Club

I still think I have the worst luck when it comes to cops in the Mid A =)
Old 09-25-2006, 10:59 AM
JLT

what was his reason for running your tags? i fly by cops all the time here in DC and never have been pulled over once (knock on wood). i actually spend most of my time driving on federal property (gw parkway) and never have had a tag run etc.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:24 AM
abui01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

same here, I'm always on federal property/back roads or MD, screw FFX, VA laws suck
Old 09-25-2006, 11:27 AM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nowell
yes you do!!!!,hey btw are you feeling better man.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:30 AM
Nowell
National Z Club

Originally Posted by superchargedg
yes you do!!!!,hey btw are you feeling better man.
Yea man, thanks for asking! I think it was Tony's wife that gave it to me from the night we all went out drinking. From what I heard we were both sick as hell! She did the right thing and got antibiotics, as for me, Doctors scare me. So mine lingered a bit more than usual.

Anyway, to stay on topic ...

*** FFX!!!

That is all.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:33 AM
BamBam

They don't have to have run the tag, all they need to do is look at it and realize it is expired.

I had the same thing happen to me after the Skyline drive a few weeks back. A State Trooper (or maybe it was the MWAA Federal Police) was next to me on the Greenway out by Dulles. He was changing lanes to take an exit ramp and pulled behind me to take the right hand turn, 30 seconds later he flipped his lights on. I was not speeding or anything.

He came up and said 'Did you know your tags were expired?'
Just as he said this he flipped his flashlight on my windshield and added 'And so is your Inspection. Have you moved recently?'
I said "No."
And he promptly replied "Well, your county sticker appears to be out of date also. License & Registration please."

I did not have the registration or proof of insurance in the car either... NOR a front plate.

Long story short after explaining myself and promising I was just on my way to return the car to the shop in Maryland and would take care of it before I got the car back on the road. He let me go and simply said "Count this as your warning, but if you get pulled over again before you get the car to the shop you are going to be in a lot of trouble."

He could have nailed me for at least 5 tickets (Expired Tags, no Registration, out of date Inspection, no front plate and failure to show proof of insurance) and had my car IMPOUNDED if he wanted to , but he let me go with a warning. GO figure ... There was pretty much NOTHING legal about my car when he pulled me over.. I thought I was toast ... especially since I had been drinking a bit (whoops) that afternoon.
--B

Last edited by BamBam; 09-25-2006 at 11:36 AM.
Old 09-25-2006, 12:03 PM
Kirkster

That is because when they pull your drivers license in the police computer it says in bright red letters "Ticket must be issued, NO WARNINGS".
Old 09-25-2006, 12:16 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Originally Posted by BamBam
I think it is more a matter of how a person conducts themselves at during the stop, the police officers mood and what if any extenuating circumstances you might have.

Sometimes you get tickets and sometimes you get warnings.

When I was younger I got LOTS of tickets. Now, I manage to get warnings every now and then with a little luck, being polite and sometimes LOTS and LOTS of begging
I think I remember one of your aka rally stories when you and a bunch of other guys got pulled over for doing some "enthusiastic" driving (forgot which state).

Cop: "So who has the fastest car here?"

pause ....

Random aka guy yells out: "You do officer!"

still hillarious ...
Old 09-25-2006, 12:34 PM
05-Z

Route 50 is like a police bee-hive, drive up there and you might get stung.

BZZZ!
Old 09-25-2006, 12:37 PM
BamBam

Originally Posted by dutchboy350Z
I think I remember one of your aka rally stories when you and a bunch of other guys got pulled over for doing some "enthusiastic" driving (forgot which state).

Cop: "So who has the fastest car here?"

pause ....

Random aka guy yells out: "You do officer!"

still hillarious ...
Yea that was the PI and his Lawyer wife that said that.. They had blocked the interstate to catch all of us and had us all lined up and surrounded by cops on the side of I-40 I think. Funny as hell.
But at the time some people thought they were going to arrest all of us .
Old 09-25-2006, 12:41 PM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,448 Likes on 1,769 Posts

Ain't this teh damn truth.

My wife didn't get on those antibiotics for like two days after she started feeling sick.

By some kind of miracle, I didn't get one ticket the two years I was in Fairfax Co. I was prolly pulled a good 10 times, and all but one I got a warning for. The one that I was actually gonna get a ticket for (speeding on Ft. Belvoir) the MP got called for some domestic violence or some **** in the middle of writing my ticket. He was pissed too. I got out of many speeding tickets and an exhaust ticket because when they took my license they noticed it was a PA license with a KS address... after asking why I gave them my military ID. Works like a charm. Apparently, that **** doesn't fly out here though... Hawaii PD targets military guys. I know why though, since every night you can hear these people racing right off post.

*TIP FOR GETTING OUT OF TICKET* Trun off your car and put your keys on the dash in plain view of the cop. That tells them that you are 100% willing to cooperate. 50% of the time, it works half the time. Na, it really works quite good.

Last edited by bboypuertoroc; 09-25-2006 at 12:44 PM.
Old 09-25-2006, 12:46 PM
StarcraftBW

Originally Posted by 05-Z
Route 50 is like a police bee-hive, drive up there and you might get stung.

BZZZ!
it's getting worse recently thanks to "TOKYO DRIFT"
Old 09-25-2006, 01:00 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
*TIP FOR GETTING OUT OF TICKET* Trun off your car and put your keys on the dash in plain view of the cop. That tells them that you are 100% willing to cooperate. 50% of the time, it works half the time. Na, it really works quite good.
I would also add, immediately put your hazards and turn on every light inside your car so they know you have nothing to hide.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:08 PM
05-Z

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
I always put my gun and keys on the dashboard, that way they know I'm ready to cooperate.

J/K....good idea though.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:32 PM
BamBam

depending on where you are, it never hurts to put your hands out the window... or directly on top of the steering wheel where they can see them.

I almost got shot by a cop in NC once. I had pulled over and I was reaching into my glove box to have my Registration ready when the police Officer got to my wondow… My car backfired and I did not even think about it, next thing I know I am staring down the barrel of a freaking Glock... The cop started yelling to put my hands on the steering wheel. After he calmed down, he told me a fellow officer was shot the other day on a routine traffic stop. When the car backfired he though I had shot at him and was ready to fill the car with holes... What an afternoon that was.

Now, in cities/states that have concealed carry laws, I turn the car off and either put my hands out the window or keep them firmly planted on the wheel until the cop is in plain sight. Then when asked for ID, tell them you are reaching for your wallet in your front pocket, or reaching into your glove box for your registration...
Old 09-25-2006, 01:35 PM
JLT

my experience with the Tampa, FL police dept and the secret service (yes ive been pulled over by them in DC) is to put down all windows, turn on all vehicle lights, and place hands out of the side of the vehicle where the office can see them. the officer is more afraid of you than anything - who the hell wants to get shot at a routine traffic stop. the first words out of your mouth if you have a weapon is, "officer, I am in pos. of a legal fire arm, it is in my glove box, would you like me to remove it and present you with my concel/carry permit etc." its also good to have your license and registration ready when the cop comes so as to expedite the process - trust me, he/she does not want to be near you anymore than you want them near you. aside from comforting the officer, the attitude is key (i think) - that and geography - FFX, AX, and Ocean City/Bethany cops are ruthless.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:38 PM
BamBam

Originally Posted by 05-Z
I always put my gun and keys on the dashboard, that way they know I'm ready to cooperate.

J/K....good idea though.
Actually that is the correct thing to do if my memory hold correct. IF you have a gun in the car (in most states it must be in plain site NOT concealed) you should stick your hands out the car or keep them on the top of the steering wheel and yell to the officer "I have a registered weapon on the front seat/dash whatever.... After that do whatever the police officer tells you to do. Some will tell you to stay where you are keeping your hands in sight, others will tell you to get out of the car, with your back to them while keeping your hands in sight and step back 10 paces towards their car.

Either way, you should really let them know you have a gun otherwise if he gets surprised by the sight of a weapon in your car or on your person, you might get the scare of your life.

Quick Reply: Pulled Over!!!