Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

N/a Go Boom.... Too!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 05:02 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn corey,im sure glad i didnt sell you the stillen yet (me and my wallet are still talking about the twins) i hope every thing goes good with the warranty.i still hope you can make it for the skyline run.see you there.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:17 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default So far so good!

Originally Posted by superchargedg
damn corey,im sure glad i didnt sell you the stillen yet (me and my wallet are still talking about the twins) i hope every thing goes good with the warranty.i still hope you can make it for the skyline run.see you there.
I have my documented Mobile 1 synthetic reciepts for every 5K from the shop that changes my oil so everything looks good, thus far. We should have the final verdict by COB today...pray for me guys....thanks for all the love and support, I sure azzzz hell need it.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:55 PM
spacemn_spiff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck and keep us updated on how it unfolds.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:58 PM
Armando

Damn sorry to hear bro
Old 04-04-2007, 03:44 PM
abui01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

N/a Ftb!
Old 04-04-2007, 07:06 PM
rockinbboy

How much does it cost to get a shotblock or longblock?
Old 04-04-2007, 07:41 PM
Beer Goggles

A new engine isn't close to 17K unless that's built with twin turbo and lots of other stuff. Built shortblocks are 3K.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:51 AM
MasterRacer

more like 4 or 5 grand?
Old 04-05-2007, 07:11 AM
BamBam

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A built shortblock is not $3k... I think 5 is a more likely scenario. But of course that depends on the type of build you do.. Basic, Mild or Wild..
Just an engine can run anywhere from low $4k - $20k depending.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:46 PM
wtf no turbo

No more rides for me!!!! I tell ya if I did not hook up with brazilian chica's this week I would would feel for ya. You need anything yell.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:04 AM
4SHIZZIL

A new engine purchased from Infinity will cost a whopping 7K...then its an double whopping 10K for installation....Daam I am in the wrong profession. I heard figures north of 17K for the complete warranty bill to Infiniti...and I also heard that Nissan is Nissan and Infiniti is Infiniti....I guess they cant warranty the other brand...sounds weird but I guess it different pots of money.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:34 AM
mdracer76
Banned

So whats the staus? Are they replacing the motor for you?
Old 04-06-2007, 11:05 AM
Sly_Z

Sorry to hear that, at least they will fix it under warranty.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:21 AM
XxKwestxX

damn, that sucks. Im at 22K on my 06' and I haven't noticed any oil consumption yet...I will have to keep a close eye on it.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:18 PM
MasterRacer

upppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppdate?
lol we all wanna make sure that shizzle ride gets back up
on the road man!
Old 04-07-2007, 05:32 AM
4SHIZZIL

Default Monday....Update

Originally Posted by MasterRacer
upppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppdate?
lol we all wanna make sure that shizzle ride gets back up
on the road man!
The guy at Chantily said that he has been submitting warranty packages for 27 years and see no reason why they would deny anything...told me not to sweat it at all. But, for the official word, we will have to wait until Monday....

Sorry to reply so slow...I had to run to St.Louis due to my grandmother being terminally ill with cancer. The loaner is broke in now though.

Update on the 2007 G35X...Ironically the car drinks more gas than my Coupe. I guess its the AWD and 315HP after 30MPH!? The car actually drives/handles/performs a lot better than one would think. The torque curve is steady. The peddle is sensitive though. I often find the car down-shifting to an undesired gear at times (too much power). Handling is right up there with the 3 series, but for the money I could not justify buying a BMW over the GX.

If I have my way after all this crap...I would like a G35 Coupe X with 400-450 at the crank. That would be ideal for me. After driving the new C6 with mods (about 450 crank)...thats all I need.

I will post the first chance I get on Monday with an update....

Alos a friend of mine was in a dealership in Atlanta and said the salesman had a leased G35 Coupe 6mt 2005 and that he was on his 3rd engine.

The rule is for replacing your engine is:
1. Get your oil changed..documented.
2. Drive to the dealer at 1,000 miles after the oil change, have them check it and top it off..they will document that.
3. Bring it back every 1000 miles after that until you have done this 3 or four times.

4.Then submit a claim for a new motor. I will do this once the new engine is in and I will drive the 45-60 minutes to the Chantily dealer, so that they can check and document it all themselves. After 3 engines, in VA you qualify for the Lemon Law for vehicle replacement. Sounds like a big pain in the azzz, but I bet after the 2nd engine..or the need for one..getting out of the car should be an option. That guy in Atlanta was in a lease, so they keep giving him new engines... Ironically he sold Evo's but drives a G...lol even after all that!

Last edited by 4SHIZZIL; 04-07-2007 at 05:36 AM.
Old 04-07-2007, 05:39 AM
4SHIZZIL

Default Everyone should be ontop of their engines oil now

Originally Posted by ortiz32tt
damn, that sucks. Im at 22K on my 06' and I haven't noticed any oil consumption yet...I will have to keep a close eye on it.
The more I dig, the more I find..I bet the number of replaced engines is about 2 or 3 thousand by now.

Another close friend just had his oil changed in a 2006 G and only a quart and a half spilled out of the drain plug! DOH! Another one bites the dust.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:47 AM
4SHIZZIL

Default Infinti To Replace Longblock

Well I am happy to report that Infiniti is going to pick up the tab for my new 07 Long Block... hopefully it doesnt have the issues the 05-06 seem to have. Trust me when I say that every 1,000 miles the engine will be at the dealership to be checked and that if its low 3 times or 3K miles...I will be requesting yet another long block. The warrantee on the powertrain is 6 year 70,000 miles so to all that have not heavily moded there cars should be good.

The key ingrediant is NISMO reciepts. Although I didnt have any NISMO gear added to my car, if you do buy something, ensure that its NISMO, keep the reciept and document as much as you can...who installed it, reciepts and such.

They gave me a hard time for changing my oil at 5-6K miles. I told them that I drive mostly highway and I drive over 2K per month (28K last year)..so that cant be city driving... They also had me sign the order form saying that if the car had be damaged due to excessive water "intake-age" then I will foot the bill. I told them that a K&N airfilter would not do such damage and if they find water in my engine then be prepared for a legal battle to include Obama and Oprah all together..lol. I didnt have a cold air intake nor did I do any puddle jumping in my G!

Engine was ordered yesterday and takes 3 days for shipping...dealer said 1.5 days to drop it in...should be ready by Wed or Thurs of next week. I will be taking a few personal skyline drives over the coouple of weekends to place some highway miles on the new engine before I drop the hammer. I will post those drives since it seems we are rained out for this weekend.

Recap...your ride should be stock when it goes in for a checkup or warrantee replacement or else you are fighting uphill from the start, but its a winnable fight.
Check oil at a certified facility every 1000 miles and have it documented. Although I built F-15's for 6 years, they wouldnt even consider me qualified. (I know its stupid but I am telling you all what I heard). It helped that I have such a background, but I am not certified...like Function or Altered or the rest of those shops other than the dealer. Nissan/Infiniti is the best place to have it checked for consumption and documented so that the process goes 5 days faster than mine did.

Establish a relationship with one dealer...its their recommendation that counts. Infiniti wanted to rebuild my longblock but dealer insisted on a new one!! It took him 5 days but....its all about who you know.

By a new motor to play with...if you want to go big HP build it first...

Hell even N/A Go Boom.....Too!

Last edited by 4SHIZZIL; 04-13-2007 at 04:56 AM. Reason: too big of font
Old 04-13-2007, 06:16 AM
MasterRacer

COngrats man! My Z is sippin oil as well I add in a quart between changes and NO i still don't believe this to be "normal" it's bs. At about 1000 miles or so I notice a drop in the dipstick ...........according to Sheehy o Manashole its normal but I did bring it to there attention and had oil consumption test but turned up not much according to them. When it gets low on oil iam just gonna take it to them to document it but again they point at my mods which is total horsesiHt! an intake and exhaust WOW = 1 qt of burn off??????? car has been redlined 1 time in the year I have had it.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:28 AM
4SHIZZIL

Default Wow

Originally Posted by MasterRacer
COngrats man! My Z is sippin oil as well I add in a quart between changes and NO i still don't believe this to be "normal" it's bs. At about 1000 miles or so I notice a drop in the dipstick ...........according to Sheehy o Manashole its normal but I did bring it to there attention and had oil consumption test but turned up not much according to them. When it gets low on oil iam just gonna take it to them to document it but again they point at my mods which is total horsesiHt! an intake and exhaust WOW = 1 qt of burn off??????? car has been redlined 1 time in the year I have had it.
Ask them how many Ferrari and Porshe guys have to add oil to their engine in between oil changes....Hey man Infiniti of Chantilly is right up the road from MANHOLE and they will give the proper documentation.

take it there next time its low..they know what to do, but when it comes to getting a new engine...NISSAN will have to take care of that...just get the documentation rolling. Good luck.... dont sweat the exhaust...they know that the engines are consuming mad oil. The only thing they can try to get you on is water in the engine.

Last edited by 4SHIZZIL; 04-13-2007 at 06:40 AM.

Quick Reply: N/a Go Boom.... Too!