Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Tint ticket....Bah Humbug!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 06:06 AM
tommym

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tint ticket....Bah Humbug!

So I got a ticket this morning from the fine folks of FFX County. Can someone tell me how much this is going to cost?
Old 12-22-2006, 06:11 AM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

go to the website on the back of the ticket and see for yourself.
Old 12-22-2006, 06:23 AM
tommym

oh...i didn't look at that. i thought it would be written on it.
Old 12-22-2006, 06:24 AM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by tommym
oh...i didn't look at that. i thought it would be written on it. sorry to **** in your cornflakes.
**** in my cornflakes? I was helping you find out how much the ticket would be. Get off your soap box

nice ninja edit
Old 12-22-2006, 06:36 AM
Havok_RLS2

I HATE Fair Fax County Cops!

They have to be the most UNPROFESSIONAL A-Holes ever to be given the honor of being called "Police Officers". (And if you are an FFX County Cop and My statment offends you.... Blame your fellow officers!)

You're just a bunch of bullies with a badge that exercise your court granted freedom the write "General" Reckless Driving (46.2.852) tickets for anything and everything at your zero hearts content.

NO Honor! NO integrity! Bullies with a badge.
Old 12-22-2006, 06:45 AM
ZIABLO
I am Batman

^ true, for the most part.
Old 12-22-2006, 06:57 AM
behjjeh
Vendor - Former Vendor

^ very true...
i believe it's around $75......... i had 3 times before.........
Old 12-22-2006, 07:03 AM
badboyblake11

i got a tint ticket awhile back and it was $60.
Old 12-22-2006, 07:13 AM
runz

i completely agree. ffax cops freaking suck... they look for anyone with a mod'd car and they hop on yah.
Old 12-22-2006, 07:21 AM
BhamZMan

Originally Posted by tommym
So I got a ticket this morning from the fine folks of FFX County. Can someone tell me how much this is going to cost?
Nothing if you get the tint removed....around here I think you are required to show proof that you removed the tint. Luckily the cops are more interested in waffle house than writing tickets for tint.
Old 12-22-2006, 07:31 AM
Nihilation

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 for Fairfax being ridiculous. They towed my last car because I had a prior exhaust violation and I had also lowered it. Not only towed, but took my tags, took my registration and told me I had nine days to return it to stock or I would not be able to re-register the car for an additional 6 months. How much bull**** is that?

So some may think, "What were you doing wrong?" If leaving Fairfax Town Center constitutes as illegal then I'm guilty. It's not Hotel California, I can leave whenever the hell I want. I'm sitting at the light to leave the FFX Town Center and right as the light goes green a Fairfax cop turns out to leave as well. I get half way across the street before his lights are on. I pull over, he says he pulled me over for exhaust(3" turbo, honestly wasn't loud) and then asks if the car was lowered. He returns from his car, says he's taking my tags, registration, etc and has called a tow truck. A tow truck that I had to pay for!

Officer Jenkins- Not returning phone calls until AFTER the alloted time period to force me into a smaller hole, you think you're so smart. I hope somebody at the department puts you in your place and beats you with the stick they pull out of your ***.

/rant
Old 12-22-2006, 07:40 AM
Havok_RLS2

^^ +1.

Like I said.... Bullies with a Badge.
Old 12-22-2006, 07:44 AM
mdracer76
Banned

Originally Posted by Nihilation
+1 for Fairfax being ridiculous. They towed my last car because I had a prior exhaust violation and I had also lowered it. Not only towed, but took my tags, took my registration and told me I had nine days to return it to stock or I would not be able to re-register the car for an additional 6 months. How much bull**** is that?

So some may think, "What were you doing wrong?" If leaving Fairfax Town Center constitutes as illegal then I'm guilty. It's not Hotel California, I can leave whenever the hell I want. I'm sitting at the light to leave the FFX Town Center and right as the light goes green a Fairfax cop turns out to leave as well. I get half way across the street before his lights are on. I pull over, he says he pulled me over for exhaust(3" turbo, honestly wasn't loud) and then asks if the car was lowered. He returns from his car, says he's taking my tags, registration, etc and has called a tow truck. A tow truck that I had to pay for!

Officer Jenkins- Not returning phone calls until AFTER the alloted time period to force me into a smaller hole, you think you're so smart. I hope somebody at the department puts you in your place and beats you with the stick they pull out of your ***.

/rant
Wow.. just WOW! Thats crazy! Glad I moved out of FFX. I also don't shop or dine out in that county because of the enforcement policies there. I wonder how much potential business is lost to business owners in the county....

Last edited by mdracer76; 12-22-2006 at 07:46 AM.
Old 12-22-2006, 07:49 AM
tommym

USN, I read it wrong when I first read your reply. That was why i removed it. Sorry about that.
Old 12-22-2006, 07:50 AM
clean

Gay-ist ticket EVER.
Old 12-22-2006, 07:51 AM
TSG-Z

Wow, I had my share of fix-tickets, like 20! I think every cop in Va. Beach knew me, everytime I got pulled it was improper exhaust, tint, no front license plate and altered suspension! I told them I wasnt going to fix it, they didnt like that too much. I'm glad my Z is registered in NC, so the hell with that front plate. Good luck!
Old 12-22-2006, 07:59 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Originally Posted by TSG-Z
Wow, I had my share of fix-tickets, like 20! I think every cop in Va. Beach knew me, everytime I got pulled it was improper exhaust, tint, no front license plate and altered suspension! I told them I wasnt going to fix it, they didnt like that too much. I'm glad my Z is registered in NC, so the hell with that front plate. Good luck!

Did you just keep paying the tickets??
Old 12-22-2006, 08:03 AM
FUCHAOWNAOFdaZ

Originally Posted by Havok_RLS2
I HATE Fair Fax County Cops!

They have to be the most UNPROFESSIONAL A-Holes ever to be given the honor of being called "Police Officers". (And if you are an FFX County Cop and My statment offends you.... Blame your fellow officers!)

You're just a bunch of bullies with a badge that exercise your court granted freedom the write "General" Reckless Driving (46.2.852) tickets for anything and everything at your zero hearts content.

NO Honor! NO integrity! Bullies with a badge.
man I got into an accident a couple weeks ago in my z and I was charged with reckless driving. I asked why and they said because you left skid marks on the road and that's considered reckless. I asked so what you're telling me is if an 80 year old granny gets into an accident and leaves skids, she will be charged with reckless driving whether it's her fault or not, he said "yes".
this is ridiculous, is it even possible to get into an Accident and not leave skid marks. I ****ing hate this COUNTY, almost 95% of you officers are PIGS
I understand there are VERY FEW of you out there that are cool and understanding, but almost all of you abuse your authority, and like HAVOK said, you're nothing but bullies with a badge!

Last edited by FUCHAOWNAOFdaZ; 12-22-2006 at 08:06 AM.
Old 12-22-2006, 08:04 AM
Driven1
Professional

Is it a repair order or a $ ticket? If its a $ ticket consider yourself pretty lucky. Otherwise you will have to remove ALL of the windows and have the vehicle re inspected and then re tinted if you chose.

Sorry for the luck man. It definitely sucks.
Old 12-22-2006, 08:06 AM
Havok_RLS2

Check this out! This is what you can be charge with at anytime by a FFX Cop at their disgression.

**Indeed, reckless driving is a serious criminal charge, but it is a catch-all offense often over-charged by police officers. Reckless driving; general rule § 46.2-852 is the most common charge for police officers. The language of the section is so broad that it can be applied under almost any circumstance. The other sections of the Code are much more specific.**

In the case of general reckless driving, the government attorney must prove that the driver (1) drove at a speed or in a manner so as to endanger life, limb, or property of another; or (2) that the driver disregarded the consequences of his actions and displayed an indifference to the safety of life, limb, or property. The action must be intentional on the part of the driver. Losing control of a vehicle because of an oil slick on the road, for instance, does not meet the level of proof required for this charge.

In Virginia, reckless driving is Class One Misdemeanor Criminal Charge, punishable by up to 12 months in jail, up to a $2,500 fine, and a possible loss of your Virginia driving privilege for up to six months. In addition, you could be arrested and have your car impounded at the discretion of the police officer for committing this offense. To save time, most officers bind you to show in court through your signature on the "summons."

FORMS OF VIRGINIA RECKLESS DRIVING:

(1) The most common form of reckless driving is speeding 20+ over the speed limit;

§ 46.2-862. Exceeding speed limit - A person shall be guilty of reckless driving who drives a motor vehicle on the highways in the Commonwealth (i) at a speed of twenty miles per hour or more in excess of the applicable maximum speed limit where the applicable speed limit is thirty miles per hour or less, (ii) at a speed of sixty miles per hour or more where the applicable maximum speed limit is thirty-five miles per hour, (iii) at a speed of twenty miles per hour or more in excess of the applicable maximum speed limits where the applicable maximum speed limit is forty miles per hour or more, or (iv) in excess of eighty miles per hour regardless of the applicable maximum speed limit).

(2) Driving in a manner generally endangering others;

§ 46.2-852. Reckless driving; general rule - Irrespective of the maximum speeds permitted by law, any person who drives a vehicle on any highway recklessly or at a speed or in a manner so as to endanger the life, limb, or property of any person shall be guilty of reckless driving;

Quick Reply: Tint ticket....Bah Humbug!