Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Why I disappear from this forum for months at a time...

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007 | 07:24 AM
Theatrix
Professional
Premier Member

If one were to spend some time in any other country (as I have), you would see and feel similar resentments towards those who are not native to that country. People will always harbor hatred to others when either they believe someone is taking something away from, i.e....jobs and benefits, or when they choose to remain ignorant in the way of the world.

The bottom line is you will never be able to change how people think, you just tolerate. We all have to swallow more than we choose, but that's part of growing up.
Old 01-29-2007 | 08:43 AM
mbq62

gang problems in LA wouldn't be so bad... if they replaced the LAPD with Fairfax County Police Department!!! lool those crazy cops.
Old 01-31-2007 | 09:47 AM
ROGUELITE
the Zbler eLf

just my two cents.

hatred is just a reality that will never go away. it seems like people always gravitate toward their differences rather than their similarities. if we were all the same color we would group based on height and so forth. it is a sad world we live in.

as far as immigrants and people coming to this country i have a pretty strong and straightforward view. we are all immigrants. unless you are native american you are an immigrant. coming to a country that was already inhabited by others and calling it your own doesn't make you native. i hope i'm not stepping on anyone's toes here. but i include myself in this.

this country long ago was built by immigrants. immigrants from other countries who came and worked blood sweat and tears to provide a better life for their families. why not offer hispanics the same opportunity? what makes european immigrants from long ago so much better than hispanic immigrants today?

so i believe an effort should be made to control and provide work programs and ensure taxes are being paid on earned income. but at the same time. if our country allows hispanic immigrants to come in and work and help support our economy. it would seem obnoxious to not offer them citizenship at some point down the line. otherwise it makes the statement that you are good enough to come in and do low paying work but not be citizens. so what makes someone worthy of citizenship. if our economy is benefiting from them being here... you connect the dots.

i'm not advocating a rush of hispanics across the border illegally. or not enforcing laws on those already here illegally. i'm just noting that our country relies heavily on the labor provided by hispanics. and businesses profit from their contributions which in turn helps the economy. the people coming in are for the most part honest hard working individuals. not thugs as people like to stereotype. there are more than enough legal thugs in this country that we should be worried about.

alright guys flame away. lol. no but really these are just my thoughts. not trying to step on toes or argue. i just feel like everyone deserves a chance for a better life.
Old 02-01-2007 | 03:27 PM
BamBam

Ok, not to stoke the fires... But why when my grand parents came here did they and their children have to learn English to get around, while today everywhere I go I must push “1” if I don't understand what in the heck the phone is telling me..
In talking to my parents, when they had report cards and notices sent home, they were sent home in English and their parents either relied on the children to translate, or found other friends neighbors to do this. Today, they get to chose between English/Spanish? No on ever asks if you want a Mandarin Chinese translation? Or how about a Hindi, or Tamil translation? They should not provide a drivers manual in Spanish… BUT if they are going to do that, it ought to be in EVERY National language to be fair to everyone….
Just a personal pet peeve when this subject comes up.

On to the earlier discussion: If you entered illegal you should not get any benefits: Unless you are paying into the system. If that is the case, then you are most likely using a fake social security card and that has a whole lot of other punishments.
I agree the INS system is CRAP and needs to be redone. Most of the people who have entered illegally have done so because of the BS immigration laws. These need to be changed.
Better Guest worker programs need to be implemented. Simple as that. But I swear to god, Speak English please... When I go to live in foreign countries, I either need to learn the language or have someone act as my interpreter... It should work both ways folks.
(Getting down from my soapbox now )
--B

Diablesse: Good to see you back on the board for a little bit
Old 02-01-2007 | 03:58 PM
I1DER

Don't blame the immigrants for not having to learn the main language. Blame the supposed educated, politically correct, patronizing liberals that push through laws that propagate diversity instead of our common goals as Americans. Hell, I'm no longer an American, I'm a Dutch-American. We are dividing our country up into a bunch of gangs of supposed adults where each tries to protect their turf instead of the American turf. Our danger are the bigots in sheep's clothing and the race hustlers. Shesh!

Last edited by I1DER; 02-02-2007 at 10:15 AM.
Old 02-01-2007 | 06:56 PM
valdeztke

I vanish from time to time, but I come back every few years
Old 02-01-2007 | 07:03 PM
Eazzy

Originally Posted by diablesse
How can u say that ? I just HATE it when I hear things like this
Old 02-01-2007 | 07:08 PM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z
Premier Member

Originally Posted by DROPPEDIT2WCE
We dont go to your house and **** on your rug, don't come to our home and **** on our rugs!!!

Now that's the kind of love I'm talking about

Last edited by Paul350Z; 02-01-2007 at 07:10 PM.
Old 02-01-2007 | 07:10 PM
valdeztke

Dude - thats my rug man. Did I **** on your rug?
Old 02-01-2007 | 07:31 PM
myZter
PREMIER MEM.FTW
Premier Member

Originally Posted by diablesse
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=245155

There is so much hate and ignorance buried here.

Thank goodness we live in the Mid-A where people tend to be relatively more liberal, more educated and I guess somewhat sheltered from this type of stuff.
yes im glad for u also.. but you wont know anything about it unless u actually live here. the person who made that thread and any1 who commented on that really sees the problems and had to speak there mind which i do agree with what some say. you cant expect them to follow the law if they cant event speak or read english.. for that they are hating americans for there stupidity when its their fault for not learning. america was built on immigrants who had dreams on having a better life.. i dont want to see other stupid immagrents distroying the built dreams from others because they think they are greater in numbers or think that this is their land. anyways ill talk to u next month or so

they sold this land for some potato seeds.. j/k
Old 02-02-2007 | 12:23 PM
diablesse

Amen...I didn't intend for this to be a california bashing thread.

Anyway, I'm SOOOO glad to see a lot more reasonable arguments here. Based on what a lto fo you said, I can't really get upset with Americans being a bit peeved about a lot of people entering illegally and mooching off of the system. After reading a lot of people's replies, I think maybe living outside of California helps. I actually never encounter immigrants that cannot speak English.

Ironically, the worst abusers of English I encounter are native Americans. No offense at all intended, but some people really should not be criticizing others inability to speak english when they can barely tell the difference between "there" and "their" or "they're" OR "your" and "you're". I won't even comment on punctuation....

What does **** me off is when Americans come up with downright violent measures to rid this country of 'aliens'.
Old 02-02-2007 | 12:31 PM
BamBam

^_^ ....LOL
All I will say is that you need to meet my neighbors
They are very friendly, don't cause any problems and have been there for years, BUT they don't speak a word of English, except to say hello and yes/no. They are into modding their cars too, so they like to check out my car whenever I have it around the house.
Old 02-02-2007 | 12:56 PM
Max_PSi

Fix the INS so ppl can enter legally, and help put into the system. Thats all I ask for.

And hold all these local business owners who dont really give a damn about all the cheap labor they're taking advantage of accountable for their actions.

In NY, whether your a legal citizen or not, if you get hurt at work, your entitled to worker's comp. All the local business owner does is drop the worker off at the hospital, and drive up the road to pick up a new worker. And the taxpayer foots the bill.