Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Looking for a y-pipe local

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007 | 01:27 PM
MasterRacer

Iam still waiting for Darren sooooooo dono but hopefully it's gonna be
good news, he said that he had to check his inventory and stuff before
we do something related to a group buy. I will let you guys know as soon
as I know !

Originally Posted by Hot Cu
Would love to hear your Helix with the ebay special y-pipe sometime if you had the chance.

What test pipes are you going with, Helix also?

I would get test pipes but I am sketchy about emission tests and the extremely loud sound (hint hint Mike but I haven't heard it yet)
Old 03-26-2007 | 07:14 PM
MasterRacer

Alright guys according to Darren Intense power y pipes
are currently out of stock but should have some in later in the
week or early next week. If we decide to do a group buy it
would be at $130 shipped for the y pipe. Let me know peoples!
Old 03-28-2007 | 04:18 AM
Hot Cu
SlammednFlush

I just want to hear a sound clip. Pictures look great with the SUS 304. However, I want to ADD tone not decrease it and the Intense website says:

"The Infiniti G35 and Nissan 350Z are high-end performance machines, boasting the VQ35DE V6 Engine that easily pulls these cars through the highest demands. Because they are at the forefront of automotive technology, many aspects of the car's performance have grown increasingly complicated. To modify simple things, such as the exhaust system, becomes a daunting task that can become pricey. The IntensePower.com Y-Pipe is a direct bolt-on for the 350Z and G35 (coupe and RWD sedan - not tested on AWD sedan yet).

The Y-Pipe features two High-Flow flex pipes to reduce the interior noise resonance without sacrificing performance while the Polished T-304 Stainless Steel construction offers a show-car look and long lasting durability.

The inlets are 2.5" that follow through with individual pipes until they converge at the Cat-Back system with a 3" Flat-Flange to provide a secure and fit seal every time."

So does this just reduce the noise associated with the y-pipe resonance (echoing up into the interior because of the the y-pipe's location in relation to the car cabin) inside the car and hopefully will give the Z a little more exhaust tone???

Last edited by Hot Cu; 03-28-2007 at 04:22 AM.
Old 03-28-2007 | 04:23 AM
Hot Cu
SlammednFlush

I think that I am still in anyways:

Intense Motorsports Y-Pipe Group Buy Potential List:
1. Hot Cu
Old 03-28-2007 | 04:31 AM
MasterRacer

Iam sure any aftermarket Y pipe is going to be louder then stock.

Originally Posted by Hot Cu
I just want to hear a sound clip. Pictures look great with the SUS 304. However, I want to ADD tone not decrease it and the Intense website says:

"The Infiniti G35 and Nissan 350Z are high-end performance machines, boasting the VQ35DE V6 Engine that easily pulls these cars through the highest demands. Because they are at the forefront of automotive technology, many aspects of the car's performance have grown increasingly complicated. To modify simple things, such as the exhaust system, becomes a daunting task that can become pricey. The IntensePower.com Y-Pipe is a direct bolt-on for the 350Z and G35 (coupe and RWD sedan - not tested on AWD sedan yet).

The Y-Pipe features two High-Flow flex pipes to reduce the interior noise resonance without sacrificing performance while the Polished T-304 Stainless Steel construction offers a show-car look and long lasting durability.

The inlets are 2.5" that follow through with individual pipes until they converge at the Cat-Back system with a 3" Flat-Flange to provide a secure and fit seal every time."

So does this just reduce the noise associated with the y-pipe resonance (echoing up into the interior because of the the y-pipe's location in relation to the car cabin) inside the car and hopefully will give the Z a little more exhaust tone???